ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (5-5, 2-4) vs FAU (5-5, 4-2) (Senior Day), ESPN+, 2:30PM, Saturday, November 19, 2022

Can you believe coach 500 actually suggested that the shortened covid schedule robbed us of bowl eligibility that season? We are so screwed to have this clown under a lifetime contract.
We were 3-6 with games against Duke, UAB, UCONN, Virginia Tech, and Indiana State canceled.

Duke finished 2-9. Let's say win
UAB 6-3 won champ...loss

That's 7 losses there dude. We got whipped by Marshall, Army, once by Troy, and took two OTs to beat Rice that if I remember required a doink to even bring to OT.

No way we would've won 6 games. Covid or not.

We were 3-6 with games against Duke, UAB, UCONN, Virginia Tech, and Indiana State canceled.

Duke finished 2-9. Let's say win
UAB 6-3 won champ...loss

That's 7 losses there dude. We got whipped by Marshall, Army, once by Troy, and took two OTs to beat Rice that if I remember required a doink to even bring to OT.

No way we would've won 6 games. Covid or not.
Wasn't the Rice game either a triple or quadruple doink?

As you said, no way we would've won 6. We were really bad that year.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
18:30 mark, Murphy talks about FAU, includes Stockstill clip and comments...

Jeff Murphy. Sometimes I like what he is saying, other times he comes across as obnoxious. On one hand he will complain about attendance, but look into a 30,000 capacity stadium with 3,000 fans in attendance and complain that some of them are wearing SEC gear and say they should stay home. He does however seem to be willing to take shots at the higher ups, just not Stockstill. I do like his involvement in the Group Of Five account, overall I really like what they are doing.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
I couldn’t care less what Murphy or anyone else is saying. If he or others are badmouthing whatever is left of this fan base (and let’s be real here there ain’t much) and can honestly look at themselves in the mirror and say yep crushed that show today then the delusion in this culture runs deep and wide. I haven’t listened to whatever “show” this and don’t intend to.

Bottom line is anyone shilling for a head coach who has been here almost two decades, is .500, and doesn’t have a single conference championship is obviously biased and has a severe conflict of interest. If he or anyone else is doing that then those people just look stupid and have no credibility. Is Murphy the new Baghdad Bob? I would actually feel sorry for them. The 20+ thousand people who actually used to come to the games and no longer do so carries an infinite amount more weight than anything Jeff Murphy or any other mouthpieces like him have to say/

👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇

I couldn’t care less what Murphy or anyone else is saying. If he or others are badmouthing whatever is left of this fan base (and let’s be real here there ain’t much) and can honestly look at themselves in the mirror and say yep crushed that show today then the delusion in this culture runs deep and wide. I haven’t listened to whatever “show” this and don’t intend to.

Bottom line is anyone shilling for a head coach who has been here almost two decades, is .500, and doesn’t have a single conference championship is obviously biased and has a severe conflict of interest. If he or anyone else is doing that then those people just look stupid and have no credibility. Is Murphy the new Baghdad Bob? I would actually feel sorry for them. The 20+ thousand people who actually used to come to the games and no longer do so carries an infinite amount more weight than anything Jeff Murphy or any other mouthpieces like him have to say/

I can't listen to broadcasts with Jeff Murphy anymore. I literally can't take anything this guy says seriously...
The whole "they were loud tagging me during a loss but quiet now" type argument he and many others have made, yeah, holds no weight with me.

Do you see more negative or positive reviews on Amazon?

Do people get on my Ram truck forum to search for happy roses or problems?

Not many get on to pump sunshine. Should we do more, sure. But we absolutely get on to register complaints. It's human nature to handle things that way so their argument that we are "quiet now" doesn't cut it at all.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
The whole "they were loud tagging me during a loss but quiet now" type argument he and many others have made, yeah, holds no weight with me.

Not many get on to pump sunshine. Should we do more, sure. But we absolutely get on to register complaints. It's human nature to handle things that way so their argument that we are "quiet now" doesn't cut it at all.
Who is quiet? Do they seriously think we're like awe shucks. Eatin crow over here now. Give me an f'n break. Just because we beat a couple of bad teams doesn't mean squat. Getting to six wins does not change the trajectory this program is on.

This program has no life. It is quite literally dead. The only people who even care anymore aren't being negative because it's easier to be negative than to be positive. It's because there's nothing to be positive about at all. And there is no positivity, because the entire base sans a few people don't even bother to care about what's happening anymore. Think about this. Most of the base has become so disinterested and disenfranchised that they don't even care to be upset or negative. So they damn sure aren't going to pipe up and act like one or two more wins after we were already eliminated from our conference championship race before Columbus Day in the weakest conference on the planet has suddenly put us on the path to greatness. People are quiet because they don't care anymore. They've just quit on this thing all together. And why is that?

The entire fan base has been told a) the university doesn't care about winning, b) the university doesn't care what we as the people (who spend our money on being present and financially support the program) believe or have to say, and c) has basically had our intelligence insulted just like this clown because they're too ignorant to understand that no one values being average or mediocre. What is the point of competition if you're never going to strive to be the best fish in your pond. It's just pure laziness, incompetence, or both but worse yet were sold a false bill of goods like we're supposed to be so appreciative for the fact we could be worse. What a take. We are quite literally the only school in the US who acts and thinks this way. Legit the only one.

Last edited:

Murphy is a local business owner and knows better than the Sh** he is spewing. If I get great service at his Deli, I probably will tell him or leave a positive comment on Social media. However, if I get terrible service I’m dang sure gonna let some one know that the product was sub par and probably not come back. Most customers that leave due to bad service leave quietly. That is where I’m at.
Agree with MT01
People are quiet because they don't care anymore. They've just quit on this thing all together.

Jeff Murphy couldn't win jack here. Did he even win a game as.a starter? John Urzua was better than him and Urzua was bad. Really bad. Murphy couldn't even beat a pathetic Memphis team in 2010. He's paid by MT. He's not gonna be objective. When he grows up in 10 years, he'll stop wasting his time worshiping a basic 6-6 yearly coach. He's never ran a business. If he had, he would never reward a basic performer with a lifetime contract. That's what we are saying. Yes, Stock has won games. A few were good wins. However, if no one is going to the games and no one is donating money, he's a liability.

Jackson St. has more national brand recognition than we do right now. Coach Prime is on every major media outlet in the country. He is exciting to watch and listen to. MT can't get more than 3 dudes to show up for a Zoom press conference and 2 of them work for the f'ing school. If that doesn't say a change is needed, nothing will. The HC has to promote and grow the brand. A good HC is a ringleader, a fight promoter and a marketing strategist all rolled into to one on top plus a good X and O coach. Again, if you are losing donations, attendance and press coverage then it's a bad business move to have him. Murphy can talk all the shit he wants but he's a kid still. (basically) If he was that smart, he would have ran for that first down to beat Memphis in the 4th.

......A good HC is a ringleader, a fight promoter and a marketing strategist all rolled into to one on top plus a good X and O coach. Again, if you are losing donations, attendance and press coverage then it's a bad business move to have him.....
Bingo. It's that or winning. If he is winning 3 out of every 4 conference champs and never lost a bowl, and averages 10 wins a year, no one would give a hoot he is awful at press junkets and boring to listen to on the coach's show. No one would care he hates student interaction at the KUC etc. The stadium would be filled and $ rolling in due to winning.

But he isn't, which is why he hasn't been taken by another school, and the coach should therefore be a marketer. Be out in the town three times as much as Lee and truly be the face of the program. Comfortable walking the middle of campus high fiving everyone. Able to smooth talk every donor big and small.

He isn't either a champ coach or a marketer and we are where we are.

Bingo. It's that or winning. If he is winning 3 out of every 4 conference champs and never lost a bowl, and averages 10 wins a year, no one would give a hoot he is awful at press junkets and boring to listen to on the coach's show. No one would care he hates student interaction at the KUC etc. The stadium would be filled and $ rolling in due to winning.

But he isn't, which is why he hasn't been taken by another school, and the coach should therefore be a marketer. Be out in the town three times as much as Lee and truly be the face of the program. Comfortable walking the middle of campus high fiving everyone. Able to smooth talk every donor big and small.

He isn't either a champ coach or a marketer and we are where we are.
Well, if he's promoting well, he's recruiting well. If he's recruiting well, he's coaching well because he's got exciting position coaches who are like minded and hungry. That adds up to winning. It's all connected. When you are a marketing minded person, the sense of urgency is always there. You never keep basic performers on staff. Your livelyhood is at risk. They don't get it done, they gotta go. Stock would be 5 times the coach he is just by letting go of some boat anchors that he has on staff. He's stagnant and so is the program.

Last edited:
"You have to look at the entirety of the situation"

"Just stop complaining"

Murphy and the rest are like used car salesmen trying to push a really bad product. They have an awful product to sell and they're blaming their customer base for not wanting the crap they are pushing.

I listened to and posted that video just because I knew the crapola they would spew. If they were to 'look at the entirety of the situation' they would realize that Stock 'the good guy he is' is a freaking terrible head coach instead of making excuses. A good coach would not have lost SEVEN out of the last 8 games to Western. Coach .500 can't even do that against our 'rival'

The fans who are no longer coming and buying tickets gave up years ago, because Massaro and McPhee don't care and have been resting on the laurels of getting a CUSA invite a decade ago.

• Haha
Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Last MTSU drive from the official play chart in the box score. 😂

Mt
1-10​
at Mt26MIDDLE TENNESSEE drive start at 03:10.
Mt
1-10​
at Mt2612-Murphy, Jeff pass complete to 80-Andrews, G. for 4 yards to the MT30 (29-WASHINGTON, T.).
Mt
2-6​
at Mt302-Cunningham, B. rush for 5 yards to the MT35 (1-BALL, Marcus).
Mt
3-1​
at Mt3512-Murphy, Jeff pass incomplete to 37-Turner, Harold.
Mt
4-1​
at Mt3512-Murphy, Jeff rush for loss of 2 yards to the MT33 (50-BOWENS, Winston).
Drive: 4 plays, 7 yards, TOP 01:25
Memphis
1-10​
at Mt33UNIV. OF MEMPHIS drive start at 01:45.
Memphis
1-10​
at Mt333-RAY, Gregory rush for no gain to the MT33 (47-Smith, Dwight).
Memphis
2-10​
at Mt33Timeout Middle Tennessee, clock 01:40.
Memphis
2-10​
at Mt3322-RHODES, Jerrell rush for 7 yards to the MT26 (20-Kellem, Jeremy).
Memphis
3-3​
at Mt26Timeout Middle Tennessee, clock 01:35.
Memphis
3-3​
at Mt2622-RHODES, Jerrell rush for 4 yards to the MT22, 1ST DOWN MEMPHIS (33-Brown, Kevin;94-Tucker, Gary).
Memphis
1-10​
at Mt22TM-Team rush for loss of 1 yard to the MT23.
Memphis
2-11​
at Mt23TM-Team rush for loss of 2 yards to the MT25.
Memphis
3-13​
at Mt25End of game, clock 00:00.
Drive: 5 plays, 8 yards, TOP 01:45
FINAL SCORE
Univ. of Memphis 24, Middle Tennessee 17

I was there and remember him having a ton of room to run and he passes intead. It was probably that 3rd and 1 play. It was a mess. I know that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT