ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY NEWS MT ranked within the top 10 in three categories (within the state)

I wouldn't be where I am today if not for the education/experience/connections I made at MT. I don't know how the academic side is doing so well with the athletic side so crappy considering good leadership usually permeates throughout an institution, but MT managed to do it.

I went to UTk for the first 4 years, and then finished up at MT, and I'll tell anyone that you get a much better academic experience and value at MT than at UTk, for a fraction of the cost.

Reactions: ewglenn
Number 10 best bachelor degree in TN?
To provide a little context, this is all universities in the state and they rank on a host of reasons. I generally compare us against other public universities in the state to get a better idea. So for this particular ranking it would look like this:

Made the top 25:

1) UTK
2) TN Tech
3) MTSU
4) ETSU
5) Memphis
6) UTC
7) UTM
8) TSU

To provide a little context, this is all universities in the state and they rank on a host of reasons. I generally compare us against other public universities in the state to get a better idea. So for this particular ranking it would look like this:

Made the top 25:

1) UTK
2) TN Tech
3) MTSU
4) ETSU
5) Memphis
6) UTC
7) UTM
8) TSU

That's a better way to look at it.

Taking out schools like Vandy, Suwanee, Rhodes etc is the way to go - we're different schools with different missions serving different students.

Vandy can graduate all the MBA's they want, those folks are still going to need nurses and teachers and airline pilots and cops and farmers.

That's a better way to look at it.

Taking out schools like Vandy, Suwanee, Rhodes etc is the way to go - we're different schools with different missions serving different students.

Vandy can graduate all the MBA's they want, those folks are still going to need nurses and teachers and airline pilots and cops and farmers.
And beer brewers. 😂

Just watched the Steve Peterson Champions Plaza dedication ceremony. Athletic Director announced Dr McPhee couldn't be in attendance because he was busy recruiting students from the Middle East & Egypt to Middle Tennessee State.
I know that doesn't have anything to do with top 10 degrees in Tennessee, but was just wondering if anyone knows how is our foreign students recruiting under Dr McPhee coming along compared to other universities in Tennessee? I expect this is something very important to Dr McPhee, & would certainly be shooting for top 10 status in this category as well.

Just watched the Steve Peterson Champions Plaza dedication ceremony. Athletic Director announced Dr McPhee couldn't be in attendance because he was busy recruiting students from the Middle East & Egypt to Middle Tennessee State.
I know that doesn't have anything to do with top 10 degrees in Tennessee, but was just wondering if anyone knows how is our foreign students recruiting under Dr McPhee coming along compared to other universities in Tennessee? I expect this is something very important to Dr McPhee, & would certainly be shooting for top 10 status in this category as well.
Seeing the world on the MTSU dime before retirement.

Seeing the world on the MTSU dime before retirement.

That's exactly what came to my mind too

I just don't trust the guy. He's basically done nothing for MT in the decades he's been there which is pretty remarkable.

Must be nice to have a well paying job with a massive retirement package that has virtually no expectations or standards....

Reactions: MTTim
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT