ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee @ FIU, 6PM, Thursday, February 17, 2022

Trap game? Don't take the cheese. Don't overlook this game.

Yep, FAU on Saturday is turning out to be a huge showdown for 1st place in the East if MT takes care of business vs FIU tonight. If MT is ready and plays with good effort and smarts with some road toughness, MT certainly can win bigly. I do hope the coaches and team leaders have the other players and team as a whole ready to play this FIU game as the tough road conference game that it is.

If the team is ready to play this game with good effort and toughness in addition to finishing strong, I am highly confident MT will get the W.

Reactions: ewglenn
The text of a couple of the articles are stating that the FAU game is Sunday. The schedule still states Saturday for FAU. Since MT has a game scheduled for Monday, I imagine the Saturday game day still stands. What gives?

The text of a couple of the articles are stating that the FAU game is Sunday. The schedule still states Saturday for FAU. Since MT has a game scheduled for Monday, I imagine the Saturday game day still stands. What gives?

I would go by the schedules

That is what I would think especially with a game also scheduled for Monday. I'm thinking some editing or copying and pasting errors in the text of some of the articles from over at The Murph.

MT up 37-33 at the half.. quick start by Lenard & Buford.. forced 12 FIU TOs and only had 5 TO’s.. everyone is contributing.. MT has been excellent at starting the 2nd halves recently.. hopefully that will continue

Last edited:
Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
UTEP beat LaTech on the road.. gotta take care of FAU on the road first but that Monday home game won’t be as easy as it would’ve been early in the year.. Miners are playing well (aside from that home loss to Marshall the other day)..

More signs of growth. They didn't overlook an opponent that is lower in the standings. They grabbed the win on the road even though they didn't shoot well. Another sign of increasing maturity. Fouling 3 pointers late in the game, or anytime, an area that needs improvement.

FAU and wku later concern me and Charlotte perhaps. but this team has surprised me. We may need some help, but I like the way the take care of business.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT