ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs Marshall, 6PM, Thursday, February 24, 2022

We have to win the next two, Marshall AND Western to clinch the East. Correct?
That would be the easiest way to clinch the East- WKU & FAU both have 6 losses, MT with 3 losses & 4 games remaining to play- mathematically MT could beat WKU and lose the other 3 remaining games and still own the tiebreaker head-to-head over FAU (if they win out) as I assume that H2H would be the first tiebreaker.

Regardless momentum would be best served by closing out these regular season games on a roll.. Marshall also had to play Monday night and their bench is not nearly as deep as MT.. Marshall's best players also played 37+ minutes Monday where no MT player played more than 29 minutes.. I wouldn't underestimate any CUSA teams at this point on any given night and thus far MT has done a really nice job of not playing down to competition sans the UTSA game a few weeks back.. plus the game at Marshall came down to the final plays and was tight throughout the entire game.. The Herd upset UAB the very next game after MT was up there breaking a 10 game skid so they're definitely capable..

MT just needs to control what they can, take care of the ball especially limiting live ball TOs, take good shots, focus on defense- especially the 2 guards, Kinsey and Opie.. err I mean Andy Taylor, and things will take care of themselves..

I think this will be a very tough game. Line has us -6.5 but I really think this is closer to a coin flip. Vegas is baiting people to take MT here but statistically the Blue Raiders should cover this. Last game with Marshall was a nail biter and they are playing even better ball this time winning 3 of their last 4 games. They will have all the confidence they need and are plenty capable.

If we play anything short of our A game we will likely lose.

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
Not our night. 16% from 3 isn't gonna get it done.

Better get it out of our system now because you can't have clunkers come tournament time.

stat sheet looks really bad after the first half. bad shooting, lots of turnovers. recipe for an L unfortunately.

kind of lucky it's only a 3 point game. we will lose by double digits if we dont play better second half

Could build a house on that court tonight with all those bricks. Holy hell so many misses by both teams and most are good looks.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Marshall has beaten uab and kept it very close with north Texas.

also, my daughter looked at Marshalls rotation and said “why do they have so many white guys?” Haha.

• Haha
Reactions: Hop45
Lenard is going to be a special player if keeps developing. He’s already a major threat around the rim and a huge presence on defense. If he keeps refining his game he can be an all CUSA type of guy.
Agreed, he has potential. He needs to rein in his emotions at times though. He gets WAY too caught up in games. Multiple seconds flexing/screaming when the other team could be halfway down the court already...

17 TOs, 16.7% from deep.. no business winning but still it’s a 9 point victory… Weston, Lenard, Fussell with the spark on that 22-4 run.. Jefferson with no conscience knocking down the late 3 despite being ice cold the entire game.. MT finds another way to win by committee..

ODU beats FAU by 19..

Reactions: Hop45
32 of 35 at the line. that's a stat right there you won't see very often

Dangerous game, but good win. Kind of glad to see MT grind out a win on a poor shooting night. That is experience, maturity, toughness, and team work that is great to see heading into March when a team needs that sort of ability and character to have a shot at success in March.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT