ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee 20-5, 12-1) @ S. Miss(13-13, 6-7) (Stadium FB), 7PM, Thursday, February 15, 2018

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Southern Miss
Series:
MT leads 8-1
Founded: 1910 Enrollment: 14,845 Colors: Black & Gold Nickname: Golden Eagles
Facility: Reed Green Coliseum (8,095)
Head Coach: Doc Sadler Arkansas, 1982 USM Record: 20-63 (3 seasons) Overall Record: 169-170 (11 seasons)
2016-17 Record: 9-22, 6-12 (T-11th C-USA) 2017 Postseason: None
Starters R/L: 3/2 Lettermen R/L: 8/6 Newcomers: 3

Last game: 1/13/18 Results: MT 69-49

.GAME INFORMATION
[Game Notes]

Hashtag: #TrueBlue, #BlueRaiders
Twitter: @MT_MBB
Instagram: MT_MBB
Facebook: MTSUMBB

Date: Thursday, February 15th
Time: 7:00 PM. CT
Match-up: Middle Tennessee (20-5, 12-1) vs. Southern Miss (13-13, 6-7)

Live Video | Live Stats

Last edited:
We need to come out focused in this one. USM is 10-1 at home.

They have no real post presence to speak of, but shoot lights out in their building. In wins over UTEP, UTSA, Rice, and North Texas they scored 85, 93, 86, and 85. Their only home loss was to ODU in a close, low-scoring game in which the Monarchs dictated the pace of play. ODU's style is very similar to ours, so that's a good template to follow.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
excerpt:

...Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders take on the Southern Miss Golden Eagles in a college basketball matchup on Thursday night.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders will be looking to add to their current 7 game winning streak following a 79-73 win over North Texas in their last outing. Nick King led the Blue Raiders with 32 points on 11 of 21 shooting with 3 triples and a team-high 11 rebounds for the double-double. Giddy Potts came 2nd with 15 points while David Simmons added 11 points and Antwain Johnson chipped in 10 points with a team-high 7 assists to round out the scoring in double figures for MTSU in the win. King leads the Blue Raiders with an average of 21.4 points and 8.2 rebounds per game while Tyrik Dixon leads Middle Tennessee in assists with 3.4 assists per game this season. As a team, Middle Tennessee is scoring 74.6 points per game on 46.2% shooting from the field, 35.1% from behind the arc and 74.9% from the foul line this season.

The Southern Miss Golden Eagles will look to find some consistency after splitting their last 12 games, including a 72-54 win over Charlotte in their last outing. Cortez Edwards and Dominic Magee tied for the team-high with 12 points apiece, with Edwards adding 10 rebounds, 6 assists and 5 steals for the double-double. LaDavius Draine added 10 points in 13 minutes to round out the trio of double digit scorers for Southern Miss in the winning effort. Tyree Griffin added 8 points and a team-high 8 assists with 3 steals, but still leads the Golden Eagles with 15.8 points and 5.9 assists per game while Edwards leads Southern Miss in rebounding with 6.2 rebounds per game this season. As a team, Southern Miss is scoring 72.4 points per game on 45.4% shooting from the field, 34.3% from behind the arc and 70.7% from the foul line this season.

Middle Tennessee is 25-12 ATS in their last 37 conference matchups while the under is 6-1 in their last 7 road games and 10-3 in their last 13 games overall. Southern Miss is 20-8 ATS in their last 28 home games and 8-3 ATS in their last 11 conference matchups while the over is 8-1 in their last 9 games following a win....

I think Walter dominates again tonight. He had 19 the last time we played them. We should be going to him all night.

One thing this team knows how to do is close the game out. We played pretty poorly at times and still won by 10.

this team is going to get their clock cleaned at latech if they don't correct things...

I almost think we need a loss to be the team we potentially can be...I know that is crazy but we have been playing some razor close games the last couple of week, maybe we are just getting everyone's best shot.

However, if we win on Saturday I think we win all three at home.

I almost think we need a loss to be the team we potentially can be...I know that is crazy but we have been playing some razor close games the last couple of week, maybe we are just getting everyone's best shot.

However, if we win on Saturday I think we win all three at home.

Unfortunately a loss at this time would likely doom our post season chances if we don't win the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT