ADVERTISEMENT

New video board at Floyd...

Saw video this afternoon of wind blowing our 18 wheeler truck down the third baseline outside of the baseball stadium. Hope it didn’t damage the board or construction.

Saw video this afternoon of wind blowing our 18 wheeler truck down the third baseline outside of the baseball stadium. Hope it didn’t damage the board or construction.
Word is everything is okay with the board and SAPC. Minor damage to the equipment trailer.

Minor? That thing got tossed around like a rag doll! I assumed it was destroyed.

EDIT: Just watched the video again. Wasn't as bad as I initially thought. Rolled it over and then it just slid along the grass. A little duct tape and some Elmer's and it'll be ready to roll again!

Minor? That thing got tossed around like a rag doll! I assumed it was destroyed.

EDIT: Just watched the video again. Wasn't as bad as I initially thought. Rolled it over and then it just slid along the grass. A little duct tape and some Elmer's and it'll be ready to roll again!
I was surprised by that statement too but that’s what was said

I still contend that the end zone would be a good spot for a legit beer garden. Put the visitors' locker room underneath it, leave visitors tunnel where it is so nothing gets thrown on the visiting team. Add some rows of blue chairback seats in front of it be nice.

I still contend that the end zone would be a good spot for a legit beer garden. Put the visitors' locker room underneath it, leave visitors tunnel where it is so nothing gets thrown on the visiting team. Add some rows of blue chairback seats in front of it be nice.
I was listening to Sam Doughton's podcast episode with Chelsea Floyd and she was talking about having more food trucks. When I was looking at colleges two years ago I went to a couple Samford games and they have that whole section behind the end zone cleared out as a hangout place with food trucks, games, etc. I think that would be a really cool thing to do in my humble opinion but I don't know how realistic it would be to take out part of the stadium right now especially with building up top notch facilities. If I can find a good pic of Samford area, I'll send it. Linked below is that podcast episode between Sam and Chelsea...

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
I was listening to Sam Doughton's podcast episode with Chelsea Floyd and she was talking about having more food trucks. When I was looking at colleges two years ago I went to a couple Samford games and they have that whole section behind the end zone cleared out as a hangout place with food trucks, games, etc. I think that would be a really cool thing to do in my humble opinion but I don't know how realistic it would be to take out part of the stadium right now especially with building up top notch facilities. If I can find a good pic of Samford area, I'll send it. Linked below is that podcast episode between Sam and Chelsea...

It's not filled up but you can clearly see the space in this picture. I know UTC kinda has a similar thing with food trucks and a hill for kids
Seibert%20Stadium.jpg

Reactions: scjohnny

Something like that I think would be better than the fun area we have. Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, but my understanding is you need certain tickets to go to it?

When we usually go to games it is my wife and our 9yr old, with my sister, husband, and their 8 and 10yr olds. The kids are fine for a bit, then get restless. The mamas could care less about the game and if there was a place to go they would be totally content taking the kids to an area and letting us guys enjoy the game.

For food trucks, last time I was there they were sort of spread out under both grandstands. I get wanting to get both sides of the stadium, so a central location all together would be nice.

Side note....Sam's pods have been great. I love the BRP but the specialty of Sam's covering inside athletics stuff is super fascinating. Great great stuff.

The big thing with food trucks: you gotta be fast. During the spring game they got kinda backed up at halftime (no surprise) which lead to midway through the 3rd quarter.

Actual concessions were walk up and go.

Agreed. Sam’s podcast are awesome and informative.

Food trucks are notoriously slow. We do need an upgrade in the concessions department. I think it's a chicken and egg thing. We need large crowds to make it worth it for vendors to come sell food. The game experience is hurt because we don't have good food vendors. Winning will solve this problem.

You only need a food truck that's doing Pizza, Wing's, Sausage, Gourmet Lemonades & Popcorn and Beer alcohol truck. Go to an app game the trucks in the end zone and stay busy. Others have under the home side of the stadium against the fence. That way they can be quick about service. If App didn't serve 20k cans of beer that day, someone is stealing.

There is the kid zone with bounce houses, cotton candy, and other things like face painting. Personally I would not want them to take out the seating to just leave it open.

Food trucks under the grand stands was a nice addition last season and seemed to be busy with fans. We just need more people in seats. We always start with a nice crowd for a game or two then it dies off. I think a lot of that has to do with our schedules being front heavy.

I wish they would use some students to do a student ran stand for concessions. We need another Blue Raider brat truck and maybe another cart that has better options than just a hot dog. Give us something a little different to buy besides the same worn out popcorn, candy and hot dogs.

Imagin a beer garden that could stay open during week and off weekends with an entrance that does not run through stadium. Give the kids something to do when nothing is going on and walk to and from. I toured the University of Miami with my eldest and they have an on-campus sports bar that apparently is busy.

Could be used in the hospitality department like a potential hotel.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT