ADVERTISEMENT

Message for Flash

Apr 24, 2015
Flash,

BBJ here. I have been locked out of the system (as BigBadJohn45) and have had to create another screen name "Sam Davis" just to get back in,

If you would, could you get the attention of Casey Bowman or RaiderDoug and have them email me at: samueldavis925@yahoo.com (another newly-created email address) so that I can get my old screen name/account activated? I think what happened is that they've got the wrong email address that they've been trying to send the confirmation email to.

Thanks, my friend.

--BBJ

BBJ, hopefully Casey or RaiderDoug will read this message and get you back in the system. If either one of them doesn't read this and respond by later this afternoon, I will attempt to notify them myself.

By the way, I love your created screen name, Sam Davis, the "Hero of the Confederacy" who said, "I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." The union officer in charge of the execution of Davis was discomfited by Davis' youth and calm demeanor and had trouble carrying out his orders. Just before he was hanged, Davis said to him, "Officer, I did my duty. Now you do yours."

A true Confederate hero.

Last edited:
John, this happened to me. Have you logged out and logged back in under your old screen name? That actually fixed the issue for me. You may be able to log out under your new name and log back in under your old name and that will fix the problem.

BBJ, hopefully Casey or RaiderDoug will read this message and get you back in the system. If either one of them doesn't read this and respond by later this afternoon, I will attempt to notify them myself.

By the way, I love your created screen name, Sam Davis, the "Hero of the Confederacy" who said, "I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." The union officer in charge of the execution of Davis was discomfited by Davis' youth and calm demeanor and had trouble carrying out his orders. Just before he was hanged, Davis said to him, "Officer, I did my duty. Now you do yours."

A true Confederate hero.

Flash,

Yes, I remember studying about Sam Davis in history class years ago back in grammar school! His famous quote is one of more famous ones in American history in my view. His old home still stands in Smyrna, TN, and is open to the public.

At any rate, yes, thank you so much my friend, for your kind assistance with restoring my old account. Please keep me posted as to the progress. Meanwhile, I'll continue to monitor the newly created yahoo account to give either Casey or Doug my actual email address in order to activate my old account.

Thanks again, my friend.

--BBJ

John, this happened to me. Have you logged out and logged back in under your old screen name? That actually fixed the issue for me. You may be able to log out under your new name and log back in under your old name and that will fix the problem.

MidTnBlue,

Yes, quite frankly I've tried everything--but to no avail--in restoring my old account. My good friend Flash has agreed to assist me with contacting either Casey Bowman or RaiderDoug to assisting me with restoring it.

At any rate, I'm sure it'll be back up and running soon. In the meanwhile, the ol' Confederate Sam Davis's name has been resurrected here to post in my stead!

Thanks for your kind offer of help, my friend.

--BBJ (aka Sam Davis)

BBJ, I have visited the Sam Davis home out of respect for him and those who died to preserve states rights which we no longer have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT