ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA: (8) #20 Middle Tennessee (29-4) vs (9) Oregon St. (23-10) Sunday 7PM

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
GAME INFORMATION
Matchup: No. 8 Middle Tennessee vs. No. 9 Oregon State - NCAA Tournament First Round
Date: Sunday, March 23, 2014
Time: 7 p.m. CT / 5 p.m. PT
Arena: Alaska Airlines Arena (10,000)

SERIES INFORMATION
Overall: First Meeting
Under Rick Insell: First Meeting
NCAA Record: 5-16

MEDIA INFORMATION
Radio: WMOT (89.5 FM) / WGNS (1450 AM/100.5 FM)
Play-by-Play: Dick Palmer
Television: ESPN2/ESPN3.com
Play-by-Play: Dave Flemming
Color: Sean Farnham

Live Video (except Nashville area)

Live Audio

Live Stats

Game Notes

Raiders open NCAA Tournament against Oregon State

The Oregonian:

Oregon State's Scott Rueck ready for NCAA Tournament
[/URL]

The Register-Guard

Methodical Beavers revel in tourney return

Dailybarometer

Beavers facing similar opponent in Middle Tennessee

The Seattle Times

Oregon St. women's basketball revival is a story worth cheering

The Statesman Journal:

Oregon State women set to open tournament in Seattle

This post was edited on 3/23 6:09 AM by SpaceRaider

This post was edited on 3/23 6:09 AM by SpaceRaider

This post was edited on 3/23 6:29 AM by SpaceRaider

Bad start. 2nd media timeout, MT is behind 10-4. The only good thing is that OSU already has 7 fouls.

Yeah I saw that. I appreciate your help. It is only showing the Iowa/Marist game. Im dying!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by subkyle:
Yeah I saw that. I appreciate your help. It is only showing the Iowa/Marist game. Im dying!!!!!!!!!
sorry...

you got the audio I hope

we're not doing much at this point

Yeah got the audio. Very nerve racking over the radio. Sounds like we had some jitters to begin.

I've seen better junior high games. Both teams looking absolutely pitiful. Looks like another 1 and done tourney appearance.

Yeah, he has been there a LONG time at Middle, but man it is just so hard. He would be a great full time post game host (like in football), and a coach's show guy. He is one loyal dude, just wish I didn't have to listen to him in an important game.

stick a fork in the women

embarassing 'performance' on national stage. First round of NCAA is to CRI what any round of a conference tourney is to CKD.

As long as we continue to put out performances like this, I think we can expect to keep getting the seeds we get. Definitely not good for our perception moving forward.

You know what? Next year why don't we just decline the invite to the NCAA? That way we don't have to put up with this crap every year. Way to show NO HEART once again.

Originally posted by ProudestRaider:
As long as we continue to put out performances like this, I think we can expect to keep getting the seeds we get. Definitely not good for our perception moving forward.
we're playing like a 16th seed playing uconn or notre dame.

I already know what Insell is going to say. Thats why I could care less. No excuses, just played out of character. Proud of the girls. etc, etc. At some point you have to figure out how to win on the national stage. Until then you aren't a top 50 program. YOU HAVENT WON AN NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME IN OVER 7 YEARS.

Hopefully everyone enjoyed the trip and saw all the sights they could. I almost want them to stay longer an soak it all in. Maybe stay and watch the next game. Heck, they already watched 1 game played (mt v osu), they may as well watch a second game. Maybe they can appreciate hard work from the regular season carrying over to the post season.
I have been big on Kermit's consistent 3-4 year improvement of the mens team. I think we can call the Insell tenure um...stagnant.

Not real surprised. I have thought this was an over achieving group all season. No dependable perimeter shooters. Heck, Keke got almost a fourth of her 3's in one game! A great post player in Rowe but other than that, just a nice group of role players but not what you need to make an NCAA run. Hopefully next year we will have more star quality players because we had only one this year and that just is not enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT