ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like it’s all but done

Athletic directors from the MAC discussed adding the two schools during a lengthy call Monday. There was universal agreement from the 12 ADs that Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee should be extended invitations. MAC presidents, which meet on Monday evening, have the ultimate say in the addition of new member institutions, though it is thought to be a formality, one source said.

The expectation is that Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee would begin play in the MAC in 2023.

As I have stated before, I love the MAC. I realize it is difficult to understand how one could love another school as much as one's alma mater, but I do. I love Ohio University and Miami University as much as I love Kent State. That is why I wear MAC gear all of the time. I don't view Ohio and Miami as rivals, but as conference brothers who deserve respect and admiration. I can honestly say it pains me to see them lose.

Should Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky become MAC members, two schools I have degrees from, I will officially welcome you all to the Mid-American Conference.

As I have stated before, I love the MAC. I realize it is difficult to understand how one could love another school as much as one's alma mater, but I do. I love Ohio University and Miami University as much as I love Kent State. That is why I wear MAC gear all of the time. I don't view Ohio and Miami as rivals, but as conference brothers who deserve respect and admiration. I can honestly say it pains me to see them lose.

Should Middle Tennessee and Western Kentucky become MAC members, two schools I have degrees from, I will officially welcome you all to the Mid-American Conference.
Right there with you……😂
MT Blue Raider
Belmont Bruin
Memphis Ninja

fNorthern_Outfitters__Extreme_Weather_Gea_59a7774646280.jpg

Last edited:
I'd much rather stay in a southern based conference, but that doesn't appear in the cards, so if it's the MAC, I can say I look forward to more real network, actual tv, football games. The men's basketball tournament in Cleveland is slightly more drivable than Frisco in miles excluding the crap weather up north.

I have to say I stopped driving to away football games after the blow out in bowling green in 2015(?), so who/where we play on the road doesn't impact me and when the Blue Raiders play in Floyd Stadium I'm there to watch them, not the other team.

I've been on a handful of MAC campuses (BGSU, Toledo, Akron, and Buffalo) but to only one athletic event (that was MT at Toledo mbb) decades ago, and the Motor City Bowl when Stockstill starting the tradition of MT losing badly in Bowl games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT