ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-1) vs WKU (1-1) (ESPN+), 6PM, Saturday, September 14, 2024

I would delete my username immediately.

WKUbanshee
Posted on Sep 10th, 11:53 AM, , User Since 6 months ago, User Post Count: 13
  • Sep 10th, 11:53 AM
  • 6 months
WKUsports.com used this phrase to promote saturday's game at MTSU. DOes anyone actually say that? I dont remember hearing it when I was a student and I think it is dumb. It must stop now.

Banshee = crying, wailing, shrieking female.

Name checks out.

I would delete my username immediately.

WKUbanshee
Posted on Sep 10th, 11:53 AM, , User Since 6 months ago, User Post Count: 13
  • Sep 10th, 11:53 AM
  • 6 months
WKUsports.com used this phrase to promote saturday's game at MTSU. DOes anyone actually say that? I dont remember hearing it when I was a student and I think it is dumb. It must stop now.

While Banshee's thoughts are crazy, there is a point that makes sense and that others did too.

A good rivalry goes back and forth. Not 1-8 the last 9 years. There's two full classes almost that have no idea of it being a true rivalry and the hatred from back in the day.

Let's hope this weekend changes that.
I also think having this game the same weekend every year would help too.

In comparison WKU qb has the easy check down for comfortable 4th & 3 conversion.

We had that checkdown on the 4th down, Vatiatto threw it deep. The guy crossing from the left to the right was wide open with a good 5 yrds downfield.

Don't know if that was a QB read and throw or they wanted to throw it deep, but the short 1st down was there.

Rough second series there. Blown up run play, going nowhere throw on 2nd, pocket collapsed (probably had time to get rid of it) on 3rd down. 3-out.

Promising drive killed by very high risk 3rd & 4th down calls by OC. Why call 30-40 yard deep pass plays when all you need is 3?

Neither pass was the primary read.

Third down pass was supposed to be a quick out. WKU blitzed and NV saw the out covered so he threw it up on the deep due to the pressure.

The fourth down play was a mesh underneath as the first read. NV didn’t like that and then went to his second read trying to throw outside on the go route because the corner had inside leverage. The Toppers blitzed on that one too. It seemed NV rushed the throw or he just was inaccurate. I thought the mesh was opening up if NV didn’t move off it so fast.

Unreal. Just leaving them wide open in the endzone. Hell, everywhere. I'm already pissed over WVU. I'm gonna end up breaking something if this keeps up.

At least that game was competitive

We are gonna get boatraced at home by our "rival" (not much a rivalry, by the way, when one side always wins)

im ready to start hearing these excuses

year 1

lots of transfers

stock left the cupboard bare

Let's hear the cope

Well, all of that is completely accurate. We're also playing a team that pretty much has ruled the conference for years.

The fact is, it's going to take more time to assemble a better team than 3 games into Mason's first year.

We had that checkdown on the 4th down, Vatiatto threw it deep. The guy crossing from the left to the right was wide open with a good 5 yrds downfield.

Don't know if that was a QB read and throw or they wanted to throw it deep, but the short 1st down was there.
Good read. Saw that on replay. Should have taken checkdown

Well, all of that is completely accurate. We're also playing a team that pretty much has ruled the conference for years.

The fact is, it's going to take more time to assemble a better team than 3 games into Mason's first year.

Plenty of teams out there that are young with lots of turnover and new faces that are playing well. That excuse doesn't fly anymore

Second drive: RG missed a block. Really inexcusable because our RB was chipping as well and let him go.

Second play NV just misread the coverage. Not sure why he threw that pass, but it was a poor through anyway.

Third down: we picked up the blitz, but NV stepped into the spies. WKU showed pressure before the snap, I don’t understand why NV didn’t adjust the route before the snap or call TO.

This might be the worst OL since we went FBS. I have never seen interior linemen that ineffective

we are gonna get smoked at home by an average WKU team with their back up QB

Plenty of teams out there that are young with lots of turnover and new faces that are playing well. That excuse doesn't fly anymore

We're clearly overmatched at this point, no denying that. But it's not an excuse if it's the truth.

If you think 3 games into a coaches first year after 17 years of mismanagement is reasonable to go nuts, go right ahead.

Reactions: ewglenn
Why not roll NV out on the goal line? He is excellent runner.
Because we’re still the same school we’ve always been. Just like giving up 49 yards on a slant with their back against the wall. How do you give receiver inside leverage when you have them pinned? The answer? Same ole MT.

Reactions: TrueBlue147
We're clearly overmatched at this point, no denying that. But it's not an excuse if it's the truth.

If you think 3 games into a coaches first year after 17 years of mismanagement is reasonable to go nuts, go right ahead.

Nobody is going nuts. Just pointing out the fact that we suck. We are even noticeably worse than we were under Stockstill, which is hard to believe.

Being a first year coach isn't an excuse anymore. Plenty of teams out there at all levels of football having success with new staffs and rosters full of transfers. That's the name of the game these days. Plug and play. Teams at the G5 level are going to have a lot of movement every off-season.

These coordinators are dog shit and we will be lucky to win another game this year. Very obvious downgrade in talent and coaching in my opinion. All of these washed up Vanderbilt players are not what this program needed.

This D coordinator is getting read like a book. WKU OC eating his lunch like he owns him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT