ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL NCAA Tournament: #25/RV Middle Tennessee (12) vs #24/21 Butler(4) (TBS), 6:10PM, Saturday, 3/18/2017

Butler shooting 100% from 3.....3 for 3.....

We cannot allow that little shit Woodson to attempt any more 3's. Literally concuss him before you let him shoot another one or we ain't winning this.

Reactions: T2Tool
this is going to get really ugly if things dont change

At the end of the day, basketball is a pretty simple game. One team makes their shots, the other doesn't. Right now, Butler is hitting everything and we are missing everything. And it's not like they're playing great defense either. We are 20% from 3 while they are 80%. Total domination early on.

If there isn't a monumental change we are going to get run off the court and embarassed again in the round of 32

What a great time for us to have one of our worst shooting games of the year. We ain't playing no FIU either. Not gonna just be able to wipe away a double digit deficit in a few minutes. Ugh. So frustrating. One brick after another

We just look completely outclassed out there. I can't watch this anymore. We look terrible out there

Butler is a damn good team and they haven't missed much. They have our 1-3-1 to 2-3 zone figured out too. It is what it is. Jacorey is trying to get us back into it. We'll see.

we play better when i dont watch anyway. the second i turn it off we went on a run

Reactions: C-Bow
The difference really is the 3's. One team made their shots and the other didn't. Butler is 6 of 9 from 3 for 67% while MT is 3 for 11 @ 30%. In our previous tournament wins against Michigan State and Minnesota we shot over 50% from 3. That's what it takes to win games in the tournament and that's why people always say it comes down to guard play in March.

You are not going to beat a team like Butler when they're doubling you up from the arc, period.

We are very fortunate to only be down 5 points.

Live by the 3...
No way they stay this hot. They cannot handle us inside. Giddy needs to chip in during the 2nd, but we need to go to Williams and Walters inside. Reggie on the drive and for the kick.
Surprised we struggled on the boards. We are doing such poor job on the offensive glass. Kermit will put it together. We can beat these guys.

We can beat these guys.

I think that's what frustrates me the most. We would have a double digit lead if we were playing like we are capable of. Honestly, I'm not impressed with Butler at all beyond their 3 point shooting but even that's not too impressive because teams who live and die by the 3 usually don't go far in this tournament. Last year, we lived by the 3 and beat Michigan State and you saw what happened against Syracuse.

This year, we've got a team that can dominate down low and play the inside outside game. We're having success in the paint but our outside game is going to have to be better than 3 for 11 (30%).

Why can't Butler shoot 43% from 3 like they did against Winthrop? ****ers gotta go 67% in the first half....

btw we are favored by half a point for the second half

First 5 min is going to dictate the game. If these guys want to keep going, we need a lot of their skill and a little bit o luck.

such a shame. this was a W if we delivered even an average performance

3 points over the first 6 minutes of the second half.....

not gonna cut it

butler just begging to be beaten....

load up on north carolina in sweet 16

never thought i would say this, but its time to bench potts and let some1 else play

Are we trying to reach the single digits on our 3 pointers? Down to 18.8%

Butler is doing everything they can to give us this game....our guys just dont want it

Not even looking for transition opportunities. Really surprised Potts has not had a set run for him at all. Craziness that we are not driving the ball. Ever since Williams getting the charge we look scared to death to drive.

kermit finally gave up on giddy.....and here we come

Not even looking for transition opportunities. Really surprised Potts has not had a set run for him at all. Craziness that we are not driving the ball. Ever since Williams getting the charge we look scared to death to drive.

This game has had so many anomalies I don't even know where to begin. But yes, we have not even made an attempt to try and get Giddy going. Looks like Kermit finally gave up on him. Tae Tae already with 19 points so honestly we just need to ride him as far as he can take us.

Butler is doing everything they can to give us this game. Can't believe it's a 5 point game with as bad as we've played.

and just like that back to an 8 point game.......ugh

huge defensive mistake there by giddy.

my god could he have a worse game

giddy literally should consider putting on a butler jersey for this game. he's doing more for them than us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT