ADVERTISEMENT

MT signee Jordon Majors . . .

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
. . . will play this afternoon for the MLK Lady Royals in the AA Championship game. She had 29 pts. 11 rbs. and 3 blocks yesterday in the semi-final win over defending state champion and #1 ranked Elizabethton. (Check out the Tennessean for articles featuring Majors)

Saw her play in the first round Friday evening. Most of her points came on layups / putbacks because she was taller than everyone on the floor. She will not be able to do this in College. Did not move a lot on offense or defense...not sure if she was lazy or just didn't have to exert herself. I do think with some seasoning and conditioning she can contribute next year but she will have to consistently hit the 12-15 footer.

from a facebook post

All three of the Blue Raiders' in-state signees won state championships.
Katie Collier's Knox Webb team won the Division II state championship;
Alex Johnson was a vital part of Blackman's Class AAA state championship
and Jordan Majors' MLK team won the Class AA title. All three players
were named to their respective All-Tournament teams. Majors was named
Class AA MVP!.

Haven't seen Collier or Johnson play so I'll reserve comment. Glad that all three made their respective All-Tournament teams and that Majors was MVP.

Watching Majors last evening it is obvious she is a project. She seemed very hesitant and lacking in intensity based on that one game but it was clear that she has athletic talent. I would hope that she develops quickly. [As an aside - IMHO Majors is a victim of coaching (not necessarily putting the blame on her particular coach) - Nashville public schools have for years not had the same dedication, intensity, fundamental development, and time allocation that public schools in the mid-state (and area private schools which emphasize athletics) have for high school girl's BkB.] She could develop very quickly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT