ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING MTSU gets monster pickup with the addition of Christian Fussell

All eyes on Donte Houston now. MTSU is still slugging it out for the 128th player in America.

Offers from Miss State, Ga Tech, and tons of other FBS.

Hold the line son.

Great pickup. Looking forward to having a big body down low.

All eyes on Donte Houston now. MTSU is still slugging it out for the 128th player in America.

4*? Have we ever gotten one in BB before? Another impressive offer list. Heres hoping we impress at the Marshall game.

4*? Have we ever gotten one in BB before? Another impressive offer list. Heres hoping we impress at the Marshall game.
Someone can jump in and correct me, but I believe MTSU has never gotten a 4 star kid straight out of HS.

They have by way of transfer or Juco but never straight from high school

Believe Nick King was a 4 star but he chose Memphis and then Alabama for his services before getting it right. Third time was the charm.

Claude 'Sleepy' Taylor was before all the stars started being assigned to prep stars. He certainly would have been a four star if not a five star. Street and Smith in 1974 named him preseason one of Fifteen Freshmen of Influence. All Sleepy did was start as a freshman, lead a veteran team in scoring, and help the team win its first conference championship. From North Carolina, he chose to come to Middle Tennessee over NC State, who had won the national championship in March of 74 with David Thompson, and a bunch of other stars. There was only other player in the state who might have been as good as Sleepy. Phil Ford was in the same senior class and signed with the Tar Heels and became all everything in college. You have to wonder what might have been if Sleepy had not wrecked his knee the summer after his freshman year.

ESPN had Buffen as a 4*, but I think everyone else had him as a 3*.

Laron Dendy was a 4-star out of HS - #1 player in NC and #63 nationally - but of course it took him 6 years to get to MT.

With regards to Sleepy, I heard rumors at the time that UNC and NC State were both interested in him transferring to them after his freshman season in the OVC. After the knee injury, they lost interest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT