ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Riley, RIP

Read Wes’s piece on Matt and that all you need to know. No one has ever been more true to this program. RIP to a great Blue Raider.

Reactions: C-Bow and MTFAN61
So many well known names come to mind when thinking of Matt & that '85 team. Tony Burse, Gerald Anderson, Don Griffin, Marty Euverard. All great players including Matt Riley to name a few. We always think as time proceeds players automatically get better than prior generations. That's not necessarily the case. Be glad to have any of those guys on our 2023 roster. Rest in peace Matt.

Terrible. I can relate, I and my kids lost my wife and their mother unexpectedly earlier this year. Today is first time I've been on the site since her passing. Prayers for the family...

We never got to say goodbye, so never take any day for granted.
I cannot imagine what y’all are going through. I’m sure I can speak for everyone saying that we’re glad you are back.

I cannot imagine what y’all are going through. I’m sure I can speak for everyone saying that we’re glad you are back.
I appreciate it. I've not made a day without shedding tears. She was an MT Alumni as well. I'm doing my best to raise two kids and one has given up her goal to go away and unexpectedly to chose to stay local and attend MT to stay with me.

I appreciate it. I've not made a day without shedding tears. She was an MT Alumni as well. I'm doing my best to raise two kids and one has given up her goal to go away and unexpectedly to chose to stay local and attend MT to stay with me.
My wife and I will have fights and we have had some rough patches, but one thing I do know is raising our two kids without her would be extremely difficult. Seeing this made me realize that even more. I questioned if I should say anything at all because there is really nothing to say. Just know that I have been thinking about you and praying for you and your family. We all take things for granted too much.

You have my thoughts as well. One thing I've learned is to never take my wife for granted. Tell her I love her as much as possible and make a point to have husband/wife time now and then, not just mommy/daddy time.

Her parents and mine both had grand retirement plans and things changed. Her mom got sick, passed, and my mom has dementia. What it has done to our dads is heart-wrenching. And I too couldn't imagine not having my wife. She is our rock, no doubt.

Glad to see you back on here. Sometimes a mental escape is needed, even if just for a few minutes on a website.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT