ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs Abilene Christian, 8PM, Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Is Fussell hurt? I saw a video of them walking to the arena and he looked to be in a walking boot.

Gonna be a long night. This is not the team you want to let get a lead on you. Don't have a good feeling about this one. Offense looks very out of rhythm. Asleep at the wheel.

Work early in the morning for me so I'm off to bed. I'll be shocked if I wake up to a win. This isn't #14 seed Cal Baptist where you can sleep for the first 10 minutes of the game and then decide you want to play.

Playing defense as poorly as we've played all year. Not rebounding either. At least we're shooting thees decent.

Need to play better defense the second half or and stop with the careless turnovers or we're done.

ACU was simply on fire the first half. We are up by one here in the second half. Gotta play D!

I really hope we can keep Lenard. Millen doing well too.

I still think we need to get something going and get this man a little money. Even if we only raise a few grand that is something in his pocket. Let him know there's more coming maybe we can make it a yearly thing or bi-annual. There has got to be somebody that posts on this board that has a business that could do something with him, and then allow others on the board to somehow donate to the cause.

I would trust somebody to just use their business as the medium for the $ transfer, and then I'll send them $100. I could probably do that a couple times per year and commit to that. I know it's not much but it's what I can spare right now. I'm sure many others could chip in some $$ too, just paypal or Venmo it over, I can even send crypto if needed. If we can get a dozen guys chipping in a couple times a year, we could put a few grand in the pocket of a few basketball players which will make their life a little easier and hopefully make them stick around. Most players at most schools are not pocketing money right now. We could maybe even attract more players if we are known for good sponsorship deals in the community, but the community businesses would have to step up and make that happen.

It makes me sad there are not more businesses in Murfreesboro stepping up and paying our athletes $$$$. I know Sims has a little something going but most players do not. We need to stop being shy about paying these kids, it's legal now. Let's do it. I'm about to just ask him for his cashapp.

Last edited:
Held ACU to 21 points in the 2nd half..one more game to play for this CBI championship..

MT is now tied for most number of wins (21) from last year to this in D1

Awesome turnaround! Guys really turned up the defense in the second half. Only allowed 4 field goals.

Held ACU to 21 points in the 2nd half..one more game to play for this CBI championship..

MT is now tied for most number of wins (21) from last year to this in D1
That's crazy considering that ACU was shooting lights out in the first half. We not only adjusted, we friggin dominated and turned it up to another level. The Alley Oops, the barage of 3's but the D really confounded them. So impressed by this squad. It was up there on the level with the Giddy and Reggie led teams. ONE MORE! Let's go!!!!

If this team stays together and adds another good piece or two they will easily be favorites in the East next year and depending on scheduling and how the chips fall, possibly push for an NCAA at-large. Jefferson and Sims will be difficult to replace, but we get Jalen Jordan back along with some great returning guards in Weston, Lawrence, Bufford, and King.

I'd like to see Nick sign a guard and a forward/C with the ships we will have available. We need to start preparing for life after Dishman because we'll only have him for 1 more year and none of the big men we have on the current roster have shown the offensive prowess around the rim like Dishman has. Hopefully Fussell and Coleman-Jones can develop that. Having the ability to score inside and outside is what has really opened up the floor for us this year and allowed us to pile on the points. We have to keep that threat around the rim and in the paint or all that goes away.

Also, Eli Lawrence has really proven me wrong. I was not a fan of his game at all in his younger years. He always struck me as a tweener that didn't seem to have a natural position on the court. But he has grown into a man and great ball player since arriving. He has a very smooth stroke from 3 which I hope he continues to work on. Happy to see how much he has developed since arriving.

You will need to something like this....https://www.nilauburn.com/

This is exactly what we need.

There will be a company that comes along and monetizes the entire NIL operation across all NCAA schools and takes a small fee of all donations while funneling the rest to your athlete of choice. Something like a Cameo, but for NCAA athletes.

You start with the big conferences like the SEC, Big 10, ACC....then grow to include all of D1 (and maybe D2 and D3 schools...) and eventually get all of them on board.

Then you retire.

Great idea. This board would be a perfect seed for something like this.

I’m reading a bit on what this entails. Anyone know a lawyer that could answer some front end questions…one that has an expertise in sports management?
I still think we need to get something going and get this man a little money. Even if we only raise a few grand that is something in his pocket. Let him know there's more coming maybe we can make it a yearly thing or bi-annual. There has got to be somebody that posts on this board that has a business that could do something with him, and then allow others on the board to somehow donate to the cause.

I would trust somebody to just use their business as the medium for the $ transfer, and then I'll send them $100. I could probably do that a couple times per year and commit to that. I know it's not much but it's what I can spare right now. I'm sure many others could chip in some $$ too, just paypal or Venmo it over, I can even send crypto if needed. If we can get a dozen guys chipping in a couple times a year, we could put a few grand in the pocket of a few basketball players which will make their life a little easier and hopefully make them stick around. Most players at most schools are not pocketing money right now. We could maybe even attract more players if we are known for good sponsorship deals in the community, but the community businesses would have to step up and make that happen.

It makes me sad there are not more businesses in Murfreesboro stepping up and paying our athletes $$$$. I know Sims has a little something going but most players do not. We need to stop being shy about paying these kids, it's legal now. Let's do it. I'm about to just ask him for his cashapp.

This is exactly what WVU did as well with Country Roads Trust. I think I've mentioned it before on here. Several alumni and execs on the board of it. Works with small businesses but also any fan can go and donate anything to it overall directly on the website.

Looks like with Auburn you can too but they have memberships or tiered donations which I'm not sure would work for us. With WVU you can go donate $20 if you want to. I think something along an any amount scenario would work better in our favor.

I almost had a heart attack this morning when I pulled up the CBS Sports App and they still have the score incorrectly reversed. We were up by six when I went to bed before the final buzzer. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT