ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (11-6, 2-2) vs Southern Miss (6-11, 1-3), 1PM, Saturday, January 22, 2022

The East is totally up for grabs. ODU, WKU, and Charlotte all lost last night. FAU beat WKU. So crazily we are in it all for the reg season and decent seeding in the tournament. We need this win and especially the next two on the road.

I think it's a good thing to move the game so as not to conflict with the NFL team in Nashville.

That said; Will changing the game to 1:00 PM give fans time to get home to see the game on TV, much less to the stadium in Nashville should a fan have tickets for both games? I know this long-time season ticket holder has never made it home from a BkB game in less than 1 1/4 hours after final buzzer. With the difficulty exiting the Greenland Drive parking lot after many home games many fans wouldn't get out of the parking lot by the 3:30 kickoff.

If the PTB in Murphy Ctr. really wanted to let all fans from throughout the mid-state ". . . get home in time to watch Kevin" the game should have been rescheduled either for Sunday or 11:00AM. In doing so the clear implication would have been that many MT fans come to BkB games from farther than walking distance from campus.

I think it's a good thing to move the game so as not to conflict with the NFL team in Nashville.

That said; Will changing the game to 1:00 PM give fans time to get home to see the game on TV, much less to the stadium in Nashville should a fan have tickets for both games? I know this long-time season ticket holder has never made it home from a BkB game in less than 1 1/4 hours after final buzzer. With the difficulty exiting the Greenland Drive parking lot after many home games many fans wouldn't get out of the parking lot by the 3:30 kickoff.

If the PTB in Murphy Ctr. really wanted to let all fans from throughout the mid-state ". . . get home in time to watch Kevin" the game should have been rescheduled either for Sunday or 11:00AM. In doing so the clear implication would have been that many MT fans come to BkB games from farther than walking distance from campus.

Or make it a bigger deal and have a watch party for the game. Set up a huge screen, concessions, etc.

Looks like Southern Miss is gonna get their first conference win in the murphy center today

Big yikes

Flat. No energy until Weston came in. He's given us a spark. Everything S Miss throws up goes in!

Win is a win but we are gonna have to learn to hit some 3's. Lord

FJxAwN4WUAINk1Y

Looks like that win over FAU will be a big help. They do the TX swing this weekend while we do the WV/KY.

What has happened toTops basketball? you go on the road and kill ole Miss and Louisville and then get swept by the Fla schools in cusa. Is it Covid related or the seasonal Stansberry’s swoon? Asking for a friend….

I don't think CUSA get's enough credit for the talent and ability that it has. We don't do ourselves a ton of favors by crapping the bed in OOC games, but it feels like overall CUSA has started to slowly win more and more OOC match ups.

Reactions: MTsumner92
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT