ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (5-5, 2-4) vs FAU (5-5, 4-2) (Senior Day), ESPN+, 2:30PM, Saturday, November 19, 2022

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country

General Information

Founded: 1961 Enrollment: 30,000
Colors: Blue and Red Nickname: Owls
Series: MT leads 13-5
Stadium: FAU (29,495)
Head Coach: Willie Taggart (WKU, 1998) Record at FAU: 10-11 (3rd) Overall: 66-73 (13th)
2021 Record: 5-7 (3-5) 2021 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 16/10 Lettermen R/L: 45/25

Last edited:
I think the line is probably about right, but this may be the one conference matchup where Stockstill is not over matched by the opposing coach.

Indeed. I've never understood the allure of Taggart as a HC. I wouldn't hire him to coach a peewee team. He's been awful at nearly every stop, and only had a few good seasons at WKU because of some really talented players that carried him to victory. He got completely exposed at the Power 5 level, and he's always good for 2-3 losses every season in games his teams should be winning at the G5 level.

I'm not going to comment on this weekend's game because I simply don't care what the result is, but expect a game of coaching hot potato with the hot potato being a W.

I'll be there but a large part of me is bummed out about it.

Trip has been talked about for a while and this was the weekend that worked. Bringing my cousin and brother-in-law who have never been to campus. Want to show them around and bring them back after the upgrades. Excited about that part.

What doesn't excite me is the field product and therefore attendance and specifically atmosphere. One is WVU and the other UT. Both used to thousands upon thousands, even in a down year. When we go to WVU games we scream for every first down. "WVU, first down". Stand and scream during defensive third downs. Stand the entire 4th qtr. My last two home games at MT, if I were to scream anything, literally every player and Chip in the booth would be able to hear me. ESPN probably pumps in audience sound during games.

My chance to show two of my best friends my college and not expecting a ruckus atmosphere. Kinda sucks. Makes you not ashamed of the school. Never on that. But definitely ashamed of the football program and what it has become. Going to focus on the good things and just hanging out. Trying out beer garden, be my first Raider Walk, and hoping to tailgate some even if it's sandwiches in Greenland lot. Lol. Also going to be meeting Lee and some of his team in person. (Really can't say enough about him)

It's honestly really sad what the football program has become and the, to me, low standard that has been set as acceptable. Visiting Nashville has become the highlight and the game something to do, instead of the other way around. A D1 FBS football game should always be a highlight. I breathe college football. Sadly at my alma mater it isn't right now.

Can't even buy tickets in my old section 2HH! Bet they are trying to fill the lower bowl first. From the look of the last game there were not many in the upper deck anyways. Oh well if I decide to go i'll just do a walk up, doubt there will be much of a line.

Can't even buy tickets in my old section 2HH! Bet they are trying to fill the lower bowl first. From the look of the last game there were not many in the upper deck anyways. Oh well if I decide to go i'll just do a walk up, doubt there will be much of a line.
Based on the crowd shots from last week, you could probably buy a General Admission ticket and they’ll beg you to sit in the empty blue chairbacks for TV.

Last edited:
They sent out 4 free tickets to every BRAA member in Tennessee. Email didn't say which section though.

Recognizing BRAA 10yr+ members between quarters too.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
They sent out 4 free tickets to every BRAA member in Tennessee. Email didn't say which section though.

That should pack em in.
So, we have resorted to giving Free tickets to the official philanthropic arm of Blue Raider Athletics.
Maybe one of them will wear a Fire Stock or #embracethehump T shirt as he is introduced between quarters
Of course, if he does, no one will see it.

Last edited:

My 4 seats were in the end zone. I give Lee and his team credit. They are trying, thinking outside the box. But they are trying to sell a product that has zero demand. At least the basketball program has a pulse again.

My 4 seats were in the end zone. I give Lee and his team credit. They are trying, thinking outside the box. But they are trying to sell a product that has zero demand. At least the basketball program has a pulse again.
100% they are trying. Which is more than has been done the last decade.

But they have a long tall hill to climb until the field product improves to bring excitement or a new coach comes in to bring excitement.

Reactions: Hop45 and ewglenn
Lee and his team them are trying, absolutely... But I'm not going to keep buying the same rotten product...

Unload Stock and I'd happily buy a couple season tix. Just to help pay the buyout if nothing else. Believe me, I long for the day when I can no longer call myself disgruntled.

I know I could reach out to Lee and he would sweet talk my wife and I into going to a game, then we go and it be same garbage as in years past. What's the point?

We all know what's going to happen with this regime. I'm too lazy to do it, but it would be interesting to go through the threads from start of the season and see how accurate everyone is.

We should have been using RBs in the passing game more this year.

that pick was so unnecessary. No reason to not be up 31-7 right now. Dumb penalty and an ill advised throw is the only reason FAU is in this game.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
ADVERTISEMENT