ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL MT private scrimmage

looks like the extra time this summer and being able to scrimmage has helped. Now he just needs 20 regular season wins

Reactions: C-Bow
Oh no, have mercy. 20 wins would yield a 8 year contract extension.
As long as the one 20-win season is not a fluke I would be okay with that. Of course I would prefer 2-3 20-win seasons before we commit like that.

Yep, it was more of a statement on Massaro's track record.

To me, 20 wins this season would likely preclude firing this year. 2 or 3 years of 20+ wins would start the discussions of a several year extension, not 8.

It's a scrimmage won over APSU. Why are we talking about 20 win seasons and contract extensions
I agree a 7 point win over APSU is not impressive. I would be shocked if we got even remotely close to 20-wins at all under McDevitt.

At this point 5 wins would be a nice surprise. I expect McDevitt to lose every game

Probably looking at around a .500 season this year. We are clearly improved, and law of averages says we shouldn't be that bad for that long. We've had 3 miserable seasons. We are due for a mediocre one.

I'm expecting something like a .500 record and 1st or 2nd round exit from CUSA tournament with a great APR. Massaro will dial up a 5 year extension after we take a massive step forward by tripling our win total from 2020!

Next year there will be tons of optimism because the basketball roster will have mostly returned after tripling their wins from the previous year + Nick will land a big transfer. But then you know what happens next.

Welcome to MT athletics

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Probably looking at around a .500 season this year. We are clearly improved, and law of averages says we shouldn't be that bad for that long. We've had 3 miserable seasons. We are due for a mediocre one.

I'm expecting something like a .500 record and 1st or 2nd round exit from CUSA tournament with a great APR. Massaro will dial up a 5 year extension after we take a massive step forward by tripling our win total from 2020!

Next year there will be tons of optimism because the basketball roster will have mostly returned after tripling their wins from the previous year + Nick will land a big transfer. But then you know what happens next.

Welcome to MT athletics
Now YOU'RE more optimistic than me! Every year we've won fewer and fewer games. Surely it has to turn around - you're right, law of averages and all... but I still feel really uneasy about this team, though even sniffing .500 would be a major improvement from the last few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT