ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING National Signing Day Thread

Kory Lamberts just looks the part of a LB. Looks like one mean SOB!!

Reactions: C-Bow
What about Will Mitchell? Did he sign elsewhere or walking on?

Isn't Tyshawn Brown listed at safety?

Dale Craig and Bing Dukes are fast and great tacklers as well. I know some will disagree but I think we upgraded at LB. Bing Dukes was a huge SEC recruit a year ago and these other 2 guys are fast and can run down players very well. Craig is as fast as Gasque and has played at end as well so when we blitz with an lb, he's gonna be the torpedo just like Gasque was. All 3 guys will play immediately with Luckett and Barber gone. Bing Dukes will be the ILB, Lamberts and Craig at OLB. I like all 3 gets.

We have 2 cali Juco WR's coming in and will fit well with the TF system. They have height and are good pickups. Ty Lee will be a great addition. He should play at KR along with the walk-on kid.

I really like this class along with what we have coming back and the coaching changes. 2 of our toughest opponents are at home. Sheesh. I'm liking this setup. I'll be at the spring game.

No surprises and we swapped Patterson for Lee so that's kind of a wash. Seems like a successful class. Are we holding a ship open for a late add this summer (aka Cutrer) or did we sign the max (i'm sure there will be some attrition)?

247 has us at #4 in CUSA behind UAB, Marshall, and USM.

Rivals has this class at #3 behind UAB and Marshall.

UAB signed like 43, so they shouldn't really count, so we're really looking at a top 2-3 class in conference.

I hope Trey Peters from Harriman turns out but I know for a fact Harriman plays in a extremely weak league. Most of the d-linemen he faced weighed probably 160 lbs.

Now you can't coach size and he has it but it may take 2-3 years before he sees the field.

I hope Trey Peters from Harriman turns out but I know for a fact Harriman plays in a extremely weak league. Most of the d-linemen he faced weighed probably 160 lbs.

Now you can't coach size and he has it but it may take 2-3 years before he sees the field.

I like ALL of our lineman to RS...well, at least all our F.

Reactions: MTLynn
Whitley had a heck of a year…over 1200 yards receiving. But yeah I'm assuming he's a walk-on.

I follow Rutherford County football pretty closely and I have never heard of this Whitley kid, and those stats arent correct. Lavergne's two qb's only combined for 1300 yards and their leading receiver had 508 yards

Last edited:
I follow Rutherford County football pretty closey and I have never heard of this Whitley kid, and those stats arent correct. Lavergne's two qb's only combined for 1300 yards and their leading receiver had 508 yards

If that's the case the Max preps numbers are way off.

Tom Kreager, the DNJ prep sports reporter, even tweeted that he had never heard of the kid. I dont know you all remember the kid a couple of years back who lied about signing( can't remember with what team) we may have a similar situation on our hands lol

Reactions: C-Bow

Hey, hey, hey....you are hitting close to home!!! I will have you know most of the lineman back home weight about 190-200 lbs these days.

In all seriousness, you are right, Roane County is not a hot bed for D-1 prospects, but, Kevin Mays, Jermaine Copeland, former Mr. Football in Tennessee Ryan Blount, and MT's own former starting center Kyle Ringley all played there. Hopefully Trey will be successful as well turn out like them.

Reactions: Jlporter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT