ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee vs Florida A&M, 10:30AM, Thursday, November 9, 2023

To anyone else curious about Florida A&M's past seasons:
22-23: 6-24
21-22: 3-25
20-21: DNP
19-20: 6-21
18-19: 3-24

So we should win by 30+ at the least... They play UTK tonight so that will be a good measuring stick too.

Based on their record, I fully expect CRI to expand his bench and play 7 Lady Raiders!
I hope whoever #7 is doesn’t get her hopes up for the rest of the season 😍

FAMU playing UTK relatively close through 3Q. It's 66-43 near the end of the third period.

So we should win by 30+ at the least... They play UTK tonight so that will be a good measuring stick too.

Has there been any word when we can expect to get Jada back on the court? She can really add to what is already a pretty good team.

Reactions: MTOleBlue

utk was up 46-30 at half

MTS Specialty Stats
Bench Points4
Points In Paint22
Points off Turns20
Opp Turnovers12
2nd Chance Points0
Off Rebounds3
Fastbreak Points16
Layups9-11
Dunks0-0
Times Tied0
Times Taken Lead0
Possessions33
Scores27
Pts Per Possession1.879
Scoring %81.8
Turnover %09.1
Time Leading19:41
Time Trailing0:00

MTS Specialty Stats
Bench Points19
Points In Paint40
Points off Turns27
Opp Turnovers20
2nd Chance Points8
Off Rebounds10
Fastbreak Points23
Layups17-24
Dunks0-0
Times Tied0
Times Taken Lead0
Possessions64
Scores41
Pts Per Possession1.453
Scoring %64.1
Turnover %15.6
Time Leading39:42
Time Trailing0:00

just tuned in right before half, don't know if that has been mentioned
It has not.

Overall a great performance. We really stomped them, beat them significantly more than UTK did. Grabovskaia continues to impress (she’s clearly an exceptional post player and fantastic rebounder) and I also liked Arizmendi’s drive, moves, and skill.

Reactions: MTFAN61
One big note from CRI's post-game comments: Sifa will finally be eligible to play, on Sunday vs Princeton! We'll need her for that one. Princeton is a very good basketball team and program.

Best shooting performance from Whitson I've seen. Really locked in that 1st half as was the whole team. Valuable playing time for the subs, & good second half rest for the starters with Princeton arriving. Best challenge yet coming up, which is good. As mentioned above, really like our 2nd center. It's very early, but this could be a better defensive squad than last year.

Whitson was on fire. We're gonna need this type of performance on Sunday. Also, having Anastasiia and Iullia in the game at the same time is a lethal combination that puts our size and athleticism up there with most P5 teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: tyler90wm
So, what’s up with the horrible, low-budget, production value of the ESPN+ games for our teams so far this year? Has anyone else noticed? It looks like it’s being shot through a Ring doorbell camera, and there are no ESPN graphics, highlights, music, bells and whistles etc. For instance, check out the quality of the Marshall women’s production versus either of our games today. Anyone have any idea why?

Rare for a brand new player to get the playing time Iullia is under CRI. Her strength, dedication & talent are showing up early on in the year. Hoping coach keeps her on the floor more & more each game. If Sifa & Jada can also enter the mix soon I can see very good things for this team.

So, what’s up with the horrible, low-budget, production value of the ESPN+ games for our teams so far this year? Has anyone else noticed? It looks like it’s being shot through a Ring doorbell camera, and there are no ESPN graphics, highlights, music, bells and whistles etc. For instance, check out the quality of the Marshall women’s production versus either of our games today. Anyone have any idea why?

Correction: George Mason production. I’ve ‘spot-checked’ several other ESPN+ games and even the low-major teams have a more professional look and feel. It’s mostly about the camera being used. It even makes our floor look dark and oddly colored. At any rate, I hope it gets resolved soon. Same announcers as in the past few, the same guy and Daron Park.

Just wanted some clarification on Grabovskaia's last name pronunciation. Heard a minimum of 3 different renditions on the radio & tv from various sources.
Will spell out phonetically best as possible.
1) Grab-auv-skay-uh
2) Grab-auv-sky-uh
3) Gruh-bauv-skee
4) Gruh-baugh-skee
Wish television & radio personalities would do their due diligence especially when broadcasting about a team with so many international players. Figured some of our insiders would have good knowledge on this.

I speak some Russian... it's Grab-ov-sky-ah. The issue the media people have is her pronunciation is incorrect in the media guide - it's listed as Grab-ov-sky... missing a syllable.

Reactions: MTFAN61
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT