ADVERTISEMENT

Later

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
I am done with this team/program until the entire coaching staff is turned over. i just can't do this same old song and dance anymore with this inept, 2nd class, joke of a head coach and his assistants (and now has his son as the starting QB, LOL, what a joke)...

Literally, why watch or listen? It's just history repeating itself, same old thing year in, year out. Incompetent coordinators, .500 seasons, and the most predictable play calling in the history of the sport. It's really been that way every single year Stock has been here except when Franklin was running the show.

I had quit posting here for years after the 2 win season but was asked to come back multiple times by the publisher of this site and finally decided to. However, I refuse to invest a single additional thought on this sorry excuse for a football program. I know many of you will rejoice that Mr. Negative is gone (cue the good riddance comments), and that's fine and dandy with me. Have fun living in your fantasy world thinking this team/program is something special when in reality it's nothing but a bottom feeding cupcake who's failed to do jack fk'ing $hit in the last decade. Enjoy being #stuckwithstock for the next decade while so many other young blooded coaches are out there making waves in CFB and getting it done.

Peace

I lost interest in this program the year before the move to CUSA. I haven't followed them with the exception of casually. I follow men's basketball, but football has become a complete joke. In general the game of college football has changed. I hate watch everyone running the same offense. There is no creativity in play calling anymore. I want to watch teams that will run the ball. Ga Tech, Stanford, Wisconsin, Alabama, all have offenses that put the qb under center. I miss the year stock first got here and we went to a power running game with Eugene Gross. Throwing the ball all over the field really hasn't worked out for us.
I agree with Wiley, I'm done with this group. I have been done for a while though.
Seriously, I cannot wait until basketball season. Kermit posts winning records and his guys always play hard. That is a change from what you see in football. G-day!

attachment.php

I lost interest in this program the year before the move to CUSA. I haven't followed them with the exception of casually. I follow men's basketball, but football has become a complete joke. In general the game of college football has changed. I hate watch everyone running the same offense. There is no creativity in play calling anymore. I want to watch teams that will run the ball. Ga Tech, Stanford, Wisconsin, Alabama, all have offenses that put the qb under center. I miss the year stock first got here and we went to a power running game with Eugene Gross. Throwing the ball all over the field really hasn't worked out for us.
I agree with Wiley, I'm done with this group. I have been done for a while though.
Seriously, I cannot wait until basketball season. Kermit posts winning records and his guys always play hard. That is a change from what you see in football. G-day!
Do you realize there is a ton of difference between what GaTech runs and what Stanford, Wisconsin, and even Alabama runs? Even Alabama, under Kiffin, has used a good bit of one-back sets and spread concepts in their offense.

Why the love of having your QB under center? In the NFL (I'm not sure if there are similar stats available for CFB), Shotgun formations gained 5.8 ypp as opposed to 5.0 ypp under center.

One of the biggest misconceptions of the spread offense is that you can't play "power football." This misconception is utterly false. At least 7 of the top 12 rushing attacks in CFB are some form of the spread offense and you can run the same run concepts (gap or zone) from a spread set with success.

It's not the formations from which you run the football, but the effectiveness you have of running the football in those formations. MT finished the 2014 season rushing 530 times for over 2500 yards (4.8 ypc). Skip ahead to 2015 and MT has rushed 299 times with a 3.5 ypc. To quote Football Outsiders "
You run when you win, not win when you run."

FWIW, I absolutely despise watching CKD coached basketball teams. Terribly boring to watch.

CKD'CKD'S teams may be boring but at least the guy wins the games he's supposed to. Furthermore, our basketball teams rarely, if ever gets blown out of games that we should be competitive in. Unfortunately, it seems like we have a few games a year where our football team just get obliterated.

CKD's teams may be boring but at least the guy wins the games he's supposed to. Furthermore, our basketball teams rarely, if ever gets blown out of games that we should be competitive in. Unfortunately, it seems like we have a few games a year where our football team just get obliterated.

CKD's teams may be boring but at least the guy wins the games he's supposed to. Furthermore, our basketball teams rarely, if ever gets blown out of games that we should be competitive in. Unfortunately, it seems like we have a few games a year where our football team just get obliterated.
I have been as frustrated as the rest of you all, but so far the only game we have lost this year that we were supposed to win was Vandy (just going by Vegas spread.) It's the come from behind losses and blowouts that have us all in meltdown mode.

To his credit, MBB seems to have turned a corner (somewhat) over the last few years and the 2015-2016 schedule is solid, but it is just so boring...

I have been as frustrated as the rest of you all, but so far the only game we have lost this year that we were supposed to win was Vandy (just going by Vegas spread.) It's the come from behind losses and blowouts that have us all in meltdown mode.

^^^^^
This.........and the 8-year golden parachute. It is what it is.

To his credit, MBB seems to have turned a corner (somewhat) over the last few years and the 2015-2016 schedule is solid, but it is just so boring...

What corner? How many championships have we won? His record is slightly better than CRS, but we are not a factor in men's college BB.

Reactions: Raiderclyde
Kermit has been here damn near 10 years, maybe more. And only 1 play in game that was an absolute disaster. The NIT run was cool and all, but the NCAA is where its at.

What corner? How many championships have we won? His record is slightly better than CRS, but we are not a factor in men's college BB.
MT MBB turned the 20 win corner, but as you mention, the lack of championships during his tenure is disappointing

Our men's basketball and football is pretty similar in performance if one looks at the body of work throughout the careers of both. Kermit's work does seem little better and more consistent with the recency of the NIT appearances and our play in game in NCAA. Our 19-15 record seemed better last year since we made the final, but lost to UAB. UAB beat Iowa State in the "second round". On the other hand, CRS has the 2006 MCB, 2009 NO, 2011 Go Daddy, and 2013 AFB, winning in 2009. I look at an 8-4 like a 20 win season. However, it's about conference championships, bowl wins, tournament wins, and rankings at the next level of relevance and building a fan base like the P5 conferences. Yes, We have a faint whiff in each sport, but scant few tangible examples of sustainable runs. If we are to get a better perception in each, we have to start seeing results at those higher benchmarks. 21-12 or so doesn't carry the same meaning anymore as it did 20 years ago. Murray State found that out with 5 losses relegating to the NIT. LaTech with 6-7 losses is getting NIT dates, not NCAAs. Yes it may bring NIT ,CIT,or CBI just as 7-5 gets a bowl date in Boca Raton. Basketball is more promising at the moment I will say.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT