ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-6, 2-3) vs Rice (0-9,0-5), 3:30PM, Saturday, November 16, 2019

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
links are a work in progress

Rice_University_Stadium.jpg

Rice University
Founded: 1912 Enrollment: 7,124 Undergrad 3,992 Postgrad 3,132
Acceptance rate: 15%
Colors: Blue and Gray
Fight song:
Series:
First Meeting
Stadium: Rice (47,000)
Head Coach: Mike Bloomgren (Florida State, 1999)
Record at Rice: 2-11 (2nd) Overall: Same
2018 Record: 2-11 (1-7) 2018 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 14/13 Lettermen R/L: 42/29

Weather Forecast: 54°F Sunny

Where: Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium/Horace Jones Field, 1500 Greenland Dr, Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Stadium Policies: Clear Bag/stadium seat/cushion policy,

Television: ESPN+ (Jake Rose, play-by-play; Alex Myers, analyst; Kaitlyn Runyon, sideline)

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, Murfreesboro – WGNS 1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM; Lynchburg – WDUC 93.9 FM; Nashville – The Game 102.5 FM/97.5 FM; TuneIn

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: LIVE STATS

Newspapers: , , , ,

Message Boards: The Parliament,

Blogs: , ,

Athletic site:
RiceOwls.com, goblueraiders.com, Game Day Central

Media Guides:
, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: ,, Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #99), 2019 SBNation MT Preview

Game Notes:
, MT GAME NOTES

Roster: Owls, Blue Raiders

Game Previews: , ,
Looking ahead to MT and Rice, Rice vs. Middle Tennessee Fearless Prediction, Game Preview

Twitter: @RiceAthletics, @RiceFootball, ,

Hashtags: ,,,

Facebook:
Rice Football,,,

Youtube: ,,, , ,

Instagram: ,

Last edited:
excerpt:

...The Rice Owls visit Floyd Stadium in Murfreesboro, Tennessee on Saturday to play the Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders. The Owls had a bye in Week 11 and lost to the Marshall Thundering Herd 20-7 during Week 10. Rice fell to 0-9 with the loss. JoVoni Johnson threw for 97 yards and one touchdown for Rice in the loss. The Owls trailed at the half 17-7 but did not score after halftime.

JoVoni Johnson leads Rice in passing with 97 yards and one touchdown. Aston Walter has rushed 509 yards and five touchdowns to lead Rice. Austin Trammell is the leading receiver with 559 yards and three touchdowns. The leading tackler for Rice is Blaze Alldredge with 74.

Middle Tennessee State fell to 3-6 following its 34-20 loss a week ago to Charlotte. The Blue Raiders had a bye week this week. Asher O’Hara threw for 118 yards and rushed for 148 yards and two touchdowns in the loss. Jimmy Marshal caught a 10-yard touchdown pass.

Asher O’Hara leads Middle Tennessee with 1,770 yards passing, 13 touchdowns and six interceptions. O’Hara is the leading rusher for the Blue Raiders with 757 yards and seven touchdowns. Jarrin Pierce is the leading receiver with 414 yards and two touchdowns. Jovante Moffatt leads all tacklers for Middle Tennessee with 74.

Rice is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 on the road

The UNDER has cashed in 3 of the Owls last 4 in November

Middle Tennessee State is 6-1 ATS in its last 6 in November

The OVER has cashed in 7 of the Blue Raiders last 11

Rice is winless for the season and it appears the Owls will remain that way at least through their game with Middle Tennessee State. The Owls have failed to cover each of the last 4 overall and 5 of the last 7 versus an opponent with a losing record. Middle Tennessee State has covered the number in 6 of the last 7 versus an opponent with a losing record. Final Score Prediction, Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders win and cover ATS 31-14.....

This is the type of game in November that we usually win.
Rice is 0-9... if MT doesn't win then Stockstill deserves to be fired (but won't) on the spot.

As long as the APR is high then McPhee is happy (which means he ain't firing anyone) and we know McPhee ain't going anywhere...

I figure Stockstill will retire from MT within the next 20 years as will Massaro and McPhee.

Last edited:
I can't be at the game due to my niece getting married today with all the family in...good luck Blue Raiders - pound on them Owls.

I think it’s entirely possible we lose. Rice has been so close to winning in a good number of games...

a couple of interesting things about Rice University is it was established one year after Middle Tennessee was established. I found that extremely surprising.

Also, Rice has an endowment of $6.278 billion...
:eek:

We will pull it out today, thump ODU, and then get boat raced by wkcc. They have been getting better each week.

The fumble looked like it was caused by the ground... 3 pts for rice

The fumble looked like it was caused by the ground... 3 pts for rice

I know. Why does replay never take extra look at our home games?

And for the love of God heaven forbid CRS ever actually challenge. Does he not know he can do that? So damn frustrating watch him do the same inane things week after week.

Pretty much.

Thank god basketball season has arrived. I actually forgot we even had a game today. Just don't care anymore. Garbage program. Garbage leadership. Zero desire to improve.

looking like stuckstill won't get to lose a bowl game this winter

As I posted elsewhere...Utter and complete embarrassment. Give up 31 pts to a team in one half that's averaging half that and hasn't scored that in one full game all season.

This is an epic all time low for this program. Rick Stockstill should be fired at halftime and not even allowed to come out of the tunnel for the second half.

As I posted elsewhere...Utter and complete embarrassment. Give up 31 pts to a team in one half that's averaging half that and hasn't scored that in one full game all season.

This is an epic all time low for this program. Rick Stockstill should be fired at halftime and not even allowed to come out of the tunnel for the second half.

I kind of look forward to how mediocre massaro spin this. “Rick’s team competed today. After the impossible schedule I set up early, his team was beat down and gallantly fought against a conference opponent. Let’s face it, at 0-9, Rice was due to win one. I think Rick has shown in the past what he is about, so I am using this game to announce a 6 year contract extension. Let’s look forward to next week, we need the fans in the stands. #EATT”

Actually, mediocre Massaro will say nothing. He has shown he does not care what fans think. Plus, we don’t have a media presence that will hold him/Stock accountable.

I can’t respect a man who refuses to publicly address concerns that, unless he is a moron, he has to be aware of.

I expect silence because Massaro shows no leadership and lacks the intestinal fortitude to publicly stand up for his decisions.

But, hey, MT has a great APR and that makes 7-wood happy. Stuckstill ain't going anywhere.

"It's hard when you have X amounts of injuries....." "We are missing X number of scholarship players since the season started....."

Same ole song and dance. Same ole results. Crappy teams, no championships, poor preparation, lack of talent on the field.....I've read this book, about 15 times now.

"It's hard when you have X amounts of injuries....." "We are missing X number of scholarship players since the season started....."

Same ole song and dance. Same ole results. Crappy teams, no championships, poor preparation, lack of talent on the field.....I've read this book, about 15 times now.

We'll get the same thing again next year. And the next.....and the next....and so on and so forth

So glad I bet on Rice. Another 5 bills. I'm gonna buy myself something pretty. I just knew we were gonna lay a turd. This QB and D is just awful.

I hated to no show to my tailgate buddy’s invitation after taking a tumble down my stairs yesterday. But I’m glad that I chose not to limp over to Floyd to see that mess today.
What a shame. This is definitely gonna be a tense week in the Murphy Center.

ADVERTISEMENT