ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Middle Tennessee (13-23, 4-8) @ Sam Houston State (21-16, 4-8), April 19-21, 2024

Gonna keep my eyes on this one. My mom went to Sam, I almost went to Sam myself, and one of my college teammates has a son who is a freshman pitcher for the Bearkats. Hoping the Blue Raiders can turn it around this weekend.

Gonna keep my eyes on this one. My mom went to Sam, I almost went to Sam myself, and one of my college teammates has a son who is a freshman pitcher for the Bearkats. Hoping the Blue Raiders can turn it around this weekend.
I want to believe but it appears this year’s squad is back to a level of losing from 5 years ago and Blue Raider Baseball can’t even break .500.

Meanwhile the community college to the north - our core rival - now sits alone in first place. That's starting to sound like a familiar theme. While we plod along, our adversary is winning championships and showing why it's a far better candidate for conference affiliation than we are.

You would think that when the Chair of the Board has his name on the damn baseball stadium that they would do better to put baseball back on solid footing and make easily justifiable decisions. It just shows the level of incompetence of what's happening at the University. Aside from WBB and tennis there isn't much that's looked good at this school for a while.

I remember thinking back 15 years ago that MT was making yet another NCAA Appearance. And I recall thinking about what a quasi-storied program we had then. That was our 13th NCAA Appearance. At the time more than the Vols. More than Vandy. More than other storied, pedigreed non power schools like Southern Miss, FAU, and Coastal Carolina.

That's all flipped now. We haven't been back since. Haven't really been close. And now the program is consistently bringing up the rear. After hiring a coach that couldn't get to the NCAA Tournament in his previous stop as a head coach. I simply just can't get my mind around how these people can be this wrong this often.

Meanwhile the community college to the north - our core rival - now sits alone in first place. That's starting to sound like a familiar theme. While we plod along, our adversary is winning championships and showing why it's a far better candidate for conference affiliation than we are.

You would think that when the Chair of the Board has his name on the damn baseball stadium that they would do better to put baseball back on solid footing and make easily justifiable decisions. It just shows the level of incompetence of what's happening at the University. Aside from WBB and tennis there isn't much that's looked good at this school for a while.

I remember thinking back 15 years ago that MT was making yet another NCAA Appearance. And I recall thinking about what a quasi-storied program we had then. That was our 13th NCAA Appearance. At the time more than the Vols. More than Vandy. More than other storied, pedigreed non power schools like Southern Miss, FAU, and Coastal Carolina.

That's all flipped now. We haven't been back since. Haven't really been close. And now the program is consistently bringing up the rear. After hiring a coach that couldn't get to the NCAA Tournament in his previous stop as a head coach. I simply just can't get my mind around how these people can be this wrong this often.
Just look at the coaching turnover in the revenue sports for WKU vs. MTSU the last 15-20 years.
It’s because they don’t tolerate mediocrity for long and force change or, their coaches are winners who get poached.

Meanwhile, MTSU has become the place to go for long contracts and rollovers until retirement.

The university rewards mediocrity. Football under the last couple of regimes, basketball, baseball. bad hires, undeserved contract extensions. It couldn't be much worse if they were intentionally doing it and allowing it to continue.
I'm telling you it's either gross incompetence or they've perfected the art of athletics department sabotage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT