ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL No basketball this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
All vaccinated. This Vaccine is a complete Sham!!!! And it has Graphene Dyoxide in it which is bad. I cannot believe people have not been in an uproar over this stupid bullshit!!! Why do we even need a Federal Government? They are useless. Tennessee would be much better on our own.

All vaccinated. This Vaccine is a complete Sham!!!! And it has Graphene Dyoxide in it which is bad. I cannot believe people have not been in an uproar over this stupid bullshit!!! Why do we even need a Federal Government? They are useless. Tennessee would be much better on our own.
Graphene Dioxide is not in any of the COVID vaccines.

Anyway, why are we still cancelling games based off of protocol from back in 2020? We really need to cancel every game because a few vaccinated players have contracted COVID when the rest are vaccinated? Geez.

I'm gonna keep political thoughts to myself but I will say this whole mess is just getting on my nerves. They say Covid fatigue is a thing...I fully believe it. And we've all had it in my house.

So over this and seriously wondering what's next.

Anyone seen that movie called "Songbird"? That's where we are headed. Hell, Australia is already there. That movie could actually be a effin documentary about Australia.

Songbird trailer...

Graphene Dioxide is not in any of the COVID vaccines.

Anyway, why are we still cancelling games based off of protocol from back in 2020? We really need to cancel every game because a few vaccinated players have contracted COVID when the rest are vaccinated? Geez.
I have seen a video where a scientist proved that there was Graphene Dyoxide in the vaccine and released the video. He was assasinated withing about 5 days of its release.

We’re sitting at 9-4 patting ourselves on the back with wins over these powerhouse programs and their current ranking in the D-1 358:
Brescia - NAIA
Bethune-Cookman - #279
Winthrop - #189
Rider - #332
Mercer - #179
Bryan College - NAIA
UTM (Twice) - #305
Coastal Carolina - #147

Our losses:
Stephen F. Austin - #118
Murray St. - #17
Ole Miss - #201
Chatt. - #39

Bring on Rice!!!!! 😂😂😂

Is this country really that stupid? It sure does look like it.

Unfortunately, yes. Like mindless sheep being led to the slaughter...and dragging us with em.

Hey, check this out! The panic pushers. Busted again. I cant believe so many people are still believing this stuff and doing things like cancelling bowl games and basketball games. Anyway, check this short video. Looks like its from England You will probably laugh, then cuss, then laugh again... https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/crisis-actors-pushing-the-vaccine/

We’re sitting at 9-4 patting ourselves on the back with wins over these powerhouse programs and their current ranking in the D-1 358:
Brescia - NAIA
Bethune-Cookman - #279
Winthrop - #189
Rider - #332
Mercer - #179
Bryan College - NAIA
UTM (Twice) - #305
Coastal Carolina - #147

Our losses:
Stephen F. Austin - #118
Murray St. - #17
Ole Miss - #201
Chatt. - #39

Bring on Rice!!!!! 😂😂😂

Where is anybody on this thread patting ourselves on the back?

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I was making general statement not specific to this thread but, if it upsets you that much I’ll be glad to move it to the Bryan College thread, Bethune-Cookman thread, or one of the UTM game threads. 😂😂

It doesn’t upset me. I just think it’s inaccurate. I haven’t seen any sentiment anywhere on this board that I would label as “patting ourselves on the back”. The rosiest among us would be labeled “cautiously optimistic” at best.

I’m glad these will be rescheduled. Would have been nice to have some basketball during this week but what are ya going to do.

somewhat related question … is Nick’s contract over after 23?

I’m glad these will be rescheduled. Would have been nice to have some basketball during this week but what are ya going to do.

somewhat related question … is Nick’s contract over after 23?
IIRC, it runs through 2024. He got the initial 5 year contract and it seems he got an extension at some point. Someone will correct me if I am misremembering.

We should get more clarity after the season is over. It seems highly unlikely McDevitt will be let go after this season considering the improvements we've made. Unless we completely bomb conference play, we should be approaching a 20 win season with hopefully a few wins in the CUSA tournament and possibly a CIT post-season tournament or something like that.

The big question is going forward, does he get an extension after this season, and if so, what are the terms?

If it were me, I'm adding years but reducing the buyout. McDevitt doesn't have a ton of negotiating power at this point (in my opinion) so I'm thinking we add 2-3 years at current salary, but dramatically push down the buyout so if things go south again, we can easily let him go without a financial hit. On the other side of it, if his teams continue to play well, he gets to stay and collect a very handsome paycheck. To me, that is a fair compromise for both sides when you consider the body of work over the last 4 seasons.

Reactions: Hop45 and ewglenn
We should get more clarity after the season is over. It seems highly unlikely McDevitt will be let go after this season considering the improvements we've made. Unless we completely bomb conference play, we should be approaching a 20 win season with hopefully a few wins in the CUSA tournament and possibly a CIT post-season tournament or something like that.

The big question is going forward, does he get an extension after this season, and if so, what are the terms?

If it were me, I'm adding years but reducing the buyout. McDevitt doesn't have a ton of negotiating power at this point (in my opinion) so I'm thinking we add 2-3 years at current salary, but dramatically push down the buyout so if things go south again, we can easily let him go without a financial hit. On the other side of it, if his teams continue to play well, he gets to stay and collect a very handsome paycheck. To me, that is a fair compromise for both sides when you consider the body of work over the last 4 seasons.
I’d put the buyout at one years salary. Extend the contract to five years and bump the base salary 100k. It incentivizes the contract so he wants to do well while removing the horrible obligation of paying off the entire amount owed if he doesn’t live up to the hype. Out of 350+ D1 schools he is in the 50s for highest paid coaches. 20 win seasons should be the minimum standard for success.

I’d put the buyout at one years salary. Extend the contract to five years and bump the base salary 100k. It incentivizes the contract so he wants to do well while removing the horrible obligation of paying off the entire amount owed if he doesn’t live up to the hype. Out of 350+ D1 schools he is in the 50s for highest paid coaches. 20 win seasons should be the minimum standard for success.

Do you really think there's a need to give him a 100k raise? I wouldn't change his base salary and instead just add incentives (20 win seasons, CUSA championship, NCAA tourney appearance/wins, etc.) Nobody is hiring McDevitt away so why even bother adding 100k? We could probably take 100k away and he would still have to accept it.

I feel like our base pay is already way higher than it should be anyway. It has to be one of the highest in CUSA if not the highest (especially in the new upcominug CUSA).

You have to be careful when you start bumping base pays because it then kind of becomes a starting point going forward in future negotiations and you can find yourself easily overpaying (like we are now) when you don't have to be. I am a much bigger fan of adding incentives for success and keeping base pay as low as possible.

Do you really think there's a need to give him a 100k raise? I wouldn't change his base salary and instead just add incentives (20 win seasons, CUSA championship, NCAA tourney appearance/wins, etc.) Nobody is hiring McDevitt away so why even bother adding 100k? We could probably take 100k away and he would still have to accept it.

I feel like our base pay is already way higher than it should be anyway. It has to be one of the highest in CUSA if not the highest (especially in the new upcominug CUSA).

You have to be careful when you start bumping base pays because it then kind of becomes a starting point going forward in future negotiations and you can find yourself easily overpaying (like we are now) when you don't have to be. I am a much bigger fan of adding incentives for success and keeping base pay as low as possible.
If you’re gonna bump base pay then it should have a direct influence on attendance based on his scheduling (i.e. deduct $25,000 for every HBC, NAIA and walking dead game on the schedule.) I have zero interest in watching him beat up on cupcakes. Just my personal opinion but the record should be adjusted for any more than 2 of these “warm-up” games. Counting wins over Brescia and Bryan College (which GBR.com does) is absolutely ridiculous. There are plenty of decent mid-major programs just a 30 min. to 3 hour bus ride from Murfreesboro that I’d pay to see.

Reactions: TrueBlue147
If we do it like most schools, assistant coaches are responsible is responsible for non-conference scheduling. CNM tells the assistant what they want, and the assistant does the dirty work. Usually the assistant works with someone in the AD office that is familiar with budget needs / contractual constraints. Once they have a framework, the HC and AD sign off on it.

So our schedule is probably more on CNM because he tells whomever he assigned to schedule what he wants. However, Massaro has to sign off on it and can make adjustments.

If we do it like most schools, assistant coaches are responsible is responsible for non-conference scheduling. CNM tells the assistant what they want, and the assistant does the dirty work. Usually the assistant works with someone in the AD office that is familiar with budget needs / contractual constraints. Once they have a framework, the HC and AD sign off on it.

So our schedule is probably more on CNM because he tells whomever he assigned to schedule what he wants. However, Massaro has to sign off on it and can make adjustments.
LOL! If I’m an assistant wanting to hold on to my job do I solicit OOC games from NAIA, Div. 2 or, do I chase contracts with Belmont, UTC, Murray St., ETSU, APSU and others similar??
I just went back and refreshed my memory on the OOC games scheduled for the previous 3 years. It’s embarrassing.

LOL! If I’m an assistant wanting to hold on to my job do I solicit OOC games from NAIA, Div. 2 or, do I chase contracts with Belmont, UTC, Murray St., ETSU, APSU and others similar??
I just went back and refreshed my memory on the OOC games scheduled for the previous 3 years. It’s embarrassing.
Massaro signs off on it.

The embarrassment lies at his feet. He is a terrible athletic director. MT will be a better place when he leaves.

Embarrassing. And depressing. The last time I attended basketball and football games regularly, I was able to sleep the entire night without having to get up to pee. Been a long time. I used to attend a bunch of games. Not anymore. I am hoping the current leadership isnt there much longer. They ruined a good thing.

Reactions: Hop45
Massaro signs off on it.

The embarrassment lies at his feet. He is a terrible athletic director. MT will be a better place when he leaves.
If you remove CNM’s 8 wins over NAIA, D-2 and D-3 schools he’s currently a whopping 25-64 in Season 4 at MTSU.

And…….after being awarded a 1-year contract extension to 6/30/24 for going (11-21, 8-10) in 2018-2019. He followed that up with (8-23, 4-14) and (5-16, 3-12).
LINK:
2019 Contract Amendment

CUSA play this season should be an arena packer.😂

If you remove CNM’s 8 wins over NAIA, D-2 and D-3 schools he’s currently a whopping 25-64 in Season 4 at MTSU.

And…….after being awarded a 1-year contract extension to 6/30/24 for going (11-21, 8-10) in 2018-2019. He followed that up with (8-23, 4-14) and (5-16, 3-12).
LINK:
2019 Contract Amendment

CUSA play this season should be an arena packer.😂
It’s pretty obvious what the expectations are from the AD.

As long as a coach consistently hits .500 (no matter the schedule), has no NCAA issues and keeps a strong APR, he can stay here forever. New coaches get time to “figure it out”.

Even Massaro would struggle to excuse 4 losing seasons in a row. However, we probably are not financially in a good spot to buyout CNM’s contract. So he pushes/allows for another weak schedule that gives CNM the best chance possible to get to .500.

The expectation is not to win. It wasn’t for Kermit either. Kermit just unexpectedly put things together 9 years into his tenure. Kermit would still be here if he was going 17-14 every season, even with zero NCAA/ NIT appearances.

The vision is .500, anything else is icing on the cake.

How did CNM get an extension?!? How?!?
Like many, I have resigned myself to just stay away until somebody, anybody on the BOT has an epiphany that things are not right with Blue Raider Athletics (and haven’t been for years) while folks are just coasting to retirement until they are called out for it.

Like many, I have resigned myself to just stay away until somebody, anybody on the BOT has an epiphany that things are not right with Blue Raider Athletics (and haven’t been for years) while folks are just coasting to retirement until they are called out for it.

Never going to happen. MT athletics is simply not viewed with the same lens as a UT-K or a Memphis.

MT is no different than TTU, Tn St., etc. to the average, layman person. And that's all our board is. Average, layman people with a little bit of $$$.

• Sad
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Save this info and share it. For the past five days I have been experiencing symptoms that checked all the boxes for the china virus. Yesterday my order arrived and I started the regiment. This morning, all my symptoms are totally gone with the exception of a slightly stuffy nose. All this sh*t can be obtained OTC.

QUERCETIN 500MG
ZINC 25MCG
VITAMIN C 1000 MG
VITAMIN D3 5000iu 125 mcg

Quercetin is supposed to be an alternative to HCQ. The regiment I took is similar to what Joe Rogan took for his quick recovery.

This morning I feel SO much better and am happy it worked so well. At the same time I am pissed at the MFin vaxer/masker nazis who are censoring news like this. I hate those MFers. How many people have they killed because of their censorship? How many basketball and football games have been unnecassarily cancelled? How many Americans have been fired because they didnt take BigPharmas money making vax?

Yeah, I feel much better, but man am I pissed off.

I am going to respond to this even though it should be on the around a cooler. Being someone with 15 years experience in infectious disease and working with this “nazis”.

First glad you are feeling better.

Second, the reason these quercetin is not a prescribed medication is because of the companies that make them. It’s marketed as a supplement that has no federal oversight. There is zero quality control and as a supplement, sellers can essentially lie about what they sell you.

another issue, if a company wants a medication to be sold to treat any disease, they have to apply for use. You realize zero companies have petitioned the FDA to use ivermectin as a treatment for COVId. Zero, not 1 petition. Why is that? Why would a maker of a wonder drug not apply for their drug to receive approval? That’s how the system works. All a company has to do is apply for use, show data that it does work and that it is safe. Heck, the FDA even reviewed published ancillary data because of misinformation last year and found the data in the literature doesn’t support the claims. If it is a cure, where’s one company that makes it applying for use.

So the FDA cannot approve supplement use because they don’t regulate it. And they can’t approve drugs from a company to use as treatment of a company doesn’t apply for use.

No one at the FDA or CDC is censoring this. All we need is one company to step forward with data. You need to be asking yourself why are companies that make ivermectin not pushing it as a cure? I mean for god sakes Merck makes ivermectin, you think they wouldn’t want it used if they could? Why would the company that makes it say not to use it for COVID?

That doesn’t make sense at all. Merck is an evil drug company, they would push it if they could support it.

Save this info and share it. For the past five days I have been experiencing symptoms that checked all the boxes for the china virus. Yesterday my order arrived and I started the regiment. This morning, all my symptoms are totally gone with the exception of a slightly stuffy nose. All this sh*t can be obtained OTC.

QUERCETIN 500MG
ZINC 25MCG
VITAMIN C 1000 MG
VITAMIN D3 5000iu 125 mcg

Quercetin is supposed to be an alternative to HCQ. The regiment I took is similar to what Joe Rogan took for his quick recovery.

This morning I feel SO much better and am happy it worked so well. At the same time I am pissed at the MFin vaxer/masker nazis who are censoring news like this. I hate those MFers. How many people have they killed because of their censorship? How many basketball and football games have been unnecassarily cancelled? How many Americans have been fired because they didnt take BigPharmas money making vax?

Yeah, I feel much better, but man am I pissed off.
Man… the quality of this message board just continues to go downhill. I dont come here to read or engage about politics and/or conspiracy theories

Thank you Brew_Raider and arg3b. Wish I could like your posts 1,000 times.

There are places to post or discuss whatever you want to call that, but I would prefer to focus on Blue Raider basketball in this thread.

sorry about that. I thought this thread was about MT basketball games being cancelled because of Covid. I'm almost certain I mentioned basketball games and football games being cancelled because of Covid when I made my post. Looks like my post has been removed, though. So much for my censorship conspiracy theory. Looks like I was way off by mentioning that. Sorry again.

Never going to happen. MT athletics is simply not viewed with the same lens as a UT-K or a Memphis.

MT is no different than TTU, Tn St., etc. to the average, layman person. And that's all our board is. Average, layman people with a little bit of $$$.
I guess with big money you get bigger problems. Maybe there’s something to be said for being less endowed and mediocre? 😂

LINK:
“UTK legal fees top $1MM to expose Pruitt’s recruiting misdeeds”

LINK:
“Memphis still waiting on NCAA’s Wiseman ruling”

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT