Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Ole Miss
Series:
MT leads 5-4
Founded: 1848 Enrollment: 23,780
Colors: Cardinal Red & Navy Blue Nickname: Rebels Conference: Southeastern Conference
Facility: Pavilion at Ole Miss (9,500)
Head Coach: Andy Kennedy UAB, 1991 UM Record: 234-140 (11 seasons) Overall Record: 255-153 (12 seasons)
2016-17 Record: 22-14, 10-8 (T-5th SEC) 2017 Postseason: NIT Quarterfinals
Starters R/L: 4/1 Lettermen R/L: 7/5 Newcomers: 8

They hit 9. They have a 4 gaurd and one forward starting line up. Interesting...A gaurd has to cover King....

and probably vice versa. If they have 4 guards on the floor, we could play King and Walters together very well if King can handle defending a guard, because I know a guard can't defend him without a lot of help. It may come down to guys being able to hit open looks if Ole Miss doubles down hard on King and Walters (which I would expect they will).

excerpt:

...The Ole Miss Rebels will head to Murphy Athletic Center to face the MTSU Blue Raiders on Saturday, December 9, 2017. The Rebels step onto the court with a 4-3 record while the Blue Raiders come into this contest with a 6-1 record.

Ole Miss Offensive Stats

When pulling down rebounds, the Ole Miss Rebels sit at 295th in college basketball in total rebounds with 267 while ranking 227th for offensive boards with 169. The Rebels have 113 assists this season which is good for 217th nationally. They also have 52 takeaways for this campaign while totaling 34 rejections this season and it has them sitting 111th of all teams in the nation. Ole Miss ranks 333rd in turnovers with 85 on the year. In addition, they have accumulated 143 fouls for the year which ranks them 262nd for this season. The Rebels have a free throw attempt rate of 0.4 which puts them at 101st in Division I. They sit at 208th in total rebounding percentage with 50.3% and they have a 30.4% offensive rebound percentage. The Ole Miss Rebels hold a steal percentage of 9.9% which has them at 119th in the nation. In addition, the Rebels have an assist percentage of 55.1% which is good for 124th and a block percentage of 13.9% which has them ranking 38th. They hold the 140th position in college basketball for free throws to field goals attempted with 0.3. The Ole Miss Rebels currently sit at 257th in total points scored with a total of 586. They got there by knocking down 205 field goals on 443 attempts which ranks them 258th and 300th respectively. This gives them a field goal percentage of 46.3% which is 126th in college basketball. Ole Miss has sunk 62 of their 184 3-point attempts giving them a rate of 33.7% which is 227th in men’s college basketball. For the year, the Rebels have tried 169 free throws which has them ranked at 195th in Division I ball and they have knocked down 114 of them which has the Rebels coming in at 216th in the nation. For this year they are converting 67.5% from the free throw line putting them 251st nationally.

Middle Tennessee Offensive Stats

The MTSU Blue Raiders come into this contest ranked 291st in total points scored with 546. They got there, in part, by hitting 192 field goals on 411 attempts which ranks them 297th and 325th respectively. This gives them a field goal percentage of 46.7% which is 110th in college basketball. Middle Tennessee State has knocked down 39 of their 130 3-point attempts giving them a percentage of 30.0% which is 309th in D1 ball.

For the season, the Blue Raiders have attempted 166 free throws on the season which has them sitting at 209th in the nation and they’ve converted 123 of them which ranks the Blue Raiders 181st in the NCAA. On the season they are shooting 74.1% from the stripe which is 82 nationally. As for rebounding, the MTSU Blue Raiders rank 308th nationally in total rebounds with 261 while sitting at 204th for offensive rebounding with 85 boards for the season. In terms of assists, the Blue Raiders have dished out 102 of them during the season which puts them at 265th of all Division I teams. They have also totaled 52 steals on the season while racking up 18 blocks this year which ranks them 319th.

Middle Tennessee is sitting in 320th in turnovers with a total of 91 this season. They’ve also totaled 160 fouls on the season which puts them at 181st for the 2017-18 season. The Blue Raiders free throw attempt rate is 0.4 which ranks them a 70th in NCAA basketball. They rank 58th in total rebounding percentage with 54.4% and they have an offensive rebound percentage of 34.4%. The MTSU Blue Raiders have a steal percentage of 10.5% which puts them at 84th in college basketball. In addition, Middle Tennessee State has an assist percentage of 53.1% and a block percentage of 8.1% which has them sitting at 166th and 238th respectively. Finally, they own the 46th spot in Division I for free throws to field goals attempted with 0.3.

Ole Miss Defensive Stats

The Ole Miss Rebels have given up 76 offensive boards this campaign which has them landing in the 86th spot nationally. In addition, they rank 69th in total rebounds allowed with 264 opponent boards this season. Opponents have totaled 104 assists on the season versus the Rebels which puts them at 120th in Division I. In opponent steals, they are sitting 46th by allowing a total of 39 takeaways. They also rank 5th in opponent blocks by allowing 11 of them on the season. When playing the Rebels, the opposition has turned the ball over 98 times and ranks the Rebels at 49th this year defensively. Opponents have fouled 145 times this year against Ole Miss which has them sitting at 82nd nationally. The rate of free throw attempts per field goal attempt for the other team this year is 38.2% which ranks the Rebels 267th in NCAA men’s basketball. Also, the percentage in which an opponent shoots a 3-pointer versus the Rebels is 42.2% which has Ole Miss sitting at 286th for this campaign. The true shooting percentage for opponents is 54.9% for this season which puts them 245th in college basketball. Opponent total rebounding percentage is 49.7% which puts them at 208th while Ole Miss comes in at 258th this year for opponent assist percentage which is currently 56.8%. In addition, opposition has a steal percentage of 7.4% when facing the Rebels which ranks them 84th in the nation while they rank at 6th in the nation in opponent block percentage which comes in at 4.2%. The Ole Miss Rebels have given up 550 points this year which puts them at 265th in college basketball. The opposition has made 183 shots on the season out of 424 tries. The Rebels sit at 63rd in field goals allowed, 41st in opponent field goals attempted and 170th in opponent field goal percentage with 43.2%. Against the Rebels, the opposition has converted 65 3-pointers to put them at 182nd in the country and they rank 134th in Division I basketball for opponent 3-point tries with 179. This is an opponent 3-point rate of 36.3% which ranks Ole Miss at 245th in NCAA basketball. They have given up a total of 162 free throw attempts which ranks them 155th while opponents made 119 of those free throws which puts them at 185th in college basketball. Finally, teams are converting 73.5% of their free throws against Ole Miss which gives them a ranking of 280th defensively.

Middle Tennessee Defensive Stats

The MTSU Blue Raiders have allowed 464 points thus far which ranks them 341st in college basketball. Opponents have knocked down 146 shots on the season out of 355 attempts. The Blue Raiders rank 5th in field goals allowed, 5th in opponent field goals attempted and 97th in opponent field goal percentage with 41.1%. Against the Blue Raiders opponents have knocked down 42 shots from behind the arc which is 14th in the nation and Middle Tennessee ranks 11th in college basketball for opponent 3-point attempts with 134. This is an opponent 3-point percentage of 31.3% which is 84th in the nation on the defensive side of the ball. They have allowed a total of 178 free throw attempts which ranks them 206th and opponents have converted 130 of those shots from the charity stripe which is 235th in Division I. This means teams are knocking down 73.0% of their free throw attempts against the Blue Raiders which has them sitting at 269th.

The MTSU Blue Raiders have allowed 57 offensive rebounds this season which ranks 6th while they sit at 7th in opponent total rebounds allowing 219 boards on the season. Opponents have a total of 76 assists on the season against the Blue Raiders which is good for 16th in NCAA men’s basketball. They rank 17th for opponent steals with 35 while sitting at 35th in opponent blocks by allowing 17 rejections this year. When playing the MTSU Blue Raiders, opponents have turned the ball over 108 times which puts the Blue Raiders at 93rd this season.

Opponents have racked up 145 personal fouls this year when playing Middle Tennessee State which has the Blue Raiders sitting at 81st in D1 ball. The percentage of free throw attempts per field goal attempt for opponents this season is 50.1% which is good for 344th in college basketball. In addition, the rate in which an opponent shoots a 3-pointer is 37.7% which has Middle Tennessee State ranking 177th for the season. Opponents’ true shooting percentage is 52.8% for the year which is 163rd in the nation. Opponents’ total rebounding percentage is 45.6% which is good for 58th while Middle Tennessee ranks 188th on the season for opponent assist percentage which is currently 52.1%. Finally, teams have a steal percentage of 7.1% when playing the Blue Raiders which is good for 65th in the NCAA while they sit at 32nd in the nation in opponent block percentage which is 6%.

excerpt:

...The Ole Miss Rebels and Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders meet Saturday in college basketball action at the Murphy Athletic Center.

The Ole Miss Rebels look to build on their 4-3 record when they take to the road for the first time. The Ole Miss Rebels are averaging 83.7 points on 46.3 percent shooting and allowing 78.6 points on 43.2 percent shooting. Terence Davis is averaging 17.9 points and six rebounds while Deandre Burnett is averaging 15.7 points and 4.4 assists. Devontae Shuler is the third double-digit scorer and Markel Crawford is grabbing 3.6 rebounds. The Ole Miss Rebels are shooting 33.7 percent from beyond the arc and 67.5 percent from the free throw line. The Ole Miss Rebels are allowing 36.3 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 38.1 rebounds per game. The Ole Miss Rebels have won five of their last eight road games.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders look for another victory to build on their impressive 6-1 start. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are averaging 78 points on 46.7 percent shooting and allowing 66.3 points on 41.1 percent shooting. Nick King is averaging 24.1 points and 2.4 assists while Brandon Walters is averaging 12.2 points and five rebounds. Giddy Potts is the third double-digit scorer and Antwain Johnson is dishing 1.6 assists. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are shooting 30 percent from beyond the arc and 74.1 percent from the free throw line. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are allowing 31.3 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 37.3 rebounds per game. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders have won 11 of their last 12 home games.

The Rebels are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 non-conference games, 14-4-1 ATS in their last 19 Saturday games and 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games overall. The Blue Raiders are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games, 20-8 ATS in their last 28 Saturday games and 25-9 ATS in their last 34 games overall. The under is 4-1 in Blue Raiders last 5 overall and the over is 7-1-1 in Rebels last 9 Saturday games.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are a balanced basketball team that includes having a top-100 defense and an offense that's shooting a high field goal percentage. The Blue Raiders also have some solid road victories, including just beating Vanderbilt. Ole Miss is a run and gun squad that can be dangrous offensively, but the defensive effort lacks. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders will be up for this game and should be able to getthe job done due to being much better defensively.....

OMSpirit:
https://247sports.com/college/ole-m...he-Blue-Raiders-Saturday-at-5-pm-CT-111948819
Ole Miss Basketball Looks to Get Back on Track at Middle Tennessee

...Ole Miss travels to face Middle Tennessee Saturday at 5 p.m. CT. The Blue Raiders are 6-1 on the season after knocking off Vanderbilt 66-63 Wednesday night. They’re led by senior forward Nick King, who is averaging 24.1 points per game to rank fifth nationally.

The Rebels had the week off after back-to-back overtime losses at home to South Dakota State and Virginia Tech — ranked No. 112 and No. 31, respectively, in KenPom.com's college basketball team rankings. Ole Miss led the Hokies for over 80 percent of the game.

Saturday will be the first true road contest of the season for Ole Miss. Middle Tennessee enters play ranked No. 16 in the RPI, the highest-rated opponent Ole Miss has faced this season. Middle Tennessee is currently ranked No. 76 in the KenPom rankings. Ole Miss is No. 65.....

from an email sent out...

Camellia Bowl posters, player autograph session at MTSU/Ole Miss basketball game!

For fans attending the Blue Raider basketball game vs. Ole Miss, make sure to arrive early so you can pick up the collectible Camellia Bowl poster (as shown above) and collect autographs from your Blue Raider football team from 4:30pm to 5:15pm.

There will also be a Camellia Bowl ticket sales table on the concourse assisting with your ticket purchases and any bowl related questions. Don't forget that every bowl ticket purchased also includes a Bowl Bound t-shirt

Feels like we should be favored by more than 3.5

Vegas usually gives us a lot of respect at home. As is my usual, I'm very worried about this game. Our guards are gonna have to shoot a higher % if we are going to win.

Feels like we should be favored by more than 3.5

Vegas usually gives us a lot of respect at home. As is my usual, I'm very worried about this game. Our guards are gonna have to shoot a higher % if we are going to win.

I actually am not that worried...Ole Miss gets to play the bulk of their games at home OOC, their only road games were in a Tourney in Vegas, so neutral. The P5 schools has so many advantages when it comes to scheduling and then the bias in the rankings.

Now, I am a bit concerned if they play small ball and really pick up the tempo. I think if our guards defend we will be ok...this most likely will be a high scoring game and our depth should help us.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Will the weather influence attendance? How bad was M'boro hit yesterday?

The White Death 2017 has pretty much such down metro Atlanta.

I'm expecting our bigs to have a lot of points and rebounds

OK, I'll be at the game but I didn't want to lie to my better half about the game not being on TV (Weather related question - It's the first really cold spell).
GoBlueRaiders.com has the game being on Stadium so I naturally assumed it would be on my Comcast Stadium station (WNAB-2,3 or 4?) which is channel 1195 on the recently revamped lineup. I did watch a live game earlier this week so I know some games are broadcast there.
Extensive research shows, however, that our game this afternoon will be available only streaming through Facebook. Seriously??? Will this be a problem for most or all of our away games which I am planning to be able to watch on TV? What's the deal?

just a note:

Rodney Howard, 6-10 post, from, Roswell, GA, 2019, will be at the game this evening...

also

Last edited:
... our game this afternoon will be available only streaming through Facebook. Seriously??? Will this be a problem for most or all of our away games which I am planning to be able to watch on TV? What's the deal?

It would not surprise me at all if most if not all are available only on facebook, but since most people, who are connected to the world wide web, seem to be on facebook, it shouldn't be a problem to watch. I plan to watch on my phone while at the game.

Also, I have been impressed with the quality of the live stream from stadium. I think it is better than espn3 in most cases...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT