ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee @Southern Illinois, 7PM, Saturday, November 12, 2022

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
General Information

Founded: 1869 Enrollment: 11,107
Colors: Maroon & White Nickname: Salukis
Series: MTSU leads 4-1
Conference: Missouri Valley
Facility: Banterra Center
Head Coach: Kelly Bond-White Record at SIU: First Season Overall: Same 2021-22 Record: 21-10 2022 Postseason: WNIT, First Round Starters Ret./Lost: 1/4 Letterwinners R/L: 7/7

Venue: Banterra Center (9,000)
Tip-Off Time: 7:00 PM
Radio: WGNS 100.5 FM, 101.9 FM; 1450-AM Talent: Dick Palmer (pxp)
TV: ESPN3

Yep, looks like Mercer game may have woke up the beast. Hope they carry this chip on their shoulder the rest of the year. If so, would not want to be the competition. Go get'em ladies!

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Safe to say we learned our lesson after the Mercer debacle... Raiders are up 42 on Southern Illinois

Update: it's 72-21. This is one of our most dominating wins in recent memory, and it's against last year's Missouri Valley Conference champions.

Update: it's 72-21. This is one of our most dominating wins in recent memory, and it's against last year's Missouri Valley Conference champions.
According to the telecast, they lost their top 3 scorers from last year.

According to the telecast, they lost their top 3 scorers from last year.
Yes, I think they're picked further down in the MVC this year -- Belmont was picked 1st. In any case, this is a D1 team and we are putting a UConn-like performance on them tonight

Reactions: MT Glenn
To Coach,
Listened to your post game comments about how you know the Raider fans love your staff, but to put it a bit differently we feel somewhat salty towards you. 1st of all & to make you feel a little better, the last really happy fan for a whole complete year was probably Bobby Knight's '75-'76 Hoosier team. Why? They went totally undefeated all year. Even with a 1 loss team your going to get a "what was he thinking ?!?!" message board night. Not to speak for every fan, but most of us deep down know these things as well. 1) If we as the average fan want to win, we know you as the coach want to win 100 times more than us. 2) We know you care about your players, your staff, & your fans. 3) We know you want your program on a national stage & your not just here for a paycheck. These are all extremely important to the fan base & we thank you for that. Oh yeah, & finally 4) We also know your stubborn as an ox, & so yes thank you for being flexible on tonight's player rotations, so keep it up! 😉 So good luck & hope you & the ladies have a great rest of the year!

I didn’t catch the postgame, what was said? But I agree with you, all well said. Rick might frustrate me at times with his baffling aversion to timeouts but hey, he’s the coach and I’m just a fan who wants to see him and the ladies succeed and win every game. He’s a hall of famer for a reason and we’re lucky to have him and the entire staff! As frustrating as it may be for us fans to see the team struggle when we can also see their potential, I think we all know and appreciate it’s that much harder for him and a big motivation. Can’t wait to see what the team does this year. Plus, all of these young ladies are getting a tremendous education both academically and in life with the positive family atmosphere we have here. Tonight was a tremendous job by the team, the coaches, all involved. I loved the rotations in the lineup and the fire we had - that’s what we need all year!

Last edited:
Some interesting post game words. Despite 50 point win coach didn't seem overly happy. Part of that could still be the Mercer game gnawing away. Even Alexis came out post game & said the team didn't want it enough. Never heard Rick really acknowledge himself as being stubborn concerning his coaching tactics, but acknowledged tonight's starting lineup change may have played a role in tonight's rout. Maybe someone can download the game including post game comments. Would like to hear other people's thoughts. Nonetheless it was a dominating road win. Whatever may have been said or discussed between players or coaches sure seemed to work

Totally agreed that whatever they worked on as a team seemed to have worked. That performance doesn’t just happen out of nowhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT