ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Middle Tennessee vs Charlotte Series, April 15-17, 2016

from the Charlotte baseball preview:

ABOUT THE MIDDLE TENNESSEE SERIES

The 49ers and Blue Raiders will play each other for the seventh, eighth and ninth times in the all-time series as Middle Tennessee has won all six of the previous matchups. The Niners were swept in the first-ever series in Murfreesboro two years ago while Charlotte saw three ninth-inning leads in last year’s series at home disappear late enabling Middle Tennessee to sweep again in 2015. Four of the six games in the series have been decided by two runs or less.

PITCHING PROBABLES

Friday at Middle Tennessee (7pm): LHP Sean Geoghegan (2-4, 3.75) vs. RHP Nate Hoffman (1-4, 4.80)

Saturday at Middle Tennessee (4pm): RHP Colton Laws (2-2, 4.96) vs. LHP Tyler Troutt (1-6, 4.64)

Sunday at Middle Tennessee (2pm): LHP Josh Maciejewski (3-3, 6.09) vs. LHP Jake Wyrick (2-3, 4.55)

last%20place%204-11-2016_zpsxx2qfpbs.jpg

Those standings are gross

In conference we've played so far the three top teams in the standings (29-7 collectively), plus wku on the road. Not that there's any mistaking us for a contender this year, but I suspect we'll see improvement over the rest of the conference slate.

Raiders are undefeated in extra innings this year

Raiders are now 7-0 against Charlotte

Raiders started 4 freshmen tonight

yesterday's game I saw something that I had not seen ever. The ump was hit twice by pitches. Once by the Charlotte pitcher and then by a MT pitcher.

First games this season I was able to make. Went Friday and Sunday. Wyrick reminded me a lot of Frebis. Great control and hit his spots very well. Beautiful day for baseball.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT