ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Scouts

bluefutcpa

True Blue
Nov 12, 2010
There have been a lot on twitter chatter about NFL scouts at our practices. One of the things I fear is that Shane Tucker has an incredible year and gets on the radar of NFL teams. I would love to see him in the league, but I want to see him one more year in the system as the feature back. I just wanted everyone's thought on if he looks like a future NFL player?

I think even if he has a "awesome" year there is about a 5% chance or less he leaves early and gets drafted. I think he may have a chance next year but from what I've heard he's a little on the slow side for a runningback.

I think a lot of the scouts are here for Byard and Darius Johnson

Unless he has son kind of hardship I would say there is a 0% chance he leaves early.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Scouts visit practices regularly just to look at guys who may be graduating in a few years.

Middle football players do not have a good history of leaving early. Can't remember it working out well for anyone. Remember an offensive tackle leaving and going undrafted, and then I believe Rashard Lee left with a year or two of eligibility left. He went undrafted as well although he did stick on a roster for a couple years.
The safety that had played here one year (after transferring from LSU or Florida State), didn't even get a cup of coffee.
Love watching Tucker run and catch the ball. Sure hope that's not in his mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT