ADVERTISEMENT

Middle Tennessee vs WKU (ESPN2) Saturday 3PM

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
I take no wins for granted against them. The all time series speaks for itself. In a perfect world we will run them out of the building but we need to play well.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by RandallThomason:
I take no wins for granted against them. The all time series speaks for itself. In a perfect world we will run them out of the building but we need to play well.
Despite all the idiot Hilltopper haven posters unhappy with Harper, he's a good coach, he'll have them well prepared. Our guys better be ready/

Sound familiar? Important home game, hype, large crowd, MT huge favorite, national tv...

excerpt:

...If there is a team in the Sun Belt that needs a win right now, it's
Western Kentucky who are clinging to a winning record overall but are
only 5-5 in the conference and need momentum after dropping five of six.
In this stretch, the scoring has been down and while the defense has
been good, it hasn't been able to win on it's own. A 65-57 loss at South
Alabama on Thursday was a prime example of that trend with 36.8%
shooting trailing the Jaguars 40.4% mark but just nine makes at the line
compared to 22 for South Alabama being the decisive number. Brandon
Harris led the WKU attack with 14 points and seven rebounds, with TJ
Price right on his heels with 13 points, followed by a ten point, six
pull effort by George Fant.

The worse thing I can say about Middle Tennessee State is they aren't covering many spreads, but than by Browse to Save">again
I'm sure that's not a worry because they are still winning a lot of
games. Nine of ten to be exact with plenty of scoring and defense to
lean on which has the Blue Raiders sitting atop the Sun Belt. MTSU
opened up a DD lead in the second half of a 72-64 victory over North
Texas and were never seriously threatened behind 53.7% shooting with ten
steals and 19 forced turnovers negating the Mean Green's 45% from the
floor with the better team getting more shots. Marcos Knight led a
balanced offense with 15 points and five helpers, followed by James
Gallmman with 13 points off the bench while JT Sulton and Neiko Hunter
combined for 21 points and eight pulls....

Wish the Bama/TN game would end so we could watch the main event. Why can't they balance this stuff out...so those of us watching on line will miss the tip.

If we would quit hacking WKU post player we would be up a lot more.

WKU fts 18 attempts
MT fts 6 attempts

Originally posted by Blueraider_Mike:
If we would quit hacking WKU post player we would be up a lot more.

WKU fts 18 attempts
MT fts 6 attempts
Agree 100%. This plus rebounding has kept WKU in the game.

Great win today. Glad we didnt choke on a nationally televised game at home! On a side note, I watched the game on tv and Ray Harper has to be biggest crybaby I've ever seen. Every play down the court he was crying to the refs about somethings. The sweet sixteen temper trantrums were in full affect on the goats bench.

Originally posted by MTBig Blue:
Great win today. Glad we didnt choke on a nationally televised game at home! On a side note, I watched the game on tv and Ray Harper has to be biggest crybaby I've ever seen. Every play down the court he was crying to the refs about somethings. The sweet sixteen temper trantrums were in full affect on the goats bench.
Doesn't surprise me at all. He fits in well with the rest of the state of Kentucky.

I'm glad we won by a considerable margin, as to not give them any reason for crying that the officiating lost the game for them. It was horrible slanted towards them, and we still beat them by 19.

Speaking of the win margin, Imma just leave this sitting right here…
3dgrin.r191677.gif
http://blogs.dnj.com/subtlesparky/2013/01/26/twitter-predictions-for-mtsu-wku-game/

Great turnout, great atmosphere and a great win for Middle. I wonder what the home attendance will look like from here out?

Officiating was absolute garbage but I think we've all come to expect that from Saturday crews.

I have said it for about 3 years now that this year was going to be extremely special for us. We SHOULD finish with a better record this year than last, and go to the NCAA tourney. From there... we just see what happens.
We are also fortunate to see Ole Miss, UCF, Akron, UAB, Belmont, Florida, and Savannah State all doing really well in their respective conferences. This will grab the attention of the selection committee most likely. Right now real time rpi has us at #37 overall. I cannot explain how much our depth is a factor in games down the stretch. Today was a perfect example. With these refs calling the way they were our old middle teams would have been down to the buzzer against an inferior opponent. This year... Go ahead, we have 2 more guys that can play that position and are more fresh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT