ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs Winthrop, 6PM, Tuesday, November 16, 2021

The guy who ran Winthrop's message board for years now just uses a fan blog.. he's a good guy, knowledgeable about NCAA basketball in general and provides good insights into the Eagles team and players- however, he's a self admitted homer in his predictions.. his blog is here if anyone is interested..

DJ Burns is a preseason all conference and MVP pick by most who follow the BigSouth- the transfer from UT is prone to foul trouble so it will be interesting to see if the coaches try to go at him early and limit his minutes/production..

The guy who ran Winthrop's message board for years now just uses a fan blog.. he's a good guy, knowledgeable about NCAA basketball in general and provides good insights into the Eagles team and players- however, he's a self admitted homer in his predictions.. his blog is here if anyone is interested..

DJ Burns is a preseason all conference and MVP pick by most who follow the BigSouth- the transfer from UT is prone to foul trouble so it will be interesting to see if the coaches try to go at him early and limit his minutes/production..
King! Hope you're doing well...I should have known I'd find you on here. Thanks for the kind words and the link to my blog. Yes, of course I picked Winthrop to win...I always do. But in all seriousness, I'm curious to see how Winthrop responds after an emotional, draining, comeback win on Saturday.

Reactions: kingaling42
Just looking at some things here. I won't be able to watch tonight as we are on the road. The big issue I see is Burns. There are only 2 guys we can matchup with him, and that is Dishman or Turner. Just judging by length, it makes sense to have Turner on him. But no matter who it is, we are going to be giving up anywhere of 30-50lbs. Winthrop has shown pretty balanced scoring, but so have the Raiders. Mercer is a better team than BC so it is hard to make great comparisons. I see minutes distributed pretty evenly among the 2 teams. My best guess is this game may hinge on Turner/Dishman or on Jefferson. An emotional win on Saturday doesn't have as much bearing to me as others. I haven't mentioned guys like Lawrence or King, but they could be in the mix as well. Millin has disappointed me so far in production. Not ability, or assertiveness, etc. Just numbers. He's fully capable... but not sure what the problem is there. Who knows? The lightbulb may come on tonight.

MGM lists Winthrop at -5.5....MT is +180 on ML. Some value there.

It's -6 with no ML posted where I book.

Staying away. I need to see better guard play until I can put any faith in this team.

Ahh, I can already hear Larry's blood-curdling announcing in the background and Chip Walters saying the wrong player on every other call. "Donovan Sims with the layup!" Um, no, that was Dishman...

It looks like 25% of the crowd from the WBB game last night against Vandy.

• Haha
Reactions: C-Bow
The terrible streaming where they just give us the video boards in the arena is back. First two games the stream wasn't bad. Why can't we get anything right. Some fans probably made positive comments and they didn't like happy fans, so they changed it back.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
The terrible streaming where they just give us the video boards in the arena is back. First two games the stream wasn't bad. Why can't we get anything right. Some fans probably made positive comments and they didn't like happy fans, so they changed it back.
Yeah, the quality is terrible tonight. Hard to watch.

Reactions: ewglenn
Looks like we are going for a record tonight

most fouls in 1 game

Literally can't even see the game when they use the below-basket camera. Come on y'all. Seriously?

Was hoping I was wrong about our average at best guard play

looks like I’m not

shame because we have a lot of length and athleticism. Just can’t put the ball in the basket. Could have been a decent year if jalen Jordan didn’t tear his ACL

What are these ticky tack foul calls. This is awful officiating.

Was hoping I was wrong about our average at best guard play

looks like I’m not

shame because we have a lot of length and athleticism. Just can’t put the ball in the basket. Could have been a decent year if jalen Jordan didn’t tear his ACL
Got Burns on the bench early but not taking advantage... Still looking for a Batman... bunch of Robins right now.. heard good things about Jefferson in the scrimmages but haven't seen anyone just be a consistent scorer.. Fussell has got to convert some of those hi/low, pick/roll plays.. missed 3 bunnies...

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
Literally can't even see the game when they use the below-basket camera. Come on y'all. Seriously?
I emailed Massaro saying if he reads this during the game make them stop that and just go back to the one camera angle with decent quality. I don't want to see a Deb Insell advertisement while the game is going on.

I emailed Massaro saying if he reads this during the game make them stop that and just go back to the one camera angle with decent quality. I don't want to see a Deb Insell advertisement while the game is going on.
Thank you for doing that.

Got Burns on the bench early but not taking advantage... Still looking for a Batman... bunch of Robins right now.. heard good things about Jefferson in the scrimmages but haven't seen anyone just be a consistent scorer.. Fussell has got to convert some of those hi/low, pick/roll plays.. missed 3 bunnies...

yessir. You gotta hit those bunnies. You also have to hit some 3s when you are playing a good opponent like Winthrop, because you know damn well they are going to make theirs.

we are lucky this game is as close as it is. With all of the fouls we have committed and shots we’ve missed plus the amount of free throws we have given them, they should be ahead by double digits.

I tried but this team is unwatchable.

3 points so far from our starting guards….

Winthrop shooting 60% from 3….MT 9% from the 3.

our guards are just not very good. Outside of Jalen Jordan, they never have been under mcdevitt.

Wow. The way you guys were talking I was expecting a beat down. Just got the halftime alert and was surprised to only be down by 3. But....if this is now, it'll be worse with SFA .

Wow. The way you guys were talking I was expecting a beat down. Just got the halftime alert and was surprised to only be down by 3. But....if this is now, it'll be worse with SFA .

only a 3 point game because Winthrop can’t make a free throw. They left so many points out there when you factor the missed FT and not getting the bonus from the 1 and 1 attempts

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
3 points so far from our starting guards….

Winthrop shooting 60% from 3….MT 9% from the 3.

our guards are just not very good. Outside of Jalen Jordan, they never have been under mcdevitt.
Yeah I simply don’t understand the guards.. you can tell they’re emphasizing getting the ball down low but they’re all so passive and tentative or they jack some crazy 3 that’s nowhere close.. I don’t get it..

Dishman is looking good.. he’s lost weight and you can tell he’s healthier and able to get proper conditioning in compared to last year where he was clearly not recovered from the knee injury and out of shape.. if he can use that mobility against most opponent BIGs that’ll really help.. but if he kicks it out gotta have someone who can make a perimeter shot

Some 3s finally starting to fall and we are playing with great effort and intensity. Need to keep it up and finish this thing off. I am traumatized after last years 2nd half melt downs and just waiting for it to happen again.

Nice opening response.. hope they don’t fall in love with the 3 point shots unless they’re in the flow of the offense.. but most of us will take 3 out of 4 makes from outside

This Burns guy might be a stud in the Big South but he ain’t anything special when you play a long, tall, athletic team like ours.

these Winthrop guys having some prayers answered tonight from 3

College basketball is so infuriating. My head would explode if I was the coach and T and Fussell are out there jacking up 3s. Like, dude, why?

And Sims delivers with back to back 3s.

huge shots. Guard play is much better in the second half. Loving the defensive effort from our guys tonight.

need to finish this thing off

Whoever decided that the arena camera views should be the stream needs to be educated. This stream is absolutely horrible! Can't see anything when they use the cam from beneath the basket. Just blocked the whole time by bodies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT