ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Marshall plans Black Out for visiting Blue Raiders

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
excerpt:

...[Middle Tennessee] has been a consistent program in C-USA since joining the league, something that most programs in C-USA can’t say. But it always seems to come up short in the key games and can’t get over the hump in becoming a league title contender. Will 2016 be the year in which the Blue Raiders break through? Marshall handled MTSU easily at home in 2014 following a loss in 2013 and this year the Herd will have that same motivation. Along with the revenge factor, this will be the game in which Marshall will wear the “75” decal on the helmets and the new black jerseys to honor the plane crash victims, something the Herd takes very seriously. Over the past two years, Marshall has won the game closest to the plane crash anniversary date (both home games) by a combined score of 93-14. Offensively, the Blue Raiders should be electric this season. But they lost several key starters off of a defense that was only tied for 74th in the FBS in total defense in 2015. MTSU has the capability to beat Marshall and this should be one of the Herd’s toughest C-USA games in 2016, but I just don’t see it happening here. Revenge and the plane crash anniversary will play as key motivators in this game and I see the Herd getting a 17-21 point win at home. Not that Marshall will necessarily be that much better than the Blue Raiders, but I feel the emotion of the game and revenge factor will put it over the top. With that being said, don’t be surprised if this is a very close game either. Hopefully Marshall can get its revenge against MTSU and honor the 75 in the process.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT