ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs WKU, 6PM, Saturday, February 26, 2022

I'm not an athlete. I never played anything passed jr/high ball.

But I know there are some unwritten rules. You don't watch a homerun. You don't bunt on a no hitter. And I am assuming you don't try to steal a ball when there is no time left on the clock for a clock run out of time.

If you do, you get a tomahawk dunk with 3 seconds left. haha

I feel like both teams should start doing more of this. Maybe it will spice up the rivalry a bit.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
The shot clock was one second less than game clock, so technically, had to take a shot to avoid shot clock violation ;) Also, not just a tomahawk dunk, but a double bird flying from the student section in that clip!!

I do not know about anyone else, but I come to the games to do nothing more than hurl 'expletives deleted' against the opposing school, their coaches, players and their fans. I consider them to be the worst humans alive. F their feelings, Yours too if you disagree. Be a fan.
So if we don't come to a game to hurl expletives at the opposing team and fans, "F" our feelings? And don't say I am not a fan. I have been a fan since 1973. I just don't think you need to be classless to be a fan. I think a lot of Western fans are like that, but I don't think we have to be. The dunk was fine, since they tried to steal the ball when we are stopping, but we don't have to cuss to be a fan.

• Haha
Reactions: SpaceRaider
So if we don't come to a game to hurl expletives at the opposing team and fans, "F" our feelings? And don't say I am not a fan. I have been a fan since 1973. I just don't think you need to be classless to be a fan. I think a lot of Western fans are like that, but I don't think we have to be. The dunk was fine, since they tried to steal the ball when we are stopping, but we don't have to cuss to be a fan.

Whoosh.....

If I have misunderstood, please explain what you meant?

You should ask him in person at the next game. Space will be the middle aged guy stealing candy from babies and pushing old ladies in front of oncoming traffic if they are wearing the wrong colors.

If you sit in front of him and don’t double bird the opposing coach at least twice before halftime, expect a coke bath.

MT basketball is war.

You should ask him in person at the next game. Space will be the middle aged guy stealing candy from babies and pushing old ladies in front of oncoming traffic if they are wearing the wrong colors.

If you sit in front of him and don’t double bird the opposing coach at least twice before halftime, expect a coke bath.

MT basketball is war.
Could be me though… guess he will just have to take his chances. #F’em

Could be me though… guess he will just have to take his chances. #F’em
Sarcasm aside, the closest I ever got to a fight at a sporting event was with MT fans in Gainesville for the 2000 game vs Florida. Not directly with me, but 2 things happened during that game directly involving the group I was with.

So it’s with every fan base.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
You are right. Every team has classless fans but just because a person chooses to not cuss out the other team and or fans, that doesn't mean they aren't fans. That is all I was saying.

I'm not an athlete. I never played anything passed jr/high ball.

But I know there are some unwritten rules. You don't watch a homerun. You don't bunt on a no hitter. And I am assuming you don't try to steal a ball when there is no time left on the clock for a clock run out of time.

If you do, you get a tomahawk dunk with 3 seconds left. haha
You don't step on Supermans cape. You don't pee into the wind....

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
One of my favorite all-time heckles or general trash talk at a game came from SpaceRaider probably over 20 years ago. MT was beating Austin Peay back when that game had more meaning. IIRC, APSU was dragging out the inevitable loss very late in the game. From the stands, it came through loud and clear:

"Hey Peay, just roll over and die!"

I remember it like it was yesterday, and it still cracks me up.

You are right. Every team has classless fans but just because a person chooses to not cuss out the other team and or fans, that doesn't mean they aren't fans. That is all I was saying.
Thats fair crassy. I think a good fan base has both kinds. If everyone is a puritan then the games could lack energy/heat. If everyone acts like an a$$ then we would be vols fans. #passthemustard

One of my favorite all-time heckles or general trash talk at a game came from SpaceRaider probably over 20 years ago. MT was beating Austin Peay back when that game had more meaning. IIRC, APSU was dragging out the inevitable loss very late in the game. From the stands, it came through loud and clear:

"Hey Peay, just roll over and die!"

I remember it like it was yesterday, and it still cracks me up.

I remember that. My voice doesn't carry like it use to, these days. I more resemble the 'old man' in Tim Conway's skits on the Carol Burnett TV show.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT