ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs Ole Miss, 5PM, Saturday, December 9, 2017

7942054.png

Went back to watch the second half to watch the last 7 to 5 minutes. The subject of the NCAA tourney bid came up and it was extreamly frustrating. One of the announcers said there should be 32 spots. One of the Facebook comments from ole miss fans were along the lines of mid majors shouldn't get tournament bids.

This mentality is is what we are up against. The announcers were making a case that the regular season doesn't count when you add more. I disagree ...I think it is the opposite. Our predicament is that the regular season doesn't count and the small tourney at the end does.

Great win. We are supposed to be beating the likes of Mississippi. I just love it when they don't get that we are the better team.

The Ole Miss “guru” that was posting prior to the game saying we weren’t as good as in years past didn’t do his homework. Only concentrated on King and Potts. Walters is our X-factor this year as I stated before the season starts. He is a monster inside. I think we have seen who Davis is going to trust when we move into conference play. There will be less of Shelton-Schmidt as we move forward. Those guys playing off the bench will be be dominantly 1. Gamble 2. Simmons 3. Johnson 4. Hawthorne. After that I think he will try to go with Sims, but the drop off will be that 5th bench guy. Either way you slice it... we have 9 outstanding ballers in the rotation. I have to be honest. This is a top 25 team. And yes, even though the Vols are getting more coverage than we are. This is a better team than UTK. One hiccup with Belmont doesn’t deter that fact.

Well, we only beat them by 19 last night so the Ole Miss "guru" dude is right. :).

Bottom line, we've beaten them just about whenever we've played them so that makes us the better team and if they feel mid-majors shouldn't go to the tourney, well, I feel that P5 teams that get beat regularly by mid majors shouldn't go either.

Know your role Ole Miss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT