ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee @ SFA (Cancun Challenge)(ESPN+), 6:30PM. Friday, November 19, 2021

Doesn’t look like this is happening tonight. Just not enough discipline and can’t hit our shots. Night yall.

Why wont McDevitt recruit some shooters? He recruits athletes but no shooters.

not sure. Guys we are signing with this class are more of the same. Great athletes but poor shooting %’s

I feel like you need a good mixture?

we can’t have this many turn overs every time we play a team with a pulse. We will win very few, if any, games with continued turnovers > assists.

The game would change so much if we could just hit some shots. Gives you time to set up your defense and get into a flow.

Now we look like last years team

compete for 35 minutes then get wrecked the final 5

He is
not sure. Guys we are signing with this class are more of the same. Great athletes but poor shooting %’s

I feel like you need a good mixture?

we can’t have this many turn overs every time we play a team with a pulse. We will win very few, if any, games with continued turnovers > assists.

The game would change so much if we could just hit some shots. Gives you time to set up your defense and get into a flow.

McDevitt seems to be obsessed with having tall guards. He has mentioned it many times. The problem is that there are not many that can shoot, handle, and pass the ball. Normal size guards would suffice, Give me Giddy Potts, Tommy Gunn, Marcus Knight, Raymond Cintron etc over any of these tall guard we have.

Going to be a long year if this team can’t learn to put the ball in the basket. It’s admittedly concerning as well that we are also giving up 90ish points to a WAC school.

I guess we are just not very good.

Weston and T have over half the teams turnovers and they are coming off the bench. Yikes.

They will at least have another terrible opponent up next in Rider who they should be able to physically dominate.

but we are gonna have to figure some things out when it comes to playing good teams. Too many turnovers, too many missed shots.

Reading positive comments and analysis about this team as the season was getting starting, I went ahead and watched this game to see what some of this talk was about. I wish I hadn't. #SOSDD

I'm not knocking fellow commenters, it's understandable to get a little hopeful with the start of a new season and a zero in the loss column. I sort of figured this would likely be a real test for the team to get a feel for what might come this season.

Again, CNM appears to have amassed a decent collection of lean lengthy reasonably athletic players. They appeared to put forth decent effort overall.

Sadly, discipline and toughness were largely absent just like most every other game of CNM's tenure. Shoot selection is atrocious, as usual. The obvious scout is to let MT jack 3s from the perimeter especially early in the shot clock. This continues to be an obvious problem that the coaching staff does not correct.

I suspect these players are decent shooters. CNM seems to recruit mostly long perimeter players that have reasonably decent shooting skills. If anything, they are not strong or wide enough to finish inside. It's just they continuously and constantly take perimeter shots out of the flow of the offense.

I could go on and on. It looked to me just like what has been on display for the last few years. There is no discernable discipline to offensive or defensive structure, eg. players constantly out of position, jacking 3s out of flow of the offense, poor spacing, generally poor weak side help, lack of consistent cutters from the weak side when handler drives into paint, out of control driving to paint, etc etc etc. It's really just a near unwatchable frustrating mess. Aggravatingly, these same problems do not get corrected.

Some nights, the shots will likely fall better than other nights to allow for a few victories along the way. The up and down nature of shooting% will be the master of the fate of this team rather than structure, discipline, and toughness mastering the fate of the team's season. In other words, it appears to be just more of the same.

Reactions: TrueBlue147
Reading positive comments and analysis about this team as the season was getting starting, I went ahead and watched this game to see what some of this talk was about. I wish I hadn't. #SOSDD

I'm not knocking fellow commenters, it's understandable to get a little hopeful with the start of a new season and a zero in the loss column. I sort of figured this would likely be a real test for the team to get a feel for what might come this season.

Again, CNM appears to have amassed a decent collection of lean lengthy reasonably athletic players. They appeared to put forth decent effort overall.

Sadly, discipline and toughness were largely absent just like most every other game of CNM's tenure. Shoot selection is atrocious, as usual. The obvious scout is to let MT jack 3s from the perimeter especially early in the shot clock. This continues to be an obvious problem that the coaching staff does not correct.

I suspect these players are decent shooters. CNM seems to recruit mostly long perimeter players that have reasonably decent shooting skills. If anything, they are not strong or wide enough to finish inside. It's just they continuously and constantly take perimeter shots out of the flow of the offense.

I could go on and on. It looked to me just like what has been on display for the last few years. There is no discernable discipline to offensive or defensive structure, eg. players constantly out of position, jacking 3s out of flow of the offense, poor spacing, generally poor weak side help, lack of consistent cutters from the weak side when handler drives into paint, out of control driving to paint, etc etc etc. It's really just a near unwatchable frustrating mess. Aggravatingly, these same problems do not get corrected.

Some nights, the shots will likely fall better than other nights to allow for a few victories along the way. The up and down nature of shooting% will be the master of the fate of this team rather than structure, discipline, and toughness mastering the fate of the team's season. In other words, it appears to be just more of the same.
They looked bad last night but you definitely took a shot at everyone that was saying they are improved. I don’t think anyone thought they were a great team but definitely improved. They showed flashes last night but clearly were outmatched (SFA is a good team). Overall I think they will likely finish around .500 which I’ll be content with. Rider will be another decent gauge of what we will be.

It would be interesting to know who all is in our “Official Party” headed to the Hard Rock Mayan Riviera with the Men’s BB team right now.

Thanksgiving in Cancun!!!

Reactions: Hop45
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT