ADVERTISEMENT

New Commit

That's a bigtime get! Kansas wanted him. That's like the first P5 recruited player we've had in a while it seems. He has a Benny Cunninghame frame. He will do well here for the 1-2 years we'll have him. This also tells me that we are gonna commit to the run game now with the new OL coach who is a true OL guy. It will be interesting to see who the new OC is.

That's a bigtime get! Kansas wanted him. That's like the first P5 recruited player we've had in a while it seems. He has a Benny Cunninghame frame. He will do well here for the 1-2 years we'll have him. This also tells me that we are gonna commit to the run game now with the new OL coach who is a true OL guy. It will be interesting to see who the new OC is.
An interesting note is CDM was recruiting him at Oklahoma St. He is receiving interest from UNC, Colorado, Cincinnati and OK State.

Kid is a baller. Tough , physical runner with some burst. Can do it all.

Well, he's already transferred once, so probably right about 1 to 2 years.

Well, he's already transferred once, so probably right about 1 to 2 years.
Transferred to a program that gets alot of attention from college programs and was a step up in competition. I get the transfer culture, but not a given he's here for a short time. If he does, that probably meant his time here was a success and will only help recruiting other local TB's

Transferred to a program that gets alot of attention from college programs and was a step up in competition. I get the transfer culture, but not a given he's here for a short time. If he does, that probably meant his time here was a success and will only help recruiting other local TB's
I think that is how Mason and G5's have to look at the portal and even HS recruits. Treat it like I view coaching.

We get several guys who get yanked then eventually others will see this is a place you can get noticed. One walks out, another walks in. That is the attitude that needs developed here.

He's probably the most solid recruit we've had here in years and Mason gets him within 2 weeks of being here. I think that says something.
Had the previous staff put in any effort recruiting him, he probably would have committed much sooner. There are alot of kids that would have loved an offer from Middle that are as good as the players that were offered from FL and GA

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue

Auburn transfer, didn't get much burn. But I like his measurables, ran a 11.31 in the 100 meter dash so the speed is respectable.

Reactions: ewglenn
We need Tullahomas field goal kicker. That kid is great. Saw him kick a 55 yarder and would have been good for 60.
He handled all their kicking duties and I agree. He single handedly won some games for Tullahoma. Even as just a punter, he'll be able to flip the field for Middle

He handled all their kicking duties and I agree. He single handedly won some games for Tullahoma. Even as just a punter, he'll be able to flip the field for Middle
He committed today, I’m playing some catch up with all the commits. I’ll compile a thread with all the adds from today later.

Hmm. So he signs with Cincy. Leaves before he even gets there (I guess he and Brent had something in common there). Transfers to a JC where he rides the pine and then gets offer from us. Ok.

So, was he just over rated coming out of HS?
Freshmen QBs usually need a skill that sets them apart to comtribute early. He did put up decent numbers when played at his JC Given time, I think Richesson will prove to be worth the scholarship

Hmm. So he signs with Cincy. Leaves before he even gets there (I guess he and Brent had something in common there). Transfers to a JC where he rides the pine and then gets offer from us. Ok.

So, was he just over rated coming out of HS?
I did some digging and it seems like he was going to be a 4th string and Trent Dilfer really pushed for him to go there. I think this is a case of he let other influence his decisions and didn’t want to be buried on the depth chart. He is graduating from JUCO and seems like he has grown from the Cincinnati mess.

Last edited:
Freshmen QBs usually need a skill that sets them apart to comtribute early. He did put up decent numbers when played at his JC Given time, I think Richesson will prove to be worth the scholarship

He didn't really play much in jr college. Basically the equivalent of one game stretched out over the season. He was the third string QB in terms of number of snaps. Not saying he won't be something. Definitely not questioning the scholarship at all. Good numbers in HS. Just interested by his good HS rating and circuitous route.

One can only guess but perhaps he saw something he didn’t like early at Cincy so transferred late to a JC whose QB room was already set. On paper looks like a good get. Actually, on paper this looks like a great get - someone who has the ability to challenge for the starting job in '24.

Last edited:
He didn't really play much in jr college. Basically the equivalent of one game stretched out over the season. He was the third string QB in terms of number of snaps. Not saying he won't be something. Definitely not questioning the scholarship at all. Good numbers in HS. Just interested by his good HS rating and circuitous route.

One can only guess but perhaps he saw something he didn’t like early at Cincy so transferred late to a JC whose QB room was already set. On paper looks like a good get. Actually, on paper this looks like a great get - someone who has the ability to challenge for the starting job in '24.
Competition is good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT