ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL NIT: Middle Tennessee @ Louisville, 5:30pm, Sunday, March 18, 2018

pathetic showing. why did this have to be televised

this just isnt and hasn't been a very good team. we won a few "tough games" but lost the vast majority

This UMBC game is hella entertaining at least. MT game was over in the 2nd quartrer

Chill out man, they are doing about as expected considering the situation. Most staff changes don't end with a triumphant ride off into the sunset

As expected? It was a 5 point line in Vegas. 5 point lines mean the game should be competitive.

They're not actually.

Which brings me to my point.

We looked pathetic.
You sports gambling guys are all the same. It's all stats and the "line"
These guys are kids and you can't tell me all the bullshit going on this week didn't affect them. They had another outstanding year despite falling apart at the end of the year. I'm proud of these guys and I'm looking forward to next year however it may come

You are only as good as your last game.

I am a big believer that it matters how you finish, not how you start.

Classic example: UMBC didn't have a very good year. Got blasted by Albany by 50 points. Then a few months later beat #1 overall seed Virginia after getting a lucky Hail Mary to beat Vermont on last second shot to get into NCAA tournament.

Having a great start and having a great year is unfortunately all for nothing if you don't finish........

We've been fortunate to have great endings last 2 years with CUSA tournament championships and NCAA tourney wins.

Not this year. Terrible, terrible way to finish. Get man-handled on senior night. Couldn't even win 1 game in CUSA tournament. And then got shellacked @ Louisville. The win over Vermont was nice, but if this was truly a tournament team and thought they belonged, you at least gotta put up a fight @ Louisville.

Fine season, Blue Raiders. Thank you Coach Davis and to all the assistant coaches and staff to make this season possible. Appreciate the years that Coach Davis has invested his livelihood to make us what we are regardless of the final scoreboard read tonight. I’m proud for us and am hoping that we build our program onto the next step of success!

Outside of about a 4-5 min stretch when Louisville hit about 6 3-pointers, MT played good enough to compete for the game. Not making excuses or promoting moral victories. Just saying MT played pretty good overall. MT just ran into a buzzsaw tonight. The team can hold their heads high on this last day of the season. They have represented MT well.

Reactions: Hop45
I had family commitment and could only check in on the score.

I had a great time this season as a fan and ready to move on to a new coach, style, and future.

I wish we had finished stronger but I have no control over that. The team got hit in the teeth: 1. they lost two at the end that they shouldn't have. 2. their coach left them for another school. 3. totally screwed by the selection committee.

Give these young men a break! They had a great season!

Yes, they did have a great season. I can only wish that the regular season and regular season conference championship counted for something regarding the NCAA. It's a raw deal for the guys on our team and in other non-power conferences.

It was obvious Kermit checked out. This team was not prepared. When coaches decide to leave just get the hell out of here.

It was obvious Kermit checked out. This team was not prepared. When coaches decide to leave just get the hell out of here.

I don't know. Kermit looked pretty engaged, and appeared to do all he could to help the team win.

They just didn't have energy and couldn't make shots. Very poor ball movement on offense and our defense was just terrible. We kept going under screens and giving them easy 3 pointers over and over and over again. If anybody looked "checked out" tonight, it was the team, not Kermit.

Reactions: Hop45
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT