ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (24-7, 16-3) vs. Vermont (27-7, 15-1), 7PM, Tuesday, March 13, 2018

well that was a good response thus far in the 2nd quarter. these refs calling some cheap fouls on us, as usual.

we need to win this game and have a good NIT tournament so we can have some momentum for our coaching search and moving forward.

i just really hope none of our players transfer or request out of their LOI. Retaining Ronnie Hamilton is key.

NKU giving Louisville all they want and more.

45-44 Loserville up 1 with 10 minutes to go. Would be amazing to see NKU win that one so we can potentially get another home game.

These officials kinda suck.

TBH's has gotten to 2nd base with Giddy Potts a few times - should buy him dinner first.

Reactions: Hop45
We outscored them 25-12 in the 2nd quarter. Our zone gave them a fit. I think we blow them out now.

Second half line is MT -1. Vegas still giving Vermont a great chance. I don't see it.

We are physically dominate to them. We need to impose our will on them. Attack to get these guys in foul trouble.

Our back side defender in the zone has to keep an eye out for the back door cut. We gave up too many back door cuts for easy buckets.

They just can't handle the zone and our physical presence. Total domination. Loving it.

The longer we can keep this run going, the better chance we have of Kermit getting cold feet. Keep rolling boys! Game at Louisville is gonna be tough.

WKU is blasting Boston College as well.

Perhaps CUSA is stronger than the committee would have liked to think......MF'ers, a 3 seed? Really?

Reactions: C-Bow
Maybe the best part of this was Nick getting out of his funk in the second half.

For some reason I feel we may host a quarterfinal game. Just a feeling

We just DESTROYED a very good Vermont team. Such an impressive win. That was Vermont's worse loss of the year by far and they have played multiple Blue Bloods this year.

Very, very impressive. Looked like an NCAA tournament team out there.........

That "We Want Kermit" chant should've lasted the entire second half..

Great performance by MT. Kermit admitted they practiced so bad yesterday that they cut things short.

Giddy was amazing out there. Great sendoff for those seniors.

I've won a lot of money gambling this year (Best year I've ever had after 3 losing years)...but it's not enough for a coach, lol.

To the NCAA selection committee and tourney.

facebook-middle-finger.jpg

And to we have to go to UL? Another screw job

To Louisville for an away game could be a whole lot worse. Pretty close to home in the grand scheme of all the D1 programs.

Speaking of screw jobs, we could be WKU getting ready to travel all the way across the country to Southern Cal to play the top seed who took 2 OTs to beat bottom seed UNC-Ashville!

Isn't the Boatwright cat from USC out here at the end of the season? With him out, WKU could about make the argument that they should have the higher seed and home game. That Boatwright guy could not be stopped by MT out in Hawaii. USC had a few top flight players. Boatwright at about 6-11 could score from anywhere on the floor including shooting the 3 well. Without that dude, WKU just might have a pretty good chance.

So Kermit told the broadcasters he made his decision, but he is not going to tell them?

I cannot see a coach staying and not ending the speculation.

I have to say, I found that sort of comment and situation to be past it's due date in this highly connected near instantaneous communication era. I get Kermit is old school which has been excellent for MT; I guess he is still old school in some of those old coaching approaches with the media.

Count me in also as one who would find it hard to believe Kermit would let that kind of speculation continue unabated if he were actually staying. Kermit has generally been pretty open and straight forward generally speaking when it comes to the media. At this point, it's all getting to be pretty obvious to not go ahead and acknowledge the big elephant in the room. Unless Kermit is trolling us hard and is planning on staying.

For what it’s worth, Louisville players voted to not accept an NIT bid — but the school had already done the paperwork, so it was either forfeit or play. Needless to say I think we have a serious shot to beat them. Hope everyone can make it up for the game.

That was a game...a complete beat down. Fun to watch. Good send-off for the Frog Man...unless somehow we host another game, which would mean we beat Louisville and either Mississippi State (#4 seed) or Nebraska (#5 seed) upsets top-seeded Baylor in region 2.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/ncaa-tournament/brackets/viewable_nit
It's entirely possible. Baylor isn't particularly good, and either MSU or Nebraska would be able to beat them. I hope it's Mississippi State so we can have Kermit play his alma mater before leaving to HC at Ole Miss. That would be quite the sight lol

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT