ADVERTISEMENT

Latech fans think the New Orleans Bowl is beneath them...

Until they actually win a championship, they can't say anything. Talk about a team not producing results. It's a stupid argument because all of their fans can easily travel to that one. However, they have about as many fans as we do.

USM and WKU should get the top 2 bowl spots without question.

They should decline it then scream and complain to high heaven when they do not get another offer and have to stay home.

They should decline it then scream and complain to high heaven when they do not get another offer and have to stay home.
Too many unfilled spots this year for that to happen. This may be the year to be picky.

We are in CUSA, we should never be picky. If you don't win 11-12 games and win the championship you should want to play in a game that allows as many fans as possible - I would LOVE to go back to NOB

Just shows you how stupid fans can be.

The bowl wants them there because of the attendance. The matchup will be great. What's the problem? Sheesh.

LaTech, what, no Rose Bowl? Unbelievable! No wonder they are outraged in Ruston.

According to CBSSports.com, La Tech has accepted bid to play Arky State in the New Orleans Bowl. Southern Miss has accepted bid for Heart of Dallas Bowl. WKU in the Miami Beach Bowl. Nothing official for Marshall yet.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Riddle me this. How did Georgia St. get a matchup with an AAC opponent in Orlando? Wow. It's on the 19th when people could actually go down to it the week before Christmas. Nice spot. Guess I'll be eating Popeye's in my living room while watching us play in an empty stadium at 11 am on Christmas eve. It will remind us of one of our home games. :)

Well, ga state made a huge turnaround from losing to Charlotte very early in the season to beating Ga Southern in Statesboro yesterday, which I was happy to see. There's just a handful of fan bases that I absolutely despise and georgia southern is one of them.

The bowl in Orlando is a Sun Belt bowl. I agree with your point about it being tough for us to go to the games, but I'm guessing the players would rather go to Miami, Boca Raton or the Bahamas over Orlando.

When I saw the GA St/GA So score on the ticker, I would have bet money they had the scores reversed! It wasn't even close!

Riddle me this. How did Georgia St. get a matchup with an AAC opponent in Orlando? Wow. It's on the 19th when people could actually go down to it the week before Christmas. Nice spot. Guess I'll be eating Popeye's in my living room while watching us play in an empty stadium at 11 am on Christmas eve. It will remind us of one of our home games. :)
I thought it said they were playing SJSU. Who are they playing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT