ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Middle Tennessee @ UTK, 2:30PM, Tuesday, February 27, 2018

bases loaded in top of 8th with no outs and MT couldn't get any runs across and stranded a runner on third in top of ninth as Raiders lose 5-4

We in the world did they take Spencer out in the 4th yesterday?? He had thrown 3 scoreless innings and as soon as they bring in relief, UT starts scoring runs. I believe that is the 3rd time they have taken someone out super early this year when they were pitching quite well.

I played high school baseball and even played college baseball for a year. If someone is pitching well, especially that early in the game, you don't take him out. It makes no sense.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Completely agree MTBig Blue. All I have done is coach 7-12 year old boys haha but I keep my Ace in there if he is hot. Pulling him does not make sense.

We in the world did they take Spencer out in the 4th yesterday?? He had thrown 3 scoreless innings and as soon as they bring in relief, UT starts scoring runs. I believe that is the 3rd time they have taken someone out super early this year when they were pitching quite well.

I played high school baseball and even played college baseball for a year. If someone is pitching well, especially that early in the game, you don't take him out. It makes no sense.

Could be on an early season pitch count. He had walked 5, and struck out 2. I didn’t have a chance to listen, but I assume the pitch count was up there.

Reactions: Hop45
I'm of the opinion you throw the pitch count out if your pitcher is having a good game. Stupid to remove him if he's rocking. Worst case is he gets an extra game rest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT