ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING MTSU is recruiting three-star DB and younger brother of former MT star...

Might be difficult to grab him. I’ve always wondered how byard felt about not getting the combine invite despite clearly being worthy of it. If he played Power 5 ball he would have been invited and probably selected a little higher. I wonder if he blames MT/playing for a G5 for his combine snub

I hope we get him, but I think it will be difficult. Especially if he has real commutable power 5 offers on the table.

I mean his brother is a NFL superstar that made it happen from MT. I doubt Kevin looks negatively at MT (his Twitter suggest his is a major supporter). I only think that helps us. I’m a little worried about WVU because Tawfiq seems to be frequenting them a bit and retweeting some of their commits tweets.

I mean his brother is a NFL superstar that made it happen from MT. I doubt Kevin looks negatively at MT (his Twitter suggest his is a major supporter). I only think that helps us. I’m a little worried about WVU because Tawfiq seems to be frequenting them a bit and retweeting some of their commits tweets.
WVU does seem to be a major player in his recruitment....

Yup. Going by the WVU boards he is a top target. Has visited multiple times, watched practice, etc. Been offered by Cincy, VT, and Wake as well.

Yup. Going by the WVU boards he is a top target. Has visited multiple times, watched practice, etc. Been offered by Cincy, VT, and Wake as well.
It is worth noting that WVU’s coach is on the hot seat. Something to keep an eye on…

It is worth noting that WVU’s coach is on the hot seat. Something to keep an eye on…

He's on the fan hot seat, not the school though. He has a Stock contract.

2019 5-7
2020 6-4 (extension given)
2021 6-7

For Lyons to fire him after this coming 2022 season, WVU would owe him $20m. Then drops $3-4m each year. Contract ends after 2026 season.

2022 $20m (before Jan 2023)
2023 $17m (before Jan 2024)....
2024 $13m
2025 $7m
2026 $3m

In other words he isn't going anywhere for at least a couple of years. It wouldn't surprise me if he has a good year with Harrell this year (and Harrell stays) that he gets another extension. WVU has major major boosters, but I don't see $20m coming up.

2019 5-7
2021 6-7

For Lyons to fire him after this coming 2022 season, WVU would owe him $20m. Then drops $3-4m each year. Contract ends after 2026 season.

2024 $13m
2025 $7m
2026 $3m

In other words he isn't going anywhere for at least a couple of years. It wouldn't surprise me if he has a good year with Harrell this year (and Harrell stays) that he gets another extension. WVU has major major boosters, but I don't see $20m coming up.

Always enjoy watching WVU ball. They really thrive as underdogs and shit the bed as favorites. Made quite a bit of coin on them last season, especially the Texas Tech game. Lost a big bet on them @ Baylor but won nearly every other game I bet on/against them I believe. They are a reliable team to bet on/against as they almost always play up to or down to their competition.

Curious to see how the RB transfer we got from WVU pans out, A'varius Sparrow I believe is his name. I like his high school film a lot, but is he a bonafied starting D1 RB? We'll find out soon enough, assuming we can piece together an OL this year.

Last edited:

2019 5-7
2021 6-7

2024 $13m
2025 $7m
2026 $3m

Picking up JT Daniels by way of USC, then UGA, could prove to be a good get. Assuming he can stay healthy, which has been an issue at both previous stops. Can’t tell whether he has one, or two, years of eligibility left.

They are a reliable team to bet on/against as they almost always play up to or down to their competition.

That is 100% accurate and beyond frustrating. One week for example we play the #3 team in the nation to within a field goal and the next barely beat a 2-8 Kansas. Beyond frustrating.

Let's hope this transfer is better than the last one from Morgantown. Pettaway didn't do squat here.

Picking up JT Daniels by way of USC, then UGA, could prove to be a good get. Assuming he can stay healthy, which has been an issue at both previous stops. Can’t tell whether he has one, or two, years of eligibility left.

According to the pundits it's the difference between 4 wins and 10 wins. Thing is there is a great 4 star behind him in Marchiol. Hopefully he will stay and learn under Daniels since he is familiar with Harrell's offense. Last I read he has two years left.

Back to Byard...while I get the whole P5 thing, his brother is proof in the pudding you can achieve things at MT. But like mentioned above, if WVU continues to play up to their competition or better, he will have more eyes on him obviously. I do wonder how much Kevin is in his ear. Letting him make his own choice of course but still. Would be a good get for us.

According to the pundits it's the difference between 4 wins and 10 wins. Thing is there is a great 4 star behind him in Marchiol. Hopefully he will stay and learn under Daniels since he is familiar with Harrell's offense. Last I read he has two years left.

Back to Byard...while I get the whole P5 thing, his brother is proof in the pudding you can achieve things at MT. But like mentioned above, if WVU continues to play up to their competition or better, he will have more eyes on him obviously. I do wonder how much Kevin is in his ear. Letting him make his own choice of course but still. Would be a good get for us.
In today’s college football, I would almost expect someone like Byard going to WVU for a couple of years and then finishing at MT.

Recruiting seems to be turning into where do you start before transferring more so than where are going to spend the next 3 or 4 years.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT