ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Massaro: MT seeking ways to boost football attendance

Sorry, MidTnBlues. I didn't mean to pronounce you guilty by association. I'm sure you're a fine BlueRaider fan. (same words to you, though, I shared with dukewayne - guard yourself. Keep yourself from getting sucked in to the clique. Remain an individual).

LMAO. I went from giving you tickets to the reason you don't go? Haha. In all your excuses over the years I haven't once seen fans like me as the reason. That is a new one.

Oh, c'mon, TekePeachBlue...you got yourself a fancy-pants, bricko-block, open-air box, and you're a faithful contributor to BRAA. (We know this because you've said so...so many times).

Why you wasting your time on li'l ol' me?

(To all of you following this thread, a couple months ago I implied that TeKEraider and BigBluePeach are one in the same).

See, that's how collectivists work. They use smoke and mirrors, try to make themselves appear stronger and more numerous than they really are. Their goal is to make you feel outnumbered so you will give up and remain silent.

TeKEraider and BigBluePeach are the same person. That is my contention.

I...yes, me...I use my REAL name when participating in these social media forums. TekePeachBlue does not.

Think about that.

Hey, quick sidenote here, SmithO, since you mentioned Louisville...

I just gotta say; I just gotta brag. A friend I've had since childhood called a couple weeks ago. Said he had tickets to the UK game...against Louisville. He wanted to know if I'd like to go.

1. seeing a UK basketball game at Rupp has been on my bucket list for a long time.
2. I got to check that item off my list, a UK/UL matchup no less, and probably Pitino's last game coached at Rupp!

(I just thought you fellow sports fans would like to know that. Eat your heart out!!!)
That's cool. When I was coaching high school basketball in Chattanooga we went to a tournament in kentucky. During our game all of the fans in the stands had on headphones listening to the UK/Louisville game and you would hear random cheers throughout our game. It was obvious tha they were cheering about stuff going on during the game. It was so odd but cool at the same time.

Todd your Crazy is showing again you may want put that away. I put my name on here. I don't think it's a secret. I don't know peach but I know from his posts he is a former player, OL I think. Even at your most delusional I don't think you would mistake me for an offensive lineman.

Reactions: TheBigBluePeach
dukewayne, I love your first post in this thread. Be careful, though, and guard yourself against getting sucked into the clique of TekePeachBlue, SpaceRaider, MidTnBlue, Glenn, and the like. People like them are a huge reason rabid, once-faithful fans like me are no longer in the stands.

I'm in the clique? SWEET!!!

ddc1fb99f867c8cfef4ca616c72eae79.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the clique? SWEET!!!

ddc1fb99f867c8cfef4ca616c72eae79.jpg

Yes, MT Glenn. You...are in the clique.

See..., poontang,...even the hint of pootang accessibility...has weird effects on fellas.

Don't feel bad, li'l buddy. Many of us fellas have succumbed to the siren song of potential...poontang.

Austin, SmithO, what is going on is this thread?! A hilarious, yet tragic, example of cliques in actions. AustinLewis, your use of "catfight" is more appropriate than you know.

(Hey, at the very least, this little catfight and the sorority members who are forming their girly alliance against me are at the very least creating some excitement desperately needed in MT sports.)

Sorry to bring this into the thread but... this thread is a good reminder of why I tend to stick to BRZ... o_O

To try to bring it back on topic a bit, I agree with the idea that unless you win, folks really won't be super motivated to go out to our games. Let's be honest, with Stockstill we have a chance of getting a good season next year but who knows what will happen. We have seen 2-10 and 10-3 and everything in between. The AD needs to take drastic steps if they want to improve attendance & get folks in the stadium like improving gameday experiences (in-stadium WiFi, additional/better food options, new amenities, etc.) as well as offering special ticket deals that could be a draw for families - maybe even a give-away of a block of tickets for a group or something, I don't know how logical or feasible that is but if we can (big IF) provide a quality experience both on AND off the field, people will be more interested.

Ditto, MTOleBlue's comment.

Look, you got these cliques comprised of...yes, SpaceRaider, and the likes, who like to portray themselves as somehow more special than you.

Take TekePeachBlue. He (or she, or it, whatever multiple personality they are) is the epitome of someone who portrays themselves as more connected, more dedicated, than you. Hell, we all come here because we're following BlueRaider sports. But then you have the likes of TekePeachBlue who want to be a big fish in a small pond, and they look down their collectivist noses at you.

Good grief.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Dang ol', yep. Sports, and the discussion of sports, does indeed mirror life.

Now, what do I gotta do to get me one them fancy pants bricko block air boxes?

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
I think I'm gonna do like TekePeachBlue and create me another username.

I'm gonna call him "Blue".

40044035_384x288_generated.jpg

To try to bring it back on topic a bit, I agree with the idea that unless you win, folks really won't be super motivated to go out to our games. Let's be honest, with Stockstill we have a chance of getting a good season next year but who knows what will happen. We have seen 2-10 and 10-3 and everything in between. The AD needs to take drastic steps if they want to improve attendance & get folks in the stadium like improving gameday experiences (in-stadium WiFi, additional/better food options, new amenities, etc.) as well as offering special ticket deals that could be a draw for families - maybe even a give-away of a block of tickets for a group or something, I don't know how logical or feasible that is but if we can (big IF) provide a quality experience both on AND off the field, people will be more interested.

People should really look at the 49ers and their stadium. Incredible stadium with all kinds of flashy things for fan experience. Their record was horrible this year and that fancy stadium had a lot of empty seats.

Reactions: ToddMalone
People should really look at the 49ers and their stadium. Incredible stadium with all kinds of flashy things for fan experience. Their record was horrible this year and that fancy stadium had a lot of empty seats.

From what I have heard and seen, that had less to do with the nice amenities and crappy play and more to do with the fact that it was literally baking in the stadium no matter where you sat. I heard horror stories of folks sitting in supposedly safe areas and being baked with deep red sunburns from just brief stays in their seats. Fortunately, I don't think JRF is that bad.

Reactions: ToddMalone
absolutely LOVE MTOleBlue's and MidTnBlue's exchange!!!

Hey, TekePeachBlue, their exchange HAS to be a violation of the TOS. Shut them MF'ers down!

Hey, TekePeachBlue, you can try to silence ToddMalone, but "Blue" will pick up the torch and carry on where you killed The Todd.

40044035_384x288_generated.jpg

What the heck is going on in this thread?
"Battered Fan Syndrome." I gave it 9 straight years but enough is enough.

Back on topic.....
The last Fan Day I attended was 2013 and I was approached by the new Aspire rep about purchasing blocks of group tickets in addition to my Stadium Club seats. She was a sweet girl just trying to do her job so I bought 20 additional season tix in the North End Zone to offer as giveaways and allocated it from my Marketing budget. I could not give a single ticket away in Franklin. Not one. All I did was artificially inflate season ticket numbers but did nothing to put core market (Murfreesboro) butts in seats. The coaches are not involved in the community except for one or two preseason events every year. There is no TV broadcast of a Rick Stockstill Show and I would imagine it is due to a lack of a major sponsor. Nothing changes. Crappy schedules and 6-6 seasons will eventually run off even the most loyal alums. I watched the 2009 Memphis/ECU game in Tommy West's last season on a mid-week CUSA national broadcast on ESPN. There were only 4,000 people there for the entire nation to see. Everyone here knows what the definition of insanity is. That game got a head coach fired. Eventually, an AD and President were also replaced.

Drastic change is needed and giving an 8-year contract to a .500 coach is not the answer even if he "delays" his bonus. CRS earned the raise he got in 2010 based on measurable accomplishments in the 2009 season. Nothing has come close since.

OK, I read this thread, and let me see if I can get this straight.

Todd and Peach used to sit together, but Peach ran off Todd and then went to sit in a concrete bunker and Todd can't get him out and also hates twitter. Teke turned into a communist but actually may be Peach's alter ego who's not communist, he just lives in his open air box, like Biggie in the VIP room - no one else is admitted. Everyone is upset with Franklin because he can't tell if he's a Memphis, MTSU, or Belmont fan or if he just doesn't like sports anymore. Franklin is upset with everyone who won't join him in sticking pins into his Tommy West voodoo doll. According to anonymous sources, Space tried to hypnotize Todd into his cult, but he's not having any of it, and none of that facebook sass either! Cbow is trying to invite a bunch of sorority girls over and Todd now thinks everyone is out to get him.

Got it.

Franklin is correct.

Recently, while pressing him to give more coverage of MT in the Tennessean, a sportswriter told me MT needs to change up the opponents they play because no one cares to see MT take on the opponents they're playing now.

He went on to say if MT insists on scheduling the likes of Jackson State and Charlotte, then they at least need to consider scheduling schools like Tenn Tech, APSU, TSU, etc.

Granted, I'm not willing to fork over the money to buy me one of them fancy-pants bricko-block air boxes at Floyd (because I'd much rather sit in the regular stands with common folk), and I'm not a big-time BRAA member who likes to brag on this board which level they're a member of, but I think that sportswriter is correct.

Thank you, sir.

RaiderDoug, Blue is now out to get you.

SpaceRaider, don't you dare try to get in on RaiderDoug's good side by "liking" his post. It just ain't gonna work.

I'm a BRAA member!

I have a bricko block air box!

Meeeeeh! I'm a better fan that you arrrrrrrrrrrre!

40030425_384x288_generated.jpg

I still say it boils down to pride. Not enough of our alums are proud of the school. It's a fallback school. It's a place they went not a place they chose. I am not sure how to fix that

As pointed out Charlotte has the excitement of new and the previous mentioned bells and whistles. Doesn't draw. Wku was undefeated in conference and couldn't get 20k for a championship game. I think they are similar to us so I am not even sure winning unless it's over a long period of time.

I don't want to see us spending a ton of money trying get blood from a stone. There are things we can do to make it better for the folks already there but I wouldn't count on an attendance spike. I like the wifi. I think we should have better food. I certainly want us to win. I think the main focus should be students and let time take care of it after that. I think chances are slim of changing the viewing habits of anybody over 35 and every year over. We will always be d2 to most them. The ones we have are the same we got from the start and we lost a lot of them. I am guessing it will be a generation before we see major change. On the bright side there sure are a lot of kids running around the games. I like the future.

Todd and Peach used to sit together, but Peach ran off Todd and then went to sit in a concrete bunker and Todd can't get him out and also hates twitter. Teke turned into a communist but actually may be Peach's alter ego who's not communist, he just lives in his open air box, like Biggie in the VIP room - no one else is admitted. Everyone is upset with Franklin because he can't tell if he's a Memphis, MTSU, or Belmont fan or if he just doesn't like sports anymore. Franklin is upset with everyone who won't join him in sticking pins into his Tommy West voodoo doll. According to anonymous sources, Space tried to hypnotize Todd into his cult, but he's not having any of it, and none of that facebook sass either! Cbow is trying to invite a bunch of sorority girls over and Todd now thinks everyone is out to get him.

Got it.
Just flip Teke for peach, add something about Todd hating the Guberment and you nailed it.:D:D:D

Got it.

That deserves more than a LOL. The creativity at least deserves me to spell out hilarious.

This is the weirdest freaking thread I've seen on here in my 11+ years of being on here. It's also one of the most entertaining.

In 2009, we had just about 29,000 folks for our game with Memphis and it was fun as heck. Brad Smith left after 2010 and all of the energy he had left with him. He did so much to make things great and was treated like crap IMO. No one in marketing including Massaro has been able to do what he's done. He sold a lot of tix and worked the experience on Gameday like crazy. He also marketed games months in advance. No one does that now. He's at Morehead st. probably making more money than he did here and it's obvious on his twitter that he brings the heat there too and they are better for it.

You need a hype man over there and we don't have one so there's no hype.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT