ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-6, 2-3) vs Rice (0-9,0-5), 3:30PM, Saturday, November 16, 2019

I am glad I won't have to hear the athletic department tout 'bowl eligibilty' this season, and I won't be spending my money on bowl tickets and a bowl trip and glad I won't have to sit through an embarrassing blow out loss in some God forsaken bowl.

This is Chris Massaro's mess and he needs to make some changes or he needs to go.

I am glad I won't have to hear the athletic department tout 'bowl eligibilty' this season, and I won't be spending my money on bowl tickets and a bowl trip and glad I won't have to sit through an embarrassing blow out loss in some God forsaken bowl.

This is Chris Massaro's mess and he needs to make some changes or he needs to go.
I agree. CM is going to have to run off some assistants himself if Stockstill won’t pull the trigger on his buddies. West needs to go. Polly needs to go. Mallory needs to go and Franklin needs to go. The game has passed them by and they can’t or won’t recruit.

Shafer would be the only one I’d keep.

Reactions: MarJac23 and Blue_H
Just wait until they post the “Players of the game”. I’m sorry. I know the boys played hard but if you lose, the team has no business picking players of the game. That’s always been an annoyance of mine. Now especially losing to a winless team.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I painfully watched the post game presser.

Stock just looks debilitated. Exhausted. Just at a loss for it all.

It's time for him to go. He's probably as good a man to ever hold the position but he's lost the fans with an assist from the AD.

I've been buying season tickets since Boots' first season in 1979 and I don't know that I can stand another season of this garbage.

I painfully watched the post game presser.

Stock just looks debilitated. Exhausted. Just at a loss for it all.

He's more than welcome to GTFO of town....but no way he's walking away from that golden parachute contract.

Must be nice to be absolute @$$ at your job and collect high six figures with no worry about getting fired.

He's more than welcome to GTFO of town....but no way he's walking away from that golden parachute contract.

Must be nice to be absolute @$$ at your job and collect high six figures with no worry about getting fired.

It would be a little different if we all thought he was out hustling but was still coming up short in the win column. Instead he hires his old buddies and they sit around on his staff sucking up athletic dept revenue with their salaries not contributing in the least bit. It's like we are an assisted living football program where old coaches come here and make money a few years, doing very little, before they "officially" retire. All paid for by the Middle Tennessee fan, booster, and student.

I hated to no show to my tailgate buddy’s invitation after taking a tumble down my stairs yesterday. But I’m glad that I chose not to limp over to Floyd to see that mess today.
What a shame. This is definitely gonna be a tense week in the Murphy Center.
Hope you doing well. I was there and felt like I tumbled down stairs.

It would be a little different if we all thought he was out hustling but was still coming up short in the win column. Instead he hires his old buddies and they sit around on his staff sucking up athletic dept revenue with their salaries not contributing in the least bit. It's like we are an assisted living football program where old coaches come here and make money a few years, doing very little, before they "officially" retire. All paid for by the Middle Tennessee fan, booster, and student.

And taxpayer. West is only on staff so he can make his state years

Reactions: SpaceRaider
So glad I bet on Rice. Another 5 bills. I'm gonna buy myself something pretty. I just knew we were gonna lay a turd. This QB and D is just awful. Easy money.

Stock really should have hung it up relatively on top on last year. Yesterday was about an all time low. No one in the stands after getting blown out in the first half and still getting the L. He's got to be financially set. He just needs to hang it up. First time I've said this, but I've got tickets to next week's game and I'm sitting this one out.

Reactions: blueraiderJT
Stock really should have hung it up relatively on top on last year. Yesterday was about an all time low. No one in the stands after getting blown out in the first half and still getting the L. He's got to be financially set. He just needs to hang it up. First time I've said this, but I've got tickets to next week's game and I'm sitting this one out.

Right, he has been getting well paid for years. At his age, I imagine he set for a comfortable retirement. Why continue this long nightmare. I would say dumpster fire, but it is well beyond that. There are some charred remains that have already grown cold. It's beyond frustrating the base; it's killing the life in the program at this point with no signs of improvement in near future.

There is no fun or excitement with MT football. Interest is almost non existent.

A frustrated fanbase is one thing that can corrected by a couple wins. This is altogether different. This has moved to indifference. It's way worse, and a bad place to be for a program. One could argue that this level of indifference requires institutional change.

Last edited:
It's time for him to go. He's probably as good a man to ever hold the position but he's lost the fans with an assist from the AD.

I've been buying season tickets since Boots' first season in 1979 and I don't know that I can stand another season of this garbage.

Right again. Frankly, it was a bad sign when he did not retire at the end of last year. For a few years, it seemed like a natural opportune time for him to retire. I thought there was at least a chance he might have with the end of Brent's playing career. Nope.

It's starting to seem that Brent was the real reason for even the modicum of success MT football achieved the last few years. The offense now is just bad. Real bad. A young QB weekly risks life & limb to scramble and run for his life to just gain a few yards. Other than that, there is next to no offense. The Duke fan comment about MT offense looking like a HS offense was scarily accurate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT