ADVERTISEMENT

Olivia Jones indefinitely suspended

"For all the people who's wondering I did not get suspended I definitely quit! People will always try to make themselves look like the better person. I decided to transfer for a reason. Many people have from my same class. It's no secret who's the screw up. Take it how you want it!"

Hmmmmm...

I think the team will be better off. I've heard her attitude has been terrible since last year.

I've been told she's very homesick. Remember, she was displaced by Hurricane Katrina. Expect her to sign somewhere close to home.

2nd straight year that the projected POY or leading candidate for POY has been dismissed or parted ways with the program.

We're a long way from the days of class and grace the program had with Ebony Rowe and Alysha Clark.

I've been told she's very homesick. Remember, she was displaced by Hurricane Katrina. Expect her to sign somewhere close to home.
I would have never thought that since she has been in Murfreesboro since 4th or 5th grade.
You could be correct though

as for a release, put restrictions to no programs in state, no future opponents, no ovc, no cusa, no socon, no sun belt teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: TruBluCop
as for a release, put restrictions to no programs in state, no ovc, no cusa, no socon, no sun belt teams.
I wish the NCAA would change that. It is so unfair that a program can restrict where a player can go but yet a coach can decide to leave and go wherever he or she pleases. I say let her go wherever she wants to. Don't be petty with restrictions

I wish the NCAA would change that. It is so unfair that a program can restrict where a player can go but yet a coach can decide to leave and go wherever he or she pleases. I say let her go wherever she wants to. Don't be petty with restrictions

She quit on the team long before she quit the team. Have no problem with the rule in this instance. Unlike Austin Grammer, he waited until the end of the season.

She quit on the team long before she quit the team. Have no problem with the rule in this instance. Unlike Austin Grammer, he waited until the end of the season.
I get what you are saying I just hate the rule altogether regardless of the circumstances

I guess the lil general can't be man enough to address her. This team is a mess, and doesn't have the talent to win the conference. I guess all the ovc, asun talent is taking him to the promise land. He may be out of touch with today's athlete.

This has been coming for a long time, Jones's attitude went downhill with the players from last year that were too lazy to get in shape that being Caya Williams, Shy Copney and China Dow. Williams and Copney were just too lazy and China was all about herself and her next meal. Jones will end up where China is at more than likely. Jones twitted back in the summer she was tired of BB and didn't know if she wanted to play anymore right after Dow left. Brea and the rest of the team came back in better shape this fall than when last season was over while Jones did nothing and came back over weight and out of shape which was apparent during the games. You could tell by watching her on court play and actions with the coaches and other players she was not into playing and being on the team. Another thing I was told by a Riverdale fan was that you had to treat her with kid gloves or she would quit on you and I think he might have been right. I think as long as she was the Queen Bee she was fine but when other players stepped up she couldn't stand the heat.The team will be better off without her because her attitude would only hurt the team. I believe the girls on this team without Jones will be a lot better team attitude wise.

I guess the lil general can't be man enough to address her. This team is a mess, and doesn't have the talent to win the conference. I guess all the ovc, asun talent is taking him to the promise land. He may be out of touch with today's athlete.

What do you mean by,"address her"? I think he might have in private and I don't see where it is his place to address it in public to you or anyone else. I'm sure that as the Head Coach he probably did "address her performance both on the court and in attitude" and that is why she quit. She, like the rest of the players are getting a college education paid for by the MT Athletic Dept. and should "Lady up" and give max effort for that college education. As for the team being a mess and not having the talent to win the conference that will be decided later on in the season and not by you or me. As far as being out of touch with today's athlete if they are the" PC Safe Zone crowd" then I don't think we need them anyway.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Welp, with everything that has been happening lately in the athletic department this could cause some grief for some people. We will soon find out what has been going down with in the program.

The good news is, she seems to be one of (if not "the") the last problem players on the team... Bad news, we may hear some things that are not so good about the program...

The good news is, she seems to be one of (if not "the") the last problem players on the team... Bad news, we may hear some things that are not so good about the program...

This is like a divorce in that she will try to make Insell look as bad as possible. If you don't like Insell then what she says will be the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I believe that what you will hear is a player that has an axe to grind and I would take what she says with a grain of salt.I do know that if I was a coach at another school I would look at her very hard before letting her on my team.

Two words for Ms. Jones: good riddance. It's a shame she can't/won't be forced to pay back the scholarship money she took. It's takes no talent whatsoever to quit. What a cowardly way to leave. Our program just improved as she left, IMHO....

Problem with oj is she wanted to rest on her laurels. She apparently didn't want to get better. Evidence is she was getting as big as a house and felt she was entitled to do as she wanted and ride on her God given talent and not develop it and improve.

Last edited:
This statement got me to thinking about something and leads me to a question:
Does our women's bball program have an offseason conditioning program?
I know football has mat drills and most if not all of the guys stay on campus and condition with Spray in the summer. If I'm not mistaken our men's team has some type of offseason conditioning program as well. I think I have only seen offseason women's conditioning mentioned once or twice in the last few years. I'm not speaking of summer practice but actual conditioning. On top of that I know lots of football programs ( not sure about other sports) across the country even have nutrition requirements for players. I say all that to say that weight and conditioning has been a hot topic with our womens' basketball team over the last few years. I just wonder what the coaching staff is doing to correct the issue. i know that players have to want to work also but I would think the coaches would be letting them know what they should and shouldnt be doing.

This statement got me to thinking about something and leads me to a question:
Does our women's bball program have an offseason conditioning program?
I know football has mat drills and most if not all of the guys stay on campus and condition with Spray in the summer. If I'm not mistaken our men's team has some type of offseason conditioning program as well. I think I have only seen offseason women's conditioning mentioned once or twice in the last few years. I'm not speaking of summer practice but actual conditioning. On top of that I know lots of football programs ( not sure about other sports) across the country even have nutrition requirements for players. I say all that to say that weight and conditioning has been a hot topic with our womens' basketball team over the last few years. I just wonder what the coaching staff is doing to correct the issue. i know that players have to want to work also but I would think the coaches would be letting them know what they should and shouldnt be doing.

Yes, they do. Olivia did not take part this past summer. I think she was the only one who did not.

All you have to do is look at Brea who took the initiative and lost around 30 lbs. during the off season. The rest worked out all summer and all came back in pretty good shape except for Jones. All you had to do is look at Jones and you could tell she went on the same diet and fitness program that Caya Williams, Shy Copney and China Dow was own.
Yes they do have a program and the rest of the team took advantage of it and I think it has been evident in how the rest have preformed. I know for a fact weight and conditioning was a very big topic at the end of last season and I believe that is why the three mentioned above left.
It's all about ambition and desire to excel when given a chance. Some people think it is owed to them but don't think they should have to work for it. Some take the opportunity and work their butt off like Kiki Stewart and JJ and walk away with an education.

All you have to do is look at Brea who took the initiative and lost around 30 lbs. during the off season. The rest worked out all summer and all came back in pretty good shape except for Jones. All you had to do is look at Jones and you could tell she went on the same diet and fitness program that Caya Williams, Shy Copney and China Dow was own.
Yes they do have a program and the rest of the team took advantage of it and I think it has been evident in how the rest have preformed. I know for a fact weight and conditioning was a very big topic at the end of last season and I believe that is why the three mentioned above left.
It's all about ambition and desire to excel when given a chance. Some people think it is owed to them but don't think they should have to work for it. Some take the opportunity and work their butt off like Kiki Stewart and JJ and walk away with an education.

Speaking of that, I saw Alex Smith in the Inside the Paint podcast/video today as they highlighted some of the practice play. She looks slimmer and quick in the paint (much faster than JJ/KeKe -- more to the likes of Gabby or Alex Johnson). I am very impressed. I think she'll be a huge presence for the next four years.

Alex Smith wants to learn and she is dedicated to getting in shape and improving her game. She will end up being an impact player before her career is over. She has a great attitude. Soft hands, good passer and will be a terror in the paint. For her size she can make some moves that will blow your mind.

Reactions: MTOleBlue

Alex Johnson featured prominently thru 6-8 minute mark. At the intermission where they talk about the practice players, you can see a few Alex Smith highlights. I had to do a double take when I saw her moves! Quite impressive.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT