ADVERTISEMENT

JUCO DT picks MTSU

Offers: Austin Peay, FAU, Hawaii, Houston Christian, Illinois State, Liberty, McNeese State, Middle Tennessee, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Nevada, North Carolina A&T, Old Dominion, Samford, Southern, Troy, UAPB, UMASS, UTEP, Wagner

To combat double digit fbs teams & get a quality defensive tackle shows the strength of Middle Tennessee's new coaching staff. Last year's staff would have folded the tents thinking there was too much competition, & best to look at easier to get juco's.
Successfully going up against teams like Liberty, FAU, ODU, Troy continues to build confidence we're going in the right direction.

To combat double digit fbs teams & get a quality defensive tackle shows the strength of Middle Tennessee's new coaching staff. Last year's staff would have folded the tents thinking there was too much competition, & best to look at easier to get juco's.
Successfully going up against teams like Liberty, FAU, ODU, Troy continues to build confidence we're going in the right direction.
When we get a committ, I look 'em up to see who else is after them. I can't really tell to much about stars at our level - who knows about a 3-star vs 2-star.

But if they have other visits or offers, they typically are guys that have been evaluated to be able to play at this level.

And I remember for most of the past decade, we had so many guys that didn't have profiles, or had no other schools, or at best had teams like Furman, Eastern KY, and like Bethune Cookman after them.

When we get a committ, I look 'em up to see who else is after them. I can't really tell to much about stars at our level - who knows about a 3-star vs 2-star.

But if they have other visits or offers, they typically are guys that have been evaluated to be able to play at this level.

And I remember for most of the past decade, we had so many guys that didn't have profiles, or had no other schools, or at best had teams like Furman, Eastern KY, and like Bethune Cookman after them.
Other offers is always helpful in seeing how good a prospect “should” be. Our recruiting is much better than it has been. Hopefully that will translate into wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT