ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (25-4, 15-1) vs FIU (6-23, 2-14), ESPN3, 6:30PM, Thursday, March 2, 2017

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Middle Tennessee (25-4, 15-1 C-USA) vs. FIU Panthers (6-23, 2-14 C-USA)

Date: Thursday, March 2

Tip-Off: 6:30 p.m. CT
Purchase tickets here or call 615-898-5261

TV:
None
Online Streaming: ESPN3
Must have valid cable log-in to watch live stream

LIVE STATS

Radio: 1450 AM, 94.9 FM, 95.1 FM, 100.5 FM, 101.9 FM
Free Audio: Click here

Series Record:
37th meeting; MT leads series 28-8
Last Meeting: January 19, 2017 (MT 65, FIU 52)

Rosters: MT / FIU

warren nolan live rpi: MT #31 / FIU #343

Live-RPI.com: MT #31 / FIU #343

Sagarin: MT #62 / FIU #316

Pomeroy: MT #48 / FIU #297

KPI: MT #32 / FIU #340

ESPN BPI: MT #51 / FIU #300

Last edited:
excerpt:

...The FIU Golden Panthers and Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders meet Thursday in college basketball action at the Murphy Athletic Center.

The FIU Golden Panthers could use a win here after losing 10 of their last 12 games. The FIU Golden Panthers are averaging 70.4 points on 45.2 percent shooting and allowing 74.3 points on 47.1 percent shooting. Donte McGill is averaging 19 points and 3.6 rebounds while Michael Kessens is averaging 12.9 points and 1.2 assists. Eric Nottage is the third double-digit scorer and Elmo Stephen is grabbing 2.5 rebounds. The FIU Golden Panthers are shooting 33.3 percent from beyond the arc and 74.9 percent from the free throw line. The FIU Golden Panthers are allowing 36.5 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 34 rebounds per game. The FIU Golden Panthers haven’t won a road game in over a year.

The Middle Tennessee look to stay hot after winning 10 of their last 11 games. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are averaging 73.7 points on 48.5 percent shooting and allowing 63.1 points on 42.1 percent shooting. JaCorey Williams is averaging 17.4 points and 7.5 rebounds while Giddy Potts is averaging 15 points and 1.9 assists. Reggie Upshaw is the third double-digit scorer and Tyrik Dixon is grabbing 2.6 rebounds. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are shooting 36.9 percent from beyond the arc and 68.4 percent from the free throw line. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are allowing 32.5 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 35.2 rebounds per game. The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders have won seven straight home games.

The Golden Panthers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 Thursday games and 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games overall. The Blue Raiders are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 home games and 19-7 ATS in their last 26 games overall. The Golden Panthers are 6-2 ATS in the last 8 meetings and the under is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings.

The FIU Golden Panthers haven't won many games this year and have been awful on the road this season, but they have been able to hang around in their losses, which includes their previous meeting against Middle Tennessee. The Blue Raiders are by far the better team, but this is a ton of points to lay.....

at large chances gonna go out the window if this keeps up - this team loves to perform disappearing acts at the best of times

Last edited:
I cut the cable cord years ago. The audio broadcast doesn't work. Any options to hear this debacle?

What in the hell is going on ? How could you be down 14-0 and 20-1 to a team that is ranked 344 in the RPI at home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you guys were to lose this game I think your RPI would drop from 31 to something like 61. I think your RPI is going to drop from 31 to like 38 even with a win.

Survive and advance!! As long as it's a win, that is the name of the game right now. Things are still good.

Had to choke down some vomit a couple times, but finished the race. If this game is any indication I am getting my blood pressure med regulated before the tournament.

Very disappointed with the first quarter of the game. That is about the best example of a team coming into a game not focused because they think they are that much better. We better not head back down to Alabama with that attitude.

That was about one half of what I dread. You had an opposing player, nottage, playing well beyond what is to be expected, a career type performance and our players coming out not ready to play. Only thing missing was a @uab crew of officials to finish us off. I hope we don't see another performance like that this season. If it had been any other team in conference, MT loses that game.

It's good that this performance happened right now. We will hit the practice floor and right the wrongs. We always do. I think since we won the CUSA so early, we might have lost our focus a bit and this was FIU's superbowl. When you have a target on your back, other teams are gonna play their tails off trying to knock you off.

With all of that said, a lesser team would have quit. We came back from a 17 point deficit to win. FIU played outside of themselves. They held us to 65 points the last time we played them. Also, look at their schedule, they have a lot of close losses and I mean a lot. I'm talking at least 6-7 3 point losses. They lost by a point to UTEP. Just because their record isn't great doesn't meant they aren't tough. They are missing 1-2 key players. If they pick up a good recruit, they will be formidable next year.

Glad we won. 26-4 is a great accomplishment no matter how you slice it. We should pick up our game on Saturday. Go Blue!

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT