ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL midseason grades

Hard to disagree with those grades. The offense is awesome, the defense is really poor.

Mathers, Richie James, and Brent are 3 of the best individual talents I've seen come through M'Boro since I've been following MT since 2003.

It's not over yet, but, I can't shake the feeling that this season should be somehow something greater.

It's over. WKU will be double digit favorites in every game from this point forward (13 point favorites at home hosting ODU this weekend) and are not going to lose. Their schedule is cake. We just gave them the 2nd wind they were looking for and no chance Brohm lets them slip again.

This season is nothing but another second place finish in the East, which in the grand scheme of things is as good as last place (Don't make me quote Ricky Bobby).

As I ponder last Saturdays game....I must confess that the unit that disappointed me the most was the Defensive Line. It is a senior laden defensive line at that. Rick is going to have to get tough with Tommy West. Not much pass rush, big holes for a not known for running team. Recruiting has been poor(numbers wise) at the position and we are really going to feel that next year. I just don't see the improvement in that unit like I thought I would. I thought Tommy would really bring the gusto to the position but I just haven't seen the improvement like I have see in the secondary. Just an observation.

As I ponder last Saturdays game....I must confess that the unit that disappointed me the most was the Defensive Line. It is a senior laden defensive line at that. Rick is going to have to get tough with Tommy West. Not much pass rush, big holes for a not known for running team. Recruiting has been poor(numbers wise) at the position and we are really going to feel that next year. I just don't see the improvement in that unit like I thought I would. I thought Tommy would really bring the gusto to the position but I just haven't seen the improvement like I have see in the secondary. Just an observation.

I have the same conclusion. We have a senior laden DL, and they did nothing. They didn't win any one-on-one battles, nor did they generate any pass rush, they didn't even clog a hole. They did nothing.

Franklinraider was right, he warned us about Tommy West.

The guy is stealing money at this point.

Reactions: SmithO1906
Agreed. Look at the D-line statistics and they are awful. I think this is also contributing to why our secondary doesn't have more picks. QB's have too much time to let their receivers run around until they get open. Probably the biggest d-line that we have ever had in the FBS era is one of if not the least productive

I think the D is being coach to bend but not break. Maybe they are trying to protect our LBs. we have also faced LT and WKU two of the best passing offenses is college FB.

Aren't we dealing with injuries on the d line? McBride is out at DT and we only have one DT weighing 300lbs. Also I thought Hale has been playing hurt.

I have the same conclusion. We have a senior laden DL, and they did nothing. They didn't win any one-on-one battles, nor did they generate any pass rush, they didn't even clog a hole. They did nothing.

Franklinraider was right, he warned us about Tommy West.

The guy is stealing money at this point.

It's OK. We are not alone. Clemson, Memphis, UAB and So. Miss made the same bad decision. This was nothing more than a payback hire. TW should now have his years vested in the Tenn. Condolidated Retirement System and hopefully Rick will do the right thing after this season.

McBride played this past Saturday. Hale did not play and he is a good one. The problem with this past Saturday is that WKU ran it down our throat. They didn't have to pass all game long.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT