ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (9-4, 0-0) at Rice (8-3, 0-1), 7PM, Thursday, January 6, 2022

Raiders a 4.5 dog

A college basketball host I follow on VSIN likes Rice up to -7.5. Maybe the line moves that way closer to tip and we get more value on our homer bets. Personally, I see this game as more of a coin flip. Looking hard at a +150 ML play.

Well look sloppy tonight in the first half.
12 days of no team practice.. no one should be totally surprised by some rust.. I expect them to play their way back into where they left off..so far it’s just on the offensive end in regard to shooting- only 3 TO’s

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
And that’s the game. You can’t shoot 30% for the game and have any real expectation of winning a road game in conference.

this team is going to struggle mightily on the road. They remind me of a team full of solid bench players. No real stand outs. Just a bunch of decent players. And bench players rarely play well on the road, they do most all of their damage from home.

so we will get some home Ws but the road victories will be rare. Just not a very good team. No real stand out reliable players that you can count on showing up.

Middle's first FT's in the 2nd half come with 20 seconds left. Wow. Weston goes 1-3 at the line. Needed those

5 FTs for MT to 24 FTs for Rice.. shooting percentages didn’t help MT but that’s a pretty nasty FT difference for any game where a team wasn’t forced to fouling down the stretch

Another indicator of the program moving in a positive direction is that after getting down by double digits late in the contest we managed to cut the lead to, IIRC, one late in the contest. Certainly not a frequent occurrence in the last three years when we would fold up once the opposition got a significant lead.
Perhaps if we had not been off for 14 days and had only resumed practice on Mon.; and had the foul discrepancy not been so great the outcome could have gone our way. We had our chances.

Seriously though. We’re halfway into Season 4 of the McDevitt era saying we’ve improved because we looked rusty from lack of practice and got jobbed by the officiating at……of all places that basketball power, Rice? 😂😂

33-65 (.336), 15-37 (.288)

Last edited:
Leading at halftime? I'll have whatever you were drinking Thursday night..
Oops! I was at work last night and thought I saw an update that we were leading at the half. Maybe that was the WBB score. In this case, instead of the needle not moving with me on our MBB program, the needle flickered for second and is right back at 0 like it has been for the past 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT