ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (6-3, 1-0) @ Belmont (5-4, 1-1) (ESPN+), 4PM, Saturday, December 10, 2022

Incredible road win. How many teams could shoot 15-30 from the free throw line & still win at Belmont. So dominant in OT. All in all, a pretty good day for MT basketball. Wins on the road against both the AAC & the Missouri Valley same day is hard to beat

Reactions: tyler90wm
Big win! Congratulations to the players and coaches. Amazing what they can do when they play with great effort and intensity!

Lenard and King are emerging to become leading almost elite players. Dishman with the double-double, just his typical impressive play. Weston even looked improved. It looked like Weston was playing more within himself. Bufford is really adding something to the team.

Other than the one terrible foul on the 3pt shooter at the end of first, the team looked like they cleaned up the other usually more egregious undisciplined plays. For example, Lenard may have fouled out, but it is notable that he did not get any technicals. That was good for him for a competitive game vs a local rival.

FTs. I don't even know what to say about that. Certainly, they are trying something to significantly improve their FT shooting.

Anybody hear anything on Coleman-Jones? I hated seeing him in a boot. Can that guy get a break?

McD is 57-76 now. 20 games left so still could technically hit .500 before the end of regular season, but highly unlikely. But still can hit it by end of tournament and should..."should"...finish season above .500. Hell of a turnaround in 2yrs considering he was 24-62 after year 3.

FTs. I don't even know what to say about that. Certainly, they are trying something to significantly improve their FT shooting.

Anybody hear anything on Coleman-Jones? I hated seeing him in a boot. Can that guy get a break?
Dnj article on the game said that he sprained his ankle in practice. Hopefully it wasn't a bad one and he will be back in a couple of weeks.

Dnj article on the game said that he sprained his ankle in practice. Hopefully it wasn't a bad one and he will be back in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for the update.

I like the energy he seems to bring to the team. Just my observation from afar, but it seems like he tries to provide some leadership to the team. I'm curious to see what kind impact he might have if he can get healthy, in game shape, and in the flow of the games with the team. It looks like he might have the potential to be a high impact player if healthy and working out the rust.

I’ll say it. CNM may have something going with this bunch. They hit 3’s, Dishman is a beast in the paint and they blocked shots it seemed on every Belmont possession. If they get their free throw shooting fixed they just might run through CUSA like they did Belmont. Fun team to watch if you like dunks and blocked shots.

I loved watching them turn on the jets in OT. I was worried when Belmont hit that last second 3 to go into OT but it just seemed like MT woke up and just went off after that. Those dunks in traffic were awesome.

Glad to see Lenard, Jr break out of his early season slow start. His freshman raw abilities are transitioning into 2nd year star power. I know we discussed it earlier in the year, but a few more games like his Belmont & St Bonnie's performance are going to really bring out the NIL vultures. Despite having T for probably only another 20+ games we should take the time to enjoy his continued development. He's turning into the hard nosed on the floor leader this team needs.

Is there an updated link to the NIL store? I found an old link, but it did not work. Need to buy something to support T Lenard ;)

Reactions: subkyle
Is there an updated link to the NIL store? I found an old link, but it did not work. Need to buy something to support T Lenard ;)
I didn’t even realize there was such a thing! Yes please someone post the link if possible. I’ll start buying all kinds of crap from our Bball boys

I didn’t even realize there was such a thing! Yes please someone post the link if possible. I’ll start buying all kinds of crap from our Bball boys
I just tweeted out to Lee and Chris to ask them. Lee usually responds pretty quick. Once he does I'll post it here.

Reactions: subkyle and Hop45
Are the links on the tweet/site working for anyone else? Im getting 404 errors
It's down for now. Was only up for a few weeks. Apparently it isn't a permanent store and constantly will be in/out of being active based on the season.

The initial store was only up for maybe 3 weeks or so. Not long at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT