MT LOOKS TO STAY HOT AGAINST NO. 27 VANDERBILT TUESDAY

GAME INFORMATION
Hashtag: #BlueRaiders
Twitter: @MT_Baseball (Live Tweets)
Instagram: MT_Baseball
Facebook: MTSU Blue Raider Baseball

Date: Tuesday April 18
Time: 6 p.m.
Teams: Middle Tennessee (19-17) vs. #27 Vanderbilt (22-15)
Stadium: Reese Smith Jr. Field (2,100)
Radio: 92.3 WMOT 2 (Dick Palmer, PxP), (John Callow, Color)
Promotions: National True Blue Day; Student Appreciation Day

Tickets
Live Audio/Video

Projected Starting Pitcher:
Tues: RHP Grant Williams

That was more than embarrassing. Seems Vandy stopped here for some batting practice before going on to Georgia.

I was fearful of an embarrassing loss when we proclaimed last night as an occasion to celebrate our Basketball success (which included a butt-stomping of VU). Even though the basketball game itself was probably not in the minds of players or coaches on either team it just seems as if, historically, the sports gods seem to be ready to "put us in our place" when we make a big deal out of some accomplishment when hosting VU. This goes back in my memory to the first game in The Murph when we made a big deal out of having just signed a highly touted mid-state player to an OVC scholarship (which at the time could be done, only binding to the conference members), introduced him to the packed crowd to huge cheering, only to have him sign later with and play at VU. Total embarrassment to this Blue Raider fan at the time.

The lesson to me was to just play the game like any other and don't go out of your way to promote it or celebrate any accomplishment at the game when hosting VU. It can come back to bite you.

Thought it was going to be the baseball score from last night. We were down 14-0 when we left in the 3rd inning. Brutal.

pulled this from the other thread...

After waiting for nearly an hour and a half for the game to start due to the lightning, I left at the end of the second inning, something I just don't normally do. Body language told me we were done. Plus, in the top of the second, pretty much all the relievers were sent from the dugout to the bullpen, something that I've never seen happen (IIRC), though it probably be a good idea given our pitching staff. But in this instance, this seemed to be more a signal that just about all of them were going to be given a turn, so not to burn up arms for the weekend, not so much to find a reliever to stop the beatdown. I notice that even one of our position players even got a chance on the mound.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT