ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING MTSU lands two commitments

Counterpoint : Smaller LBs are a bit popular today. ND had a starting LB that weighed 220 (drafted by Browns) and Murfreesboro native and former LSU defender (apparently) played some LB at LSU (so I've read) at / around 215. I've read Colts LB Darius Leonard played his rookie season at 215.

My concern - on defense - isn't inherently their size, but how they use their size. The front 7 doesn't seem to be as "active" as they were when Manny Diaz with DC.

Reactions: crposton
I think the only place where our lack of size really hurts us on defense is the DT position. It would be nice to have a couple of 320 lb. DTs to fill up some space.

So with our Dline being small and are LB's always having to make plays and always come up with injuries. That's why i said what i said about his size. Hell me may be all world, and i hope so. So we couldn't get a portal kid that has been on a college campus. we all know our luck with JUCO guys. So we beat out Akron and USA and 6 other FCS schools. Can someone post his offers out of High School.

isn't Deonte Stanley the kid that we wanted really bad who chose UCF over us?

he went JUCO and now ended up here?

Reactions: C-Bow and crposton
Is this for class of 2021 or 2022?

Curious if they're coming in to play now or sign with next years class.

These are okay takes. Deonte Stanley is the real gem here. I wanted him to come here to MT really badly out of high school but he chose UCF over MT. Felt like we were so close to landing him.

Not sure if he had grade issues and never made it to UCF or what happened, but looks like he's coming here after all. Deonte has great speed down hill speed and size/length. Could use a little more muscle but what college athlete couldn't? Rarely going to get a finished product at a school like MT. Stanley is for sure potential starter material if he gets here and works hard.

Not too sure about the other kid, Jurriente Davis. His film looks okay. Traditionally speaking he is undersized but really these days he is the prototypical OLB. Film is okay, will depend how much he works and catches on when he gets here. Decent take. Never know with these JUCO kids. JUCO kids have always been traditionally underrecruited and overlooked IMO. And now with the transfer portal and everything going on I think JUCO kids are more under the radar than ever. A good coaching staff and recruiting coordinator could take advantage of this....

Is this for class of 2021 or 2022?

Curious if they're coming in to play now or sign with next years class.

These are okay takes. Deonte Stanley is the real gem here. I wanted him to come here to MT really badly out of high school but he chose UCF over MT. Felt like we were so close to landing him.

Not sure if he had grade issues and never made it to UCF or what happened, but looks like he's coming here after all. Deonte has great speed down hill speed and size/length. Could use a little more muscle but what college athlete couldn't? Rarely going to get a finished product at a school like MT. Stanley is for sure potential starter material if he gets here and works hard.

Not too sure about the other kid, Jurriente Davis. His film looks okay. Traditionally speaking he is undersized but really these days he is the prototypical OLB. Film is okay, will depend how much he works and catches on when he gets here. Decent take. Never know with these JUCO kids. JUCO kids have always been traditionally underrecruited and overlooked IMO. And now with the transfer portal and everything going on I think JUCO kids are more under the radar than ever. A good coaching staff and recruiting coordinator could take advantage of this....
Both are listed in 2021....

So with our Dline being small and are LB's always having to make plays and always come up with injuries. That's why i said what i said about his size. Hell me may be all world, and i hope so. So we couldn't get a portal kid that has been on a college campus. we all know our luck with JUCO guys. So we beat out Akron and USA and 6 other FCS schools. Can someone post his offers out of High School.
I'd love for MT to have a "bigger" DL, but OL / DL may be the hardest position to recruit. The who are 6'5 290/300 pounds and can move are hard to find.

IMO, a smaller DL could still impactful if they played more DL games (twists, stunts, slants) rather than going straight up against OL (that's usually 60 pounds heavier)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT